Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Helptato
#276 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 6:41 AM
You vant it now?
Are you a vampire?

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#277 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 6:47 AM
Just a small starter house over-looking the beach

ELOOOOOOO x) http://nintendorkhome.forumotion.net/index.htm
My website.Please register!Off-topic talking on my website!

I'm back G's! "One More Time G" "AND I'M SOOOOO ANXIOUS"

............ xD
Mad Poster
#278 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 4:47 PM
This is my last one :
Screenshots
Theorist
#279 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 4:57 PM
Typical
#280 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Guardgian
This is my last one :

0.o Niiice!
Helptato
#281 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 9:42 PM
Wow!
That's fantastic!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Mad Poster
#282 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 1:08 PM Last edited by Guardgian : 23rd Aug 2009 at 4:48 PM.
Thanks to you all It is posted on SapphireSims2.

And here is my very last one for TS3 posted here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=365789
In the Arena
retired moderator
#283 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 11:44 AM
Default Hello builders
Hellooo... just joined this group..

I'm kinda of a multi-project builder. Ran out of ideas on how to occupy my 6x6 lot so I started on this one this week. It has a custom roof using tiles cos I wanted to match with the original based on a houseplan.com pic.

I just realized how borked CFE is when the 1/2/3-click high walls will deform my lot floor when I placed stairs. And when I placed flooring, the stairs refuse to be placed. I think this must be why certain stairs refused to be built when I use click mode instead of stairs to lower/raise terrain.

I'm still looking for custom content to use in this house, but have had no luck with windows so I might try meshing one to fit in the wall slot from the bottom...which might take a looong time to finish (never mod/meshed before).
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#284 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 1:42 PM Last edited by bluetexasbonnie : 5th Sep 2009 at 2:10 PM.
Edit -- The below is Sims2 lore. No idea about Sims3, which when I look carefully at your pics is what I think you are building in.

Windows are not terribly difficult, but they are not a good choice for your first project. Make few simple objects -- tables, statues, chairs, columns first. Then make a few of those repository. When all that starts to make sense, you are ready to do windows.

I've been making a lot of windows lately (maybe I'll have some pics to share in a few days).

Some things to know about windows ....
1. Definitely use MaryLou's templates, otherwise your windows are unlikely to let in light.
2. Windows are made in two halves. (North=Outside, South=Inside -- actually it doesn't matter. Just be consistent.)
3. Walls stick out 0.15 units from the center line. Make sure your frame will completely cover its side of the gap.
4. The normal alignment on meshes has them offset 0.15 from z-centerline. I always forget which one is -0.15 & which is 0.15 -- look at the initial package mesh.
5. With the above in mind, I find it easier to make the north & south meshes lined up on z=zero, so they look like they will in game. When the mesh is complete, move off center as the very last step. Too hard to see what you are doing and how it will look if you try to build the mesh offset from the beginning.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#285 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 2:09 PM
Thanks for the tips, bluetexasbonnie, I'll keep those in mind.
I'm just starting with simple shapes like boxes (via tuts found on the Netz) and the aviator glasses tut by Wes.

Also evaluating both Milkshape and Blender to find out which I work on better (or rather which I can understand more, hee)

Which do you guys use? Or is that discussed in other threads...? <** going hunting for posts **>
Top Secret Researcher
#286 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 2:17 PM
Ella -- I use Milkshape. I know that lots of people use Blender ... and lots of people use Milkshape. Don't know which is most 'common'.

There are more object tutorials written with Milkshape as the basis -- or at least there were when I started a few years ago. Don't know if there are more Blender tutes out there now or not. Since I had never done any 3-D modeling before, I chose to go with the program that I could get absolute step-by-step Sims tutorials for statring out with.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Typical
#287 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 5:34 PM
Also, if you're wanting to mesh for ts3, you need milkshape and the plugins.
Top Secret Researcher
#288 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 6:50 PM
I'm working on a very Sci-Fi kind of set. I'm really a builder at heart. I only make things because I want them for a lot and can't find what I want. This series makes spherical looking rooms/buildings. Still have a lot to do before the set is complete enough to be actually useable (such as it has to have coordinating working doors!). I'm hoping to finish before Christmas.
Screenshots

Typical
#289 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 6:52 PM
0.o, that's coming along nicely!
Instructor
#290 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 3:30 AM Last edited by Sookielee : 17th Sep 2009 at 8:50 AM. Reason: add info on pics
I am currently working on a family size version of myAscuns Bunker . I am trying to figure out a good way to disguise it. I found out that the rocks look goofy over a 3/2 house. No pics yet, but I'll post some when I can get it looking at least decent. I have the layout done though.

EDIT: I posted some preliminary screenshots in the Creator Feedback Forum under Family Sized Bunker if your interested and would like to help me get this lot right.
Scholar
#291 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
I'm working on a very Sci-Fi kind of set. I'm really a builder at heart. I only make things because I want them for a lot and can't find what I want. This series makes spherical looking rooms/buildings. Still have a lot to do before the set is complete enough to be actually useable (such as it has to have coordinating working doors!). I'm hoping to finish before Christmas.

Wow... we're so intense, I didn't realize everyone spent so much time on their lots. That looks professional!

Nothing right now, I need a break — take a look at my houses — nineteen in less than three weeks? (You do the math; that's about one a day.)
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 5:31 AM
My opera house is BACK !!!
Mad Poster
#293 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie

WOW BlueTexasBonnie this lots looks amazing ! I can't wait to see it finished. Whenever it'll happen I will download it immediately !

By the way this is my last lot created for hallowen. It is called the Tower of Tears :
Screenshots
Typical
#294 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 12:18 PM
Lab Assistant
#295 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Guardgian
WOW BlueTexasBonnie this lots looks amazing ! I can't wait to see it finished. Whenever it'll happen I will download it immediately !

By the way this is my last lot created for hallowen. It is called the Tower of Tears :

I thought it said. Tower of texas. I was like what and then aah and then like uhu nice tower.

Call me v, v_ware.

Owner of Hause Of GaGa Group
It's Lady GaGa's World... We're just living in it!

Mad Poster
#296 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 7:33 AM
WOW, Lew I love the outside and the vibe of your house ! Keep up the great work !
Typical
#297 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 10:27 AM
Hey, thanks! I've finished it now and hope to get started on Westwing Way #3
Lab Assistant
#298 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 1:58 PM
Hii, long time no see folks

after months of non active sims gaming, i dicided to build another ship, the SS maelstrum, here she is, isnt she a beauty,

All of the walls are custom papers hope you like it

It is finishet tomorrow i think, one floor is done, and i sitll have alot of rooms to do
Alchemist
#299 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 2:26 PM
wow !jolien!, that is amaaaaazing !!! very nice simple but effective design.

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Typical
#300 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 2:57 PM
Wow, Jolien! That's great! I wish I could be bothered to do that, even if I could, I would fail!

Page 12 of 15