Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 3:11 AM
Default 3d studio max 2009 meshing for sims2
can i use 3d studio max to make objects for sims2, or do you have to use milkshape
Advertisement
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 4:10 AM
there are a couple of things out there like wings 3d and blender but i've never heard of that. My guess is it can work you just ahve to figure out how to convert it or w\e
Instructor
#3 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 4:20 AM
Until smd import would be possible, you can only do boneless stuff - sculptures, tables, chairs, etc. No armoirs, and no clothing - you'll need either Milkshape or earlier version of Max for that.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 1:15 PM
I use 3ds max for all my stuff. Yes you can use it for the sims 2. Now things like armoirs and clothes can be done, but you have to know more about 3ds max than you do SimPE

Using 3ds max does make object creation more complicated because it involves importing and exporting the right file types multiple times. Also, certain objects-such as: 2d shapes, cylinder caps, and text will not show up in the sims 2 even though it shows in simpe. You have to shell objects or tick them renderable and work with certain objects carefully. It takes alot of practice, trys, and memory.

If you need anything that you think would be helpful information be sure to PM with some private questions involving 3ds max. I have alot of experence with 3d studio max 7, 8, or 9.

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~