Replies: 3757 (Who?), Viewed: 135149 times.
Page 151 of 151
Scholar
#3751 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 2:47 AM
Trying to have an inappropriate love affair with a couple of sims but one of them just won't cooperate. Probably because he knows the other one is mean spirited and destined to make him sad, and he's thinking "Why would Lucy DO that? She NEVER makes mean Sims, and I'm the reincarnation of one of her favorites! Why torture me?" Well, the answer is in the question, Billy.

edit: meanwhile, in my Story notifications, I am seeing some...interesting pairings...cross-generational affairs (elder and young adult), & some unexpected breakups. I did say I'd let it go hang out when I got done setting up...
Lab Assistant
#3752 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 4:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandelyn
I am pretty sure it was in Igazor's game that a meteor hit the school and killed all the kids inside. I am guessing that if it hits a rabbit hole everyone inside dies from it.

I've had that happen multiple times (I have a mod to make meteors slightly more common). And yes, anyone in the RH dies- since the game counts them as standing in the same spot. That leaves you with a choice: have every single sim in the RH die or quickly reset the lot- which will reset the sims back to a safe space (usually at home).

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbsim75
I can't understand, though, how on earth the fire started in the first place.

Do you have a mod in that lets people eat more than the standard (limited) bistro menu selections? If so, someone might have ordered a dish with ghost chili in it. There is a small chance that if you eat a meal made with a normal (or less) quality ghost chili, your sim can catch fire. Since the bistro meals are not cooked on a stove, the game seems to assume the ingredients were normal quality.
Scholar
#3753 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 1:07 AM
I've for the last few weeks created a "uberhood" with many of the reaccuring families from TS2 and TS3, where I packed the TS3 sims up with Nraas Porter, adjusting their ages and gave them makeover, and had them give birth to the remaining sims from Pleasantville and aged up those as well.

Pic below feature the ones from Pleasantville , but I've Landgraab, Summerdream and other TS2 sims as well, plus a few from other the EA worlds. It's roughly around 200 sims which shouldnt be too bad for a combined world. They live in Roaring Heights (annihilated the residents and reset the world before packing the sims up) because thats have one of the bigger world to add new lots on (using the ruins area near the hospital to add lots for low income families).
Im rather satisfied how the born in game sims came out, but I had to change their hair color because I wanted them to have similar hair color as they had in Pleasantville.

Their age are slightly different to TS2 where Cassandra is a teenager and alot younger than Don Lothario and Kaylynn is same as Mortimer who is still an Adult (around mid 40s in human age), where Darleene Dreamer, Micheal Bachelor etc has passed away.

In TS2 I play both custom and premade hoods, but TS3 is quiet annoying with CAS and building so I prefer playing the premades in a more "simulated" way, where I age them and adjust their life with Nraas Master controller and using Spreedsheets. Going through 200 sims and play them many simdays would be too overwhelming and it take quiet a while to fix their appearances because CAS is buggy on my laptop specs which is average.
Screenshots
Scholar
#3754 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 9:48 AM
There's apparently a secret All Chaos All the Time setting in Nraas story progression that I have unwittingly triggered because nearly every couple that I started playing with is breaking up, nearly every inactive love affair is inappropriate for one reason or another, and people keep having babies and acquiring pets. At least some people do seem to be tending their gardens amongst all this madness, anyway.

I'm not complaining. I'm baffled, but not complaining.
Alchemist
#3755 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy kemnitzer
There's apparently a secret All Chaos All the Time setting in Nraas story progression that I have unwittingly triggered because nearly every couple that I started playing with is breaking up, nearly every inactive love affair is inappropriate for one reason or another, and people keep having babies and acquiring pets. At least some people do seem to be tending their gardens amongst all this madness, anyway.

I'm not complaining. I'm baffled, but not complaining.

That actually sounds quite interesting gameplay. I wouldn't complain, either. One thing with SP is driving me nuts even though I havent done anything to it: the simmies in my town keeps dating and falling in love but not getting married very often as the end result. That means town full of pregnant ladies and bunch of modern day Casanovas. Many times I end up organizing a shotgun weddings. :D
Test Subject
#3756 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 11:36 PM
Well, Constance wished for a large family and somehow got pregnant with the genie behind my back. There went my plan to have her reincarnate her dead (exhusband) and have his babies. I made the genie marry her and tend to her quads. Thankfully, the heir wished to move in with her boyfriend, I was more than happy to agree. I did cancel the try for a baby action. Wait until later! You literally wanted to move while your mom was in labor! Next time the genie stays in the lamp.

On a unrelated note: All the babies were born a vampire except one. The two slightly older adopted ones are almost toddlers and witches. The poor girl though.
#3757 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 11:23 PM
While I haven't played as him, I used Sims 3 as a character designer for a minor character from my original story and it helped flesh out his personality a bit. Like, I gave him cutoff sleeves and a laurel wreath because he's an egomaniac crime lord who fancies himself a noble. Weirdly the shirt is from Into the Future despite the setting being pseudo middle ages. It seemed to work on him.
Scholar
#3758 Old Yesterday at 8:21 PM
I made this head of household as my first mean-spirited sim, and I got tired of it after 5 sim days. It's so annoying that he's always fighting and being mean. I wish the traits had sliders like in Sims 2, but a variety to choose like Sims 3. Anyway I decided that maybe Evil would be less exhausting, so on Day 6 I went into Master Controller and changed him over-Day 7, I'm already ready to jettison Evil too.

What trait do I want? I just wanted to make him a somewhat bad foster father, turning his teen fosters out to earn him money any way they could (all the obvious ways: collecting, fishing, gardening, etc) which I know we don't have the command "Influence to..." & anyway I think in SIms 2 it never had the options I'm thinking of here, but still! I could fill in that part with pretend.

Anyway, other than that, chaos continues to reign. I'm about to go study at Nraas how to slow down the turnover on the Story Progression. I really think a sim should take more than a week to have three different affairs and probably a wedding too (I'm not sure about whether my NPCs are getting married or just shacking up, but man, there's been a lot of gettings together, breakups, movings in and movings out in the background).
Page 151 of 151