Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 5:44 PM
Default Extractions
Quite a few years ago, I created a World from Sims3. The harddrive that all my work was on crashed and burnt. I have found the world posted on 'TheSims3.com' website. Besides downloading the world itself, is there anyway I can extract it back so that I can update and add to the world? Not sure if I have posted this correctly, but could not find another topic to post under. Thank you
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 6:19 PM
All worlds that install through the launcher are saved to the InstalledWorlds folder. Archive that up, and when you need to reinstall place the .world file where your game has been installed, (not the doccie folder). Should look something like this:
local drive: > program files > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > GameData > shared > NonPackaged > worlds

Please not this won't save any cc attached to the world
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 7:07 PM
yeah the burnt hdd does not help... Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 7:20 PM
I would think you could open it in Create a World via this process - http://modthesims.info/t/469942

I would love to see your world, can you give the name of it? Thank you!
Theorist
#6 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 7:22 PM
Yeah you can. You just need to open it up in CAW after you download it

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 7:41 PM
If you mean getting it back to CAW for editing and stuff, I have used this method for world downloads that do not come with CAW files and it works like a treat -> http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469942

edit: oh shoot, didnt see the link being posted already. Either way, it works!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 11:33 PM Last edited by Granny0214 : 28th Jun 2019 at 11:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I would think you could open it in Create a World via this process - http://modthesims.info/t/469942

I would love to see your world, can you give the name of it? Thank you!

Dumsville you can find it on page 500, Sims3.com Exchange Worlds, if you need me to, I think I could upload the downloaded file I have??? Okay, I am 70 years old and sometimes a little dense hahahah
I created this world in 2010

Adding this here..... When I followed the directions given to me I got this error message:
Could not open package:
C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads\Dumsville.Sims3Pack

This file does not contain the expected package identifier in the header.
This could be because it is a protected package (e.g. a Store item), a Sims3Pack or some other random file.

---
Error message:
Expected magic tag 'DBPF'. Found '

Sooooooooo, Is there a way to change a sims3pack to a .pkg???
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Granny0214
Sooooooooo, Is there a way to change a sims3pack to a .pkg???

All of my CC is packages other than some patterns that do not convert. I think it is Multi Installer that is used for the conversions as I recall.

So far I have never not been able to get into CAW for any world, custom. EA. Whatever. If you can provide a link to it in the exchange someone may look at it for you. I do not have 3 installed in this computer yet so cannot do it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
All of my CC is packages other than some patterns that do not convert. I think it is Multi Installer that is used for the conversions as I recall.

So far I have never not been able to get into CAW for any world, custom. EA. Whatever. If you can provide a link to it in the exchange someone may look at it for you. I do not have 3 installed in this computer yet so cannot do it.

https://www.thesims3.com/search/wor...19960&index=500
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 9:55 AM Last edited by Norn : 2nd Jul 2019 at 4:57 PM.
I extracted the world for you and converted it into a .world file. You did have some store item (or bad cc) attached to it which I deleted. Leo5 told you in the second post where this file type needs to go. You can then find the world in the main menu as any other world.

Also made CAW files for it, they are included in the DL. I compiled a guide to help with CAW work for beginners which you can find here.

Unfortunately neither MTS nor simfileshare wants me to upload anything today, so I'll send you a PM with a download link. Please let me know when you downloaded.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
I extracted the world for you .........................

That is soooooooooooo darn nice of you to do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
I extracted the world for you and converted it into a .world file. You did have some store item (or bad cc) attached to it which I deleted. Leo5 told you in the second post where this file type needs to go. You can then find the world in the main menu as any other world.

Also made CAW files for it, they are included in the DL. I compiled a guide to help with CAW work for beginners which you can find here.

Unfortunately neither MTS nor simfileshare wants me to upload anything today, so I'll send you a PM with a download link. Please let me know when you downloaded.

LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!!!!! Now where do I DL it from ? NVM, I found it hahaha
okay just not with it today THANK YOU
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Granny0214
LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!!!!! Now where do I DL it from ? NVM, I found it hahaha
okay just not with it today THANK YOU
I HAVE the files again Thank you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 7:48 PM
I just want to Thank all of you for your help and support I have Dumsville loaded in CAW!!! Thank you so much to Norn, you made my day so much brighter I will keep you all posted after I get the upgrades done. Again, Thanks!!!