Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 12:09 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 22nd Nov 2014 at 1:23 AM.
http://asset3.itsnicethat.com/syste....jpg?1389952720
I like the overall concept of a pyramid house. The pic only shows one side, which doesn't have any windows, but the other side that is slightly visible seems to have some.
The entrance is atrocious. It should be recessed into the pyramid, not sticking out like that with that ugly little roof. Completely ruins the concept.
This looks to be a very small house. A larger version could also have recessed terraces, which would look good.

I made a pyramid house for TS2 many years ago. I ought to make another. It looked better than this one in the picture, although it was considerably bigger too.

A Google Images search for 'pyramid house' brings up some nice examples of the concept, including this one which shows what I mean by recessed entrances and terraces:
Advertisement
Scholar
#29 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
That boulder house also seems to be on a mountain\hill, and maybe the boulders were too heavy to be taken down, and the house's actually built around the boulders.

They could have built the house a bit further down the slope, though. I think it was definitely done on purpose. There are many eccentric people in this world, who'd want a unique home like that. And I think it's a bit unfair to list houses that have been damaged by vandals and the wreckingball of time. That first house you listed looks like it has been beautiful once. It's got some lovely gothic-style windows.

The turd-house is tacky. It's a hipster-house, built for someone who wanted a painfully non-conformist house to rub in their neighbours' faces.
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 4:27 PM
@ScaryRob http://asset3.itsnicethat.com/syste....jpg?1389952720

And did you notice? It's a purple-ish ugly pyramid.
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 4:35 PM
Default probably just needs a little pink...
Screenshots
Theorist
#33 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
And did you notice? It's a purple-ish ugly pyramid.

Is it? I thought those were just dark-colored roof tiles.
Alchemist
#34 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu

I have to disagree,

That house is beautiful, it's just slightly damaged and will be in my game someday.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#36 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 10:05 AM
Very, very ugly
Screenshots
Scholar
#37 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 4:18 PM
Where would one even begin with such a creation. It's like they took apart a 19th/20th century building and stuck all the pieces together in a modern formation... How do you make something so wrong with all those nice pieces...
Alchemist
#38 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 9:00 PM
Oh. My. Ew.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#39 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 1:27 AM
All of these seem to be off by themselves somewhere... I wonder if they might look better in a neighborhood where there would be a similarly eccentric building right next door.

Might help some of them out a bit...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#40 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 3:52 PM
Not so much an ugly house than a screwup. At least I hope this wasn't planned.

On the positive side, if this is in a northern climate, the kids are going to love wintertime.
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 6:05 PM
Default Apparently, they call this, "neo-mediterranean."
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#42 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 2:17 AM
@tsyokawe ...Auto-roof, anyone?

Scholar
#43 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 8:49 PM
I'm not even sure Auto-roof would do such a bad job...
Edit.
On second thoughts, it probably would.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 11:09 PM
I think auto roof would do a better job than that! lol

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#45 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 8:09 PM
I just found another Pyramid house that is even worse:
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#46 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23

I kinda wanna see how the interior of that one worked out. It can't be worse than the exterior, so potentially the top room with the glass roof could be really cool. But the exterior is... uhm... not to my tastes either.
Theorist
#47 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23

I like it, except that, once again, they screwed up the entrance. It should go down into the ground level, not up into...well, I can't tell where it goes, lol.
Entrances need to be unobtrusive, most of the time. It's a basic FLW concept.
Yeah, seeing the inside and/or the floorplan would be great.

Don't be a pyramid hater.
Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 5:30 PM
Default Pepto Bismol comes to mind...
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#49 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 5:34 PM
Awww, but it even has little plumbbob decorations! Shouldn't that warm a Simmer's heart?

Actually, if it were surrounded by other similarly brightly colored houses, and in an appropriate area (a beach or tropical area of some sort, maybe) I could sort of see that one working, if not for the little accent bits around the windows and edges...

Scholar
#50 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
Pepto Bismol comes to mind...

Did Barbie become an architect?

Barbie Roberts; Doctor, Scientist, Astronaut, Vet, Architect...

Page 2 of 5