Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 12:09 AM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 16th Nov 2020 at 4:22 PM.
Default I've become obsessed with...*UPDATE* - NO CC version Available Now!* New-Hylewood is now available for download!
Campers. And mobile homes. I mean, I always liked trailer parks and wanted one in my game. But now I'm obsessed. I think I'll fill up Hylewood ( https://nilxis.tumblr.com/post/1032...wers-gift-empty ) with nothing but campers.
After seeing some done in Sims 4, I tried to make some for 3. I just need to get the curved roof thing down.
(I take no credit for the ones I copied, they were inspiration only.)

What are you obsessed with?

I have created a Tumblr to share the download for Hylewood Island - Camper Obsession Edition!
Thank you again for your interest in this project! This has been a lot of fun!
https://katyfernlily.tumblr.com/pos...hylewood-island
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 9:40 PM
Those look really great. I love the creativity here!

I'm obsessed with Victorian-style houses myself. It's a timeless style of architecture we don't see enough of in the modern age, so I try to keep it alive in TS3 at least.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 10:48 PM
Definitely not mobile homes. Victorian and Baghdad compound lots for me.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simgamer18955
Those look really great. I love the creativity here!

I'm obsessed with Victorian-style houses myself. It's a timeless style of architecture we don't see enough of in the modern age, so I try to keep it alive in TS3 at least.

Thanks!
Oh, I love Victorian style myself. Might be my second obsession! (When it comes to the Sims.)
I'd love to see some of your creations!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 7:32 AM
This is very fun and it is so nice to see something different from the usual builds.
Scholar
#6 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 5:39 PM
Very Pretty.

I'm not good at building(except interiors). But I am partial to Medieval Castles guarded by a Bonehilda Squad :P

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Theorist
#7 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 7:24 PM
These are wonderful. Do you use any plans or just off the top of your head?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 12:17 AM
Thank you! I kind of copied from some sims 4 lot builders and from real life photos. It's hard to duplicate the interiors/exteriors because of size constraints and there is only so much you can do with the sims. Gotta use your imagination. I also use other peoples lots and change them around a bit. Saves time. (I take no credit for others creations and thanks so much for sharing your work!).

I've added some smaller lots to Hylewood and now have some "camper/trailer parks" scattered around. Trying to make it look like one of those small towns up north where you go camping and antiquing. Getting some commercial going so sims have something to do.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 4:00 AM
How's the routing for a home as small as that?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
How's the routing for a home as small as that?

So far everything seems to be working. Had a bit of an issue with a bookshelf but moved it slightly and is now useable.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 7:54 AM
This is so cool I can totally understand your new obsession! I also love how you did the commercial build. It looks so realistic. Now I want to go an download all camping CC I can find But I'm currently playing something totally different, so this would be a bad idea :p
Instructor
#12 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 12:55 PM
This is all sooo cute!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 9:12 PM
Might need more room.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 10:01 AM
Gonna bore you with more of my obsession.

Fixed up the interior of the double-decker.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#15 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 3:25 PM
These are really cute! The double-decker reminds me of a house I saw on YouTube!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 9:35 PM
I want to share this little info with you, perhaps you like it. I think, it could fit your 'tiny home' builds.

Recently I discovered this very cool sofa rug by Danjaley (I love her stuff ) and immediately I had the idea to let my sims sit in this balcony windows (I don't know how they are called actually). They look so cosy and I was always disappointed that they are not usable as a surface for objects or sims. It looks like this:

Well it doesn't look perfect, the sims are sitting a bit too high so they are floating a bit and you need to use a debug headlight because they get a bit dark when sitting there (after all they are out of the room, aren't they?). But in game I like it and I'm always like *aww* when a sim decides to sit there.

I just like it, so perhaps you will like it, too
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 10:00 PM
Thank you - that is very cute! Maybe could put some pillows around them to hide the floaty aspect? Still adorable and I love this idea!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 10:26 PM
These are all so pretty! I adore them, and I find it very refreshing to see some deviation from the usual builds I see!

I also didn't know that we had half walls in the game, so technically these builds are extra nice for letting me know something new! :D

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 12:41 AM
Half walls have been in the game since around the time of LN. I think they were actually introduced in the LN patch.

Mad Poster
#20 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 2:18 AM
Please keep boring us with these photos. These lots are great. You need to upload this world when done. Contact Nilxis and I am sure he will say OK to do so if he is given credit for the world.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 9:25 AM
Thanks daisylee! Are you still making worlds? I still have a soft spot for your Greek Island world that took me forever to find a download for. I just Love it!

This world is Nilxis' via the caw files that he's offered up for anyone to play around with. Huge Thank You, Nilxis! All I did was change some lot sizes to fit my tiny camper obsession. (I blame the virus, it's turned me into a compulsive, addicted to sims, insomniac). I also took out a bunch of bushes and ferns thinking it would keep the world running smooth. Changed a few spawners and fiddled with the routing. Thats it. I can't build in CaW as it won't save or even load for that matter. So these buildings are done in game. I have a crapton of cc that I use also. I'm willing to share the save file down the road for anyone who is interested, as it's still pretty empty for now.

My next junk shop/consignment store. Has a little ice cream shop off the side. Includes inspiration pics.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#22 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 1:14 PM
The shop looks great! I have been too busy with RL to do much. Have a new version of my Greek Island that is much bigger with more islands and have been building there for fun. Probably will never upload though as too complicated due to the CC needed that is not available now unless I provide it or folks have it. Also have at least 2 other worlds almost done. Need to finish them and then they will go on the exchange I guess.

I worked on Hylewood for a while also and have no idea where that file is. Have had Sims on too many computers ...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 11:18 AM
Starting to look like an actual town
Sims 4 inspiration by SimLicy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krK...&index=2&t=419s
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 4:36 PM
So frickin adorable. I'd be very grateful for the save file, no matter what state it is in.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 9:06 AM
Another camper and a gym.
Screenshots
Page 1 of 4