Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 3:02 PM Last edited by Softlism : 25th Oct 2021 at 3:16 PM.
Default Aroundthesims2 mahjong table
I understood from the in-game description of the custom objects that it's needed to make their custom board games (with invisible tables) work properly, but I cannot find it on their site. After all, when I place it on the Maxis mahjong one, some buggy things happen when I let the Sims play the game.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 5:38 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Oct 2021 at 1:48 AM.
http://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/obj...dvent_2015.html
You need all the files in the zip folder for each game you want, I think.

I think the 3 "mahjongtile" files make the tiles on the board and the tiles the sims play with invisible. Haven't tried these myself, but assuming this since there isn't anything written on ATS to suggest otherwise. I think you're supposed to put the game boards on top of the existing mahjong table. If so, these probably make the original mahjong game invisible.

There's no description on their site, unfortunately. I've looked.

You don't get any additional play with these - the animations will still be the same as the mahjong table.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 8:22 PM
@simmer22 I've downloaded those board games, but I have to double-check if I've got all the games of them. The instructions are written in the object description tooltips, but I wasn't sure whether I should put them on top of some modded default mahjong table by ATS, or the Maxis one.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 1:59 AM
You don't need all the games, but you need all the files in the zip file for the games you want to download. Three of the files are identical for all the games (the "mahjongtile" files). There's 5 games in all.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 4:15 AM
You don't need a Mahjong table at all. Use moveobjects on to put the board on a regular dining table.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You don't need a Mahjong table at all. Use moveobjects on to put the board on a regular dining table.

yes exactly, and snap the chairs in their slots around the board game before placing the table under it
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 8:17 PM
^ Haven't tried it, and the game boards look like they're on floor level in the pictures. Tried to look in the files, but could only find resources for the board. Are they just the mahjong table height, but with the table part made invisible? Because that would make a bit more sense from what I could see in the files.

Also, to those who have used them - does the original mahjong table still work fine, or are the accessory pieces invisible?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Oct 2021 at 3:02 PM
They don't affect the mahjong table. If there was glitchiness then it was probably because they were put on the mahjong table and the sims were trying to play mahjong.

Not all the mahjong pieces are invisible on the game boards. I tried to make them all invisible, but could not make one of them work.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Are they just the mahjong table height, but with the table part made invisible? Because that would make a bit more sense from what I could see in the files.

Yes that's exactly what it is, I agree the preview pictures are a bit confusing
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

Thanks, this works! I've replaced the mahjong table with a 1-tile dining table, but I have to move away the chairs first and then put them back to make the custom game work.