Replies: 528 (Who?), Viewed: 63826 times.
Page 12 of 22
Mad Poster
#276 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 12:53 PM
Surprise mechanics...

The IQ levels of those that reside in EA's mothership just dropped a few points.

And yet the gaming industry as a whole can't understand why they are losing profits. Surprise! These companies are run and owned by dumbasses! The overlords of Wall Street piss me off as much as EA does, but they are the only source that tells things like they are in terms of sales, profits, ect... If I were to listen to likes of people like Grant, Yibs and others, one would never know that EA has been losing money.
Top Secret Researcher
#277 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism
This article is gold:

EA: They’re not loot boxes, they’re “surprise mechanics,” and they’re “quite ethical”

See guys? You're not being swindled. It's just a FUN SURPRISE! :D


Reminds me of when Survivor's alliances tried to get rebranded as 'trust clusters' and the fanbase reacted... poorly.
Mad Poster
#278 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 1:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism
This article is gold:

EA: They’re not loot boxes, they’re “surprise mechanics,” and they’re “quite ethical”

See guys? You're not being swindled. It's just a FUN SURPRISE! :D



Are you fucking SERIOUS!?

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#279 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 12:26 PM
That gif though, lil bag....

MOAR Shade...

Quote:
Investors don't get Electronic Arts(EA). Despite what we believe are significant and continued deterioration in its fundamentals, the stock has remained flat since our first article. All of EA's recent projects have been massive failures yet investors continue to hope that there will be a successful game sometime in the future. There continue to be massive holes in the bull case, and we believe EA stock is due for another major decline.


Quote:
Anthem is pretty much dead in its current state. Twitch shows that the number of people watching Anthem has declined from over 10k to under 200. 200. That is really just pathetic for a 3 month old AAA release with millions in marketing spend and tons of hype.


Quote:
When we checked twitch, there were only 84 people watching Anthem. To put that in context, that's around half of the number of people watching FIFA 17, a game that is two years old and made pretty much obsolete by FIFA 18 and 19.


Ooof! That's gotta hurt. <----- EA over the fact that 84 people are still talking about Anthem.

Full article: https://seekingalpha.com/article/42...d=mw_quote_news
Mad Poster
#280 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 5:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Surprise mechanics...

The IQ levels of those that reside in EA's mothership just dropped a few points.

And yet the gaming industry as a whole can't understand why they are losing profits. Surprise! These companies are run and owned by dumbasses! The overlords of Wall Street piss me off as much as EA does, but they are the only source that tells things like they are in terms of sales, profits, ect... If I were to listen to likes of people like Grant, Yibs and others, one would never know that EA has been losing money.

Worth addressing how people should follow their principle how you should question everything and think for yourself, despite If you're not apart of the masses that goes one different route path. Listening a corporation that leave a statement defending themselves from bad pointed fingers at them should at least be evaluated with critical thinking and neutral perspective. If you just follow a company words like it's god's that spoken, you will then get lied, manipulated and used in many ways.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#281 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 6:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Worth addressing how people should follow their principle how you should question everything and think for yourself, despite If you're not apart of the masses that goes one different route path.

Well, a person can do that... if they want to be alone and lonely for most of their lives.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#282 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 7:10 PM
Quite true hahah.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#283 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 8:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Ooof! That's gotta hurt. <----- EA over the fact that 84 people are still talking about Anthem.

Full article: https://seekingalpha.com/article/42...d=mw_quote_news


And thus another focus group'd greedy AAA sci-fi looter comes out, then crashes, then burns, and then Warframe, the game with the idiosyncratic art direction and world building which tries so hard not to get your money you actually end up wanting to give it some, gets another boost in population. It's like the groundhog day, only with really dumb corporate suits who never learn their bloody lesson.

And then naturally I find myself thinking about Warframe, and before I know it I'm downloading it again and there goes my life for the next few months. Yay.
Mad Poster
#284 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 2:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Worth addressing how people should follow their principle how you should question everything and think for yourself, despite If you're not apart of the masses that goes one different route path. Listening a corporation that leave a statement defending themselves from bad pointed fingers at them should at least be evaluated with critical thinking and neutral perspective. If you just follow a company words like it's god's that spoken, you will then get lied, manipulated and used in many ways.


Thinking for myself is the biggest of my many character flaws depending on who you ask. I can and do play along to get along, but when it comes to EA, I refuse to do so because once a person agrees, then said person is expected to transform into a yes person and agree with them about everything. Give EA / Maxis a inch, they take a mile.

EA is always defending themselves; they put themselves in that position with the crap they do and spout. There is a serious culture problem within EA itself that has been going on for years where people have a Holier-Than-Thou attitudes and there has been nothing done to change it. I'm surprised they haven't had to widen all the doorways within the EA compound just so fragile, but huge egos can enter a room. To make matters worse, there is plenty of the same kind of thinking that happens with Wall Street. All of them are immortal, untouchable... their shit doesn't stink. In a nutshell, all of this is nothing more than a huge echo chamber where lots of people spend a lot time bullshitting each other. It's the consumer that gets swept up in all of this BS and ultimately ends up paying the price for it with actual money and in other ways such as shoddy customer service.

I don't need to pay money to be treated this way. I can walk into my local grocery store on a Saturday afternoon and have a group of high school kids look down their noses at me while they are cashiering or bagging groceries because they are all that; or so they think. Just to see if they really mean what they're projecting, I will look one of them in the eye and ask them how they are. Because these kids spend most of their time hiding behind their phones, they don't know what to do when somebody makes eye contact with them, so they get all twitchy and awkward about somebody asking how they are. I won't cut them any slack and will wait for a answer. I get one, but it's usually not directed at me. It is either to somebody else or some invisible thing that suddenly appeared out of nowhere in the general area.

If people want to play stupid games, that's fine. I'm going to play by my rules though, not theirs.
Mad Poster
#285 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 7:44 AM
Since there are those of us that are willing to call a ace a ace and a spade a spade, this post is going to offend those that claim not to be into negativity. It is not me being the Negative Nancy, it is a employee and none other than CEO Andrew Wilson of EA.

Let's start with Andrew Wilson who is once again blaming customers for EA's problems. Anthem was a flop because people wanted a good game; pffft...how dare they!

Quote:
EA CEO Andrew Wilson either doesn't get or won't admit why Anthem really failed in a recent interview. How about instead of saying "players expected this and that", start talking about how "we botched the execution here and took a misstep there."


https://twitter.com/YongYea/status/1142438840776327173

Second talking point is not new. It has to do with the whole loot boxes are surprise mechanics SNAFU that has come from EA recently. Watch the video, specifically Kerry Hopkins body language and tell me that she really believes the bullshit that she spouted.

https://twitter.com/YongYea/status/1142059698159419394

There are no surprise mechanics here, this is how EA rolls. We have a saying in my little part of the world that goes along the lines of "Crap rolls downhill". It applies here and how EA's employees think and treat the very people that keep them in their jobs.
Alchemist
#286 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 8:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Since there are those of us that are willing to call a ace a ace and a spade a spade, this post is going to offend those that claim not to be into negativity.


Many of us are aware of many of the problems but we are not spending countless hours of our lives bashing EA and 4 nonstop. We want to spend time doing things we enjoy. We can move on.
Mad Poster
#287 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 8:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
Many of us are aware of many of the problems but we are not spending countless hours of our lives bashing EA and 4 nonstop. We want to spend time doing things we enjoy. We can move on.


You say you can move on, so why are you participating in thread called 'why is ea so bad tho?" Certainly your game is much more interesting than reading about Andrew Wilson wagging his finger at customers...
Top Secret Researcher
#288 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 8:49 PM
I am now visualizing Andrew Wilson as Alicia Calaway from Survivor: Australian Outback, who promised she would always wave a finger in your face.
Mad Poster
#289 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusannaG
I am now visualizing Andrew Wilson as Alicia Calaway from Survivor: Australian Outback, who promised she would always wave a finger in your face.


I have no idea who that is, but if you've ever read interviews with him, the words he uses would imply that he goes around tut-tutting at people when the chance presents himself. There is something seriously wrong with EA's board of directors as they insist on keeping him around.
Mad Poster
#290 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 2:13 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 25th Jun 2019 at 2:52 PM.
Just out of the giggles and shits, I was feeling a bit "troll teh forums" and Playful mood, so....

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#291 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 2:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Just out of the giggles and shits, I was feeling a bit "troll teh forums" and Playful mood, so....


The OF is considered a 'safe space' coughs and the only time sarcasm is allowed is when it is directed towards other versions of sims. It is rare that Maxis and or EA own anything. I can't say that it never happens after the whole pedo ordeal, but if that never bubbled to the surface, there would have never been a confession on their part.

There is nothing in the US Constitution that states that sarcasm is forbidden, EA is however into always trying to control thought and speech.
Mad Poster
#292 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 2:50 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 25th Jun 2019 at 3:05 PM.
Then for her response I asked "What rule did I break? Being sarcastic?", in which replied two rule hightlights of "Be rude" (that escalated quickly) and "Keep it on topic". Arguing over first one is an endless fight and doesn't come as suprised (not that I fully agree with though), but for latter it can easily be counter "It's a single derailed comment - If mine need to be erased, so do all from other people".

Oh and I love how the moderator choose to change the reality, that sarcasm was never the issue despite coming from her lips moments earlier after I asked to expand on it. "lol, I changed my mind - that's no longer the reason why I find it offensive". Let's leap from sarcasm (aside from empathic sarcasm, from the looks my statement wasn't debunked as false) to you being rude (unless (s)he associate those the two minor offense as synonyms, I'd say its debatable answer) and going off-topic. Why not made it straight to the point by comforting I was rude and shitposting. Ah, but a point must be made for the non-existing offense I did she proclaim as initial one.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#293 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 3:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Then for her response I asked "What rule did I break? Being sarcastic?", in which replied two rule hightlights of "Be rude" (that escalated quickly) and "Keep it on topic". Arguing over first one is an endless fight and doesn't come as suprised (not that I fully agree with though), but for latter it can easily be counter "It's a single derailed comment - If mine need to be erased, so do all from other people".

Oh and I love how the moderator choose to change the reality, that sarcasm was never the issue despite coming from her lips moments earlier after I asked to expand on it. "lol, I changed my mind - that's no longer the reason why I find it offensive". Let's leap from sarcasm to you being rude (unless (s)he associate those two minor offense as synonyms, then I would be up for debate) and going off-topic. Why not made it straight to the point by comforting I was rude and shitposting.


The forum mods apparently have several time bans. Did you get told for how long? I've had bans for 24hours and one week but now welcome on the OF again. I suppose there must be banned forever message?
Mad Poster
#294 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 3:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Then for her response I asked "What rule did I break? Being sarcastic?", in which replied two rule hightlights of "Be rude" (that escalated quickly) and "Keep it on topic". Arguing over first one is an endless fight and doesn't come as suprised (not that I fully agree with though), but for latter it can easily be counter "It's a single derailed comment - If mine need to be erased, so do all from other people".

Oh and I love how the moderator choose to change the reality, that sarcasm was never the issue despite coming from her lips moments earlier after I asked to expand on it. "lol, I changed my mind - that's no longer the reason why I find it offensive". Let's leap from sarcasm (aside from empathic sarcasm, from the looks my statement wasn't debunked as false) to you being rude (unless (s)he associate those the two minor offense as synonyms, I'd say its debatable answer) and going off-topic. Why not made it straight to the point by comforting I was rude and shitposting. Ah, but a point must be made for the non-existing offense I did she proclaim as initial one.


I don't know what to tell you. EA's 'pets' and 'favorites' will always be exempt from certain rules. I find it amusing how they talk about people being rude when Andrew Wilson refers to groups of people as "vectors". I digress.

If you're going to post over there, you have to play their rules unless you become a pet or learn to be crafty with how you say things. Learn to speak their language which is saying things without saying trigger words. Be careful if you choose the later and only use it when appropriate.
Mad Poster
#295 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 3:46 PM
Not sure I would go about that, since sarcasm (being my specialty in criticizing absurd game faults) is not permitted. I don't think I heavily engage in the forum, if at all because
1)For the circumstance and many like this that just happened.
2)The green font there makes be sick/barf a bit. Too glaring/repellent too look at (color psychology thing? Though The Sims is the reason why I like lime color)... I wish modern greyish color or blue as TS1/2/3 ui (though wouldn't make sense) was the color chosen as the forum's design cover. Actually, I have set it to white, so I guess the social atmosphere/mood that turns me off there? Then again, on mts I'm using Bootstrap - slate style for who knowns reason.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#296 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 7:15 PM
They milk their franchises till dry and only care about making money(IK all companies want money but some like Nintendo also care about their fans)
Instructor
#297 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 7:29 PM
What kills me about that is how they're quicker to censor people for bringing it up than to actually answer....yknow, why are disabilities a taboo subject?

Like honestly it's so easy to defuse. Tell people you won't be including them because of the amount of effort and animations demanded, allow people to request them all the same in a thread where the first post is "disclaimer we won't include them unless the Pope himself demands it" and voila. People can discuss it, no one feels censored or discriminated against, and they don't have this bad reputation for the decently-strong-evidence that they have something against the disabled.

Instead they're like "yknow what we should do? Ban another person for talking about disabilities." Genius solution.
Mad Poster
#298 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 11:24 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 28th Jun 2019 at 3:56 PM.
Default language
EA: Who needs respect amirite? We take money, but If you're hadicapped please keep it. You people disgust us. Grow a limb, stand up or don't be stupid.

I mean, that's the message they're sending. Beyond awful and more.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#299 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyPurpleB
but some like Nintendo also care about their fans

They do, and they're also just smart about how they handle their IPs. They stick to what they know best. EA on the other hand is perfectly fine with covering up holes on a sinking ship and wondering why it's still sinking, if you know what I mean.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Instructor
#300 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 9:33 AM
As if you didn't know already. EA is now on the far left. VERY far. Pandering to SJWs and doing their bidding. Censoring free speech and silencing anyone that looks at them funny. All for the cause of identity politics and the almighty dollar.
But worry not. A few U.S. senators are recognizing the problem and are actually going to do something about it and it won't be just EA. it will also be YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Rotten Tomatoes, and any other tech giant companies where these practices are going on. Because of these practices, Quality has dropped significantly in just about every company that went to the radical left. Knee bending to these fringe groups is a very bad business model. Especially when the group you're trying to please cares nothing for your product and are using them for the attention. It's the equivalent of Saudi Arabia catering to ISIS or Al-Queada (forgive if misspelled.). Time and time again, anyone that invests with these fringe groups will always lose money. Always. Disney. Another great example of SJW pandering and look where that got them.
So I will end with this. If you get woke. you go broke. Every time.
Page 12 of 22
Back to top