Replies: 526 (Who?), Viewed: 63682 times.
Page 13 of 22
Mad Poster
#301 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 9:15 PM
You have no clue, EA? Embrace your moral compass...oh wait. You don't have any morals.

EA Struggles With The Perception That They're Bad Guys... Seriously?

And of course, more chatter about the ethical and fun loot boxes surprise mechanics.

Following EA's Disastrous "Surprise Mechanics" Response, UK Parliament Continues Loot Box Scrutiny
Scholar
#302 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 12:07 PM
Mad Poster
#303 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 3:44 PM
So you're a tough guy. Like it really rough guy. Just can't get enough guy. Chest always so puffed guy. I'm that bad type. Make your mama sad type. Make your girlfriend mad tight. Might seduce your dad type... I'm the bad guy, duh.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

As for EA dumbfoundness, it's like the opportunity that pops up "Convince Logic is Great to EA". Though I wish to save that one if Grant decided to open his mouth on things he shouldn't speak up.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Smeg Head
#304 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 4:26 PM
If I was a greedy EA exec, I'd be damn pissed at people thinking I'm a bad guy.

Like a serial killer yearns to be caught (Or so all them movies keep saying) so they can finally clarify and justify to the world why they do it.

I'm not a bad guy. I'm the Devil incarnate. Fucking timid-ass bad guy is an understatement that I simply have to object to. Openly protest. We're not bad guys! Now you know.

EA Originals is.. what? Give it time... Breaking you up, selling you off, then throw your burnt husk in a river.

What next?

Drug Dealer Originals. We're good to you at first. Don't even take your money. Willing to listen to your issues and help you get over them. (Chemically) We're Angels incarnate. Total good guys. Give it time... Breaking you up, selling you off, then throw your burnt husk in a river.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Instructor
#305 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 7:48 PM
EA Stock is taking significant hits....again.

Think I've said this before but: EA is dying, they just don't know it yet. They haven't had a good release since 2016. They've completely forgotten how to make a game and it's slooooowly killing them. It'll take a while since lord knows they've got money to burn, but we're nearing 4 years of failure with the years before that not being too swell either. (Sims 4, Simcity, etc)
Test Subject
#306 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 8:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspear1
If I was a greedy EA exec, I'd be damn pissed at people thinking I'm a bad guy.

Like a serial killer yearns to be caught (Or so all them movies keep saying) so they can finally clarify and justify to the world why they do it.

I'm not a bad guy. I'm the Devil incarnate. Fucking timid-ass bad guy is an understatement that I simply have to object to. Openly protest. We're not bad guys! Now you know.

EA Originals is.. what? Give it time... Breaking you up, selling you off, then throw your burnt husk in a river.

What next?

Drug Dealer Originals. We're good to you at first. Don't even take your money. Willing to listen to your issues and help you get over them. (Chemically) We're Angels incarnate. Total good guys. Give it time... Breaking you up, selling you off, then throw your burnt husk in a river.

If ever wake up one morning and decide to start a punk rock band, I'm hiring you to write our lyrics.
Scholar
#307 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism

Think I've said this before but: EA is dying, they just don't know it yet. They haven't had a good release since 2016. They've completely forgotten how to make a game and it's slooooowly killing them. It'll take a while since lord knows they've got money to burn, but we're nearing 4 years of failure with the years before that not being too swell either. (Sims 4, Simcity, etc)

I suppose that rapid retirement some three levels of upper staff, and hiring random toddlers (they at last will make less mess)* would clear the air and allow medium management staff do theirs work without constant idiotic enlightening from EA's Ivory Tower because of "market researching" nonsense.
It would be financially beneficial too. See how much the Company would save just from dropping the Android Wilson et consortes.

*even 20 dirty diapers in one conference room won't poison the company's atmosphere that bad as few brilliant CO's of whatever.

Fox-Lambert (A)RL
hiatus 'till the life run again in the normal-abnormal way
favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#308 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 4:07 AM
Former EA CEO Peter Moore wasn't any better. He liked to pull excuses out of his butt just as much as Android Wilson. Since EA's board members are responsible for choosing a CEO and I have yet to see any noise coming from that direction, I guess 'the board' is happy about what Android is doing; at least for now.
Scholar
#309 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 6:16 AM
The point is - it's alwaysthe same with such big corporations, we've seen this before - they're too big to be managed effectively, they become rotting corpses filled with higher staff of corporate zombies. It's either shoot in the head and chop into smaller, manageable pieces, or just burn to the ground.

Smell will be ugly anyway.

Fox-Lambert (A)RL
hiatus 'till the life run again in the normal-abnormal way
favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#310 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 2:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism

Okay, enough with my rude and patrotizing (hopefully not mistaken with patriotic term) memes. I shouldn't belittle one of the down-to-earth executives that expressed confusing why ppl think they're sinister. I was very close minded and really lacked the perception of their wholesome ethics by blindly following and believing the unproven idea that masses were saying. You're a wrong! Those who say suprise mechanics (no, I'm not talking about loot boxes as they're mildly two different things) are gambling and mechanics that pray on addicts, you're wrong. Don't you see? They're like kinder eggs. They're were my childhood, and AFAIK none of my friends nor I became gamblers because of them. On a side note just because they have the same audio and visual effects like slot machines, that doesn't mean they have gambling. Why would even make such accusations from pure unbacked assumptions? EA, a company that puts customers/first before investors, wouldn't put such thing in games rated for minors intentionally... as well be careful not to put accidentally, because children matter to them just as much to us. If you feel being ripped by this mechanic, perhaps ppl like you just don't know how to play the game or been binge playing far too much.

Field Researcher
#311 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 4:45 PM
I am pressing F to pay respects to SneakyWingPhoenix, who apparently has been taken over by the body snatchers.

/s just in case
Mad Poster
#312 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 7:07 PM
A message to all all EA haters out there: If you don't like the company or the people working on it, than why not start your own one? Yeah, right - see how it isn't easy to be all loving and please everyone.

And you know what? I want to have my "YOU RULE!" moment right now. Let's turn this hateful towards corporation thread into a PARTY!

Mad Poster
#313 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 7:59 PM
EA's Scummy FIFA Gambling Leads to Kids Emptying Parents' Bank Account... SURPRISE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5z...channel=YongYea

Gee, didn't see this coming.
Mad Poster
#314 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 9:21 PM
Nintendo refunding... they're the ones that are bad.

Field Researcher
#315 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 3:45 PM
Andrew Wilson has sold off his stock at least three times the last time I looked in the past year. It's how companies make a company look better. The other top investor or holder of a lot of shares has sold hers off at least twice. If anyone remember how to play Railroad Tycoon it's easy to understand why they are selling off stock.
Top Secret Researcher
#316 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 9:42 PM
Railroad Tycoon - now that was a great game.
Mad Poster
#317 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 11:18 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 16th Jul 2019 at 11:30 PM.
Railroad Tycoon was cool. I played the second and third ones a bunch, though nowhere near as much as Chris Sawyer's Locomotion. That one didn't have the complexity of the Railroad Tycoon series but Sid Meier's Railroads did, though the art style kinda sucked. I don't think there's been a transport management sim since Railroad Tycoon that balanced building networks with managing finances, but in my experience Transport Fever excels at the former. Transport Fever is great if you're bored and want to lay a whole bunch of track and watch the trains drive by. It's like a beautiful hybrid between the transport games of old and a screensaver. It doesn't have stocks or patents or AI competitors or an economy, but it has a very good engine, a sizeable Steam Workshop and above average graphics.

And there's a part 2 coming out later this year, which is looking absolutely fantastic. They're not in bed with any major publishers whatsoever, they don't do DLC or unnecessary extra features that nobody asked for, their games have never been more than €30 and they're big buddies with the modding community. Absolutely fantastic dev that wholly deserves to have a hit like Cities Skylines. You can tell it has that potential, because there's a bunch of people on YouTube who spend quite a lot of time painstakingly recreating certain regions in the game, using an enormously convoluted collection of mods.

Anyway - that's a bunch of off-topic garbage. Yes, I have a hobby of building transport networks the size of a small country inside my computer. But I also play The Sims so how surprising is that, really?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#318 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 11:50 AM
The following is not EA specific, but since they opened their mouths and are trying to shift the conversation about how loot boxes are 'surprise mechanics', they are referenced often.

UK Parents Denounce Predatory Games That Manipulated Kids Into Spending Thousands
Instructor
#319 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 2:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
The following is not EA specific, but since they opened their mouths and are trying to shift the conversation about how loot boxes are 'surprise mechanics', they are referenced often.

UK Parents Denounce Predatory Games That Manipulated Kids Into Spending Thousands

Every time I buy a game or DLC I enter my card details anew and delete them after. I'm paranoid about anyone using my Origin or Steam accounts for their own use. That's the only way I can think of for parents to protect themselves.

We do, urgently, need new laws to catch up with these games companies. That EA rep. in the video had extreme circles round her eyes, maybe she had had a few sleepless nights trying to think up a defence for loot boxes.

Maybe they all should be classed as gambling. I remember reading in a book once, that donkeys' years ago in the UK persons under the legal age (and that used to be 21 in those days) were not responsible for paying gambling losses. Then the gaming companies would have to fight their corner and a good compromise be reached by all.
Mad Poster
#320 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 5:55 PM
I'm glad we don't use credit cards here. That shit's dangerous.

On the topic of "surprise mechanics".....that's some alternate facts shit. Why not call rape "surprise sex", then? Really takes the edge off.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#321 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 12:31 PM
Minnows, Dolphins and Whales, Oh My!

The following video is not EA specific, but the information should be considered with any gaming company AAA or not and how they get people to spend more. As for how this applies to Sims specifically, not including Sims Mobile which is full of microtransactions and loot boxes, the regular Sims games falls to the bottom of the list of 'whaling' as developers have to depend on DLC. I'm stating the obvious here, but there are other things gaming companies do to keep people buying that DLC.

CEO Keynote On Tricking Players Into Mass Spending Highlights Deplorable Truth of Microtransactions

The more you know....
Mad Poster
#322 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 1:07 PM
Quote:

Fortnite Isn’t the Only Thing Killing EA Stock
It's time to stop blaming Fortnite; Electronic Arts has plenty of its own self-induced problems

Revenue Strategy Isn’t Working

EA has long used the slogan “challenge everything” on the loading screens of its games. Last year, fed up with EA, some internet users rebranded that slogan as “charge for everything.” Yet, despite the large quantity of paid downloadable content (DLC) and extras along with the highly controversial loot boxes, EA’s sales have stalled out.

In 2015, EA generated $4.5 billion in revenue. In fiscal year 2019, it brought in $4.9 billion. That’s just 10% revenue growth over the past four years despite the company going all-in on DLC and recurring revenue-based income streams.

https://investorplace.com/2019/07/f...d=mw_quote_news

I'm not debating what is said in this article as it's true, but what other games aside from sims has EA used "Challenge is everything" slogan for? As far as sims goes, they stopped using that after TS2.
Mad Poster
#323 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 1:28 PM
I thought it was 'challenge everything' (I had a few of the Harry Potter games on ps2 that I played a lot when I was younger (dah master in Quidditch, No one managed to beat be, not that I played with a lot of people but still :-p), so the 'challenge everything' whisper kind of got permanently stuck to the same part of my brain that remembers ad jingles and songs I don't like...). Can't remembers an 'is' but it might have faded into the rest.
Mad Poster
#324 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 3:12 PM
Challenge Everything was their general slogan or motto. It was cut after a while.

What’s bad about them generating that amount of money is that they’re going to keep asking for more and more. The same people can only keep giving that amount away for so long.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#325 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 8:40 PM
Duh, duh, duh... now the gaming industry is targeting 'super whales'; simply being a whale is no longer enough. I have to wonder how many names gaming companies can spit out before people get sick and tired of this and take their money elsewhere. I don't understand this concept of shelling out wads of cash to multi-billion dollar companies to be continuously insulted, seriously.

The Exploitative Push For Social Networking In Games

Android Wilson can STFU about how I want games that have to run through the likes of Twitter and Facebook. I play my game to get away from people. If I want people to talk to while playing, I can pick up the phone or invite people over.
Page 13 of 22