Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 4:04 AM
Default Any Info on UI files?
Has anyone been able to work with the UI at all?
I'd love to be able to scoot the bottom center time panel over to the right of the screen a bit. There's space available between it and the bottom right panel, and it would be nice to get more Sims in the household without the portraits shrinking. But I can't figure out the files in ui.package (assuming that's where it's all located).
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 4:09 AM
There is a thread on this somewhere here in Modding Discussion, it's about the loading screens but someone (whose name I don't recall) actually got pretty far; I think they managed to decompile the Flash it's based on into actual .fla or Actionscript or something. Maybe try finding that thread .. there's a similar one (but with less technical detail) in EA > Modding as well.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 12:14 PM
There are supposed to exist commercial programs that can open the files (You should find tutorials if you search for Skyrim UI modding) but as I don't want to pay (or otherwise acquire) those programs I used the free program ffdec. It has a tendency to crash if you click the "wrong" resources in the file (you might have to open the task manager to shut it down) but if you can circumnavigate that you should be able to mod the file. The files are indeed in the UI package and has the tag _GFX in s4pe. You have to look through them to find which file it is though, there are quite a lot of them. Also, as these files are likely to be updated with most mayor patches you have to be prepared to redo your changes when needed (think of UI mods as core mods for Sims 3). Good Luck.