Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 4:53 PM Last edited by Aodra : 17th Mar 2015 at 4:10 PM. Reason: Just small tweaks & new things I discovered.
The Whim-sical Challenge
This challenge is more about letting go than having control, which some find more challenging than ruling your Sim with an iron fist. You will assist your Sim with their life, but not interfere too much. You must meet your own goals by manipulating emotions to get your Sim to wish for what you want them to do. It's tricky & I find it fun, so I thought I'd share. This is how I normally play, but with rules & a goal of at least 7 generations (more if you enjoy it, less if you get bored). The main goal is to complete as many aspirations as possible with each generation. I'm not setting a real number because you never know; sometimes Sims resist you & wish for stupid things... repeatedly. You fail if your heir dies without completing any aspirations or you interfere in a life-changing event (getting engaged without a whim or an aspiration goal to do so, etc).

This is actually based on a 'Wishacy' for Sims 3 called 'All My Wishes' by Buckeygirl80. I haven't seen anything like it here, so I figured I'd share my version for Sims 4. It's still in the making since I'm unsure which things are autonomous & what wishes are possible, so I will probably be updating as challenges/solutions arise.

Goal: Complete as many aspirations as possible in each generation (I try for a minimum of 3). Try not to repeat aspirations; I know this gets harder as the generations increase, but definitely don't make each gen the same (though what fun would that be?)

Rules/Regulations:

Start with a YA of either gender, though females are easier when it comes to producing heirs. If you have a male heir & they don't wish to marry, you can certainly try for baby with your romantic partner & move the child in via household management. Or you could adopt.

You must have full autonomy on.

No cheats! Though to start you can use freerealestate to get a house, if you want. After all, you'll need to afford it after the fact, which could be tough.

You can choose your lifespan (I like to play on long so I don't feel rushed).

You only control your heir; however, you can fulfill whims of other household members if your heir is at work/sleeping.

Speaking of heirs, I'm unsure if Sims in Sims 4 ever wish to have a baby; mine haven't yet. So, if you're feeling pressed for time & your Sim wishes to woohoo with a *specific* sim (usually your romantic partner) then you can try for baby instead. In fact, anytime they wish to woohoo with a specific Sim you can try for baby, if you want. You decide on that one. (Edit: My Sim recently wished to try for baby with her new hubby, so they do wish for it now & then. However, I believe it only happens after marriage so I'll leave the option open in case your Sim never wishes for marriage).

Sims are not smart when it comes to baby care so go ahead & take care of babies as needed. They can't fend for themselves, after all.

Children's aspirations come after your main Sims'. If you haven't completed any aspirations before having children, concentrate on your own. If you have, feel free to complete your heir's childhood aspiration.

You cannot cancel whims but you can pin them (once pinned you cannot unpin them) & you can use objects/potions to manipulate your Sims' emotions; though if you want a higher level of difficulty you can choose not to use them.

You can certainly use satisfaction points for any rewards you want & after completing an aspiration you have 24 hours to control your Sim (if you wish to).

You can use autonomy mods. In fact, use any mods you want as long as you're not actively interfering in your Sims' life. (One of my faves is 'Autonomous Repairs'. Life is much easier.)

The main thing is that you're fulfilling whims/aspirations, so you can use both. In fact, aspiration goals should come first. So feel free to get creative with your options to meet your own goals along with your Sims'. For example, you feel like you need your Sim to produce an heir, but he/she hasn't met 'the one' yet. He/she has a wish to play an instrument. Well... there happens to be instruments at many venues around town, you could certainly send them somewhere public to fulfill their wish!

Decorating/changing looks is fine as long as your Sim has the money. Moving & renovating are the same. I try not to buy things unless my Sim wishes for it (like a stereo or tv) but sometimes you just need to spend money. Use your best judgment. If your Sim is constantly tired & you want a coffee pot, buy one. If you want to change emotions without resorting to potions, get a teapot.

You can cancel actions (like practice on an instrument) for needs if they are orange. If needs are orange you can press the button to make your Sim que up the appropriate action. If you are at a venue you cannot send your Sim home unless they are having wishes you can only fulfill at home: buy a fridge while inspired, be alone, cook, etc. Again, you can be creative with this, but not overly so. If they want to curl up on a bench, it's not your job to judge (though you will... just a little). Though there will be plenty of times when you cannot fulfill a need at a venue, then it's time to head home.

No using the Hand of God. Ever. In fact, unless your Sim has a whim to clean, you must let it sit until your Sim decides to clean it. However, please do pay your bills in whichever fashion you want.

If you craft objects you cannot sell them unless your Sim wishes to, or selling is part of your aspiration.

You cannot get a job unless your Sim has a whim to do so. You can't even tell your Sim to get dressed before answering the door... You get the idea. Just don't interfere unless your Sim is wanting something.

I know that emotional whims change & if you que up an action & your Sim is being moody, that's fine. No need to cancel the action if you don't want to. Sometimes you get that one whim you've been waiting *days* for, que it up only for it to vanish as soon as your Sim starts walking. I know how it goes; just pretend like they still want that instead of cancelling the action.

As for social things, if you have someone knocking on your door or a friend calls & wants to hang out it's your choice whether to say ok or not. I only invite Sims in if my Sim has a social wish (which can be excruciating at times when they won't wish to be social & it's a Sim I want them to interact with). Also, when your Sim is romantically involved, feel free to invite your romantic interest to stay the night if you want. This is one interaction that is free reign & really helps build your romances.

Finally, if need be you can switch aspirations any time you please. If your Sim is getting older & they have no romantic partner, no heir on the horizon & you want to switch to a romantic or family-oriented aspiration, go ahead. Though having that 24 hours after completing an aspiration should help with those issues, I know that things don't necessarily go as planned.

Just use your best judgment. If it feels like cheating, don't do it. It'll be so much more rewarding & fun if you stick to the rules to get to your final goal.

Feel free to ask questions & post problems you're facing with this. I'm curious to see the outcome of different paths our Sims take.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 6:30 PM
My Sim is Aislinn Fitzgerald, currently a painter with the Painter Extrordinaire aspiration, is dating Mitchell Kalani & has no plans on asking for more (as far as I can tell). She's creative, perfectionist & a loner. (And enjoys standing on her front porch painting in her underwear... And entertaining guests in her underwear. In fact, she never seems to want to get dressed. I feel embarrassed for her most of the time. )

Update: She did wish for marriage after their second date. She finished her first aspiration so I began the 'Soulmate' aspiration to further their relationship. I have to say, this one isn't nearly as exciting as a skill-based aspiration, but that's fine. Now I'm praying she wishes for a baby again (& it actually works this time ) but there's plenty of time. I'm just impatient.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 4:26 PM Last edited by Aodra : 17th Mar 2015 at 4:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Aodra
My Sim is Aislinn Fitzgerald, currently a painter with the Painter Extrordinaire aspiration, is dating Mitchell Kalani & has no plans on asking for more (as far as I can tell). She's creative, perfectionist & a loner. (And enjoys standing on her front porch painting in her underwear... And entertaining guests in her underwear. In fact, she never seems to want to get dressed. I feel embarrassed for her most of the time. )

She did wish for marriage after their second date. She finished her first aspiration so I began the 'Soulmate' aspiration to further their relationship. I have to say, this one isn't nearly as exciting as a skill-based aspiration, but that's fine. Now I'm praying she wishes for a baby again (& it actually works this time ) but there's plenty of time. I'm just impatient.

Aislinn finished her Soulmate aspiration & so I started her on the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration (I like to try & accrue as much money as I can in case I get an heir that never wants to work). And there is an heir on the way! They both wished to try for baby at the same time; I guess it was fate. Thank goodness! They had both aged up & I was getting a little nervous.

Update: I think my Sim is baby crazy at this point. They have 2 baby girls (Camila & Precious) and Aislinn wants more. Every second wish is to try for a baby... I'm saying no at this point, two screaming babies in the house is enough & they have limited space. Good to know that even if you don't get an heir the first time, there's no rush. Otherwise things are interesting. Aislinn has a thing for this random guy named Clifford; no idea how they met but she loves to flirt with him... And Mitchell is developing a romance with Alice Spencer-Kim. Go figure.