Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 11:18 PM
Default "Broken" object faces, strage light problems
I think this is best explained by a picture. I'm recently getting back into making a few objects after a long time away. When I go to preview my new objects in SimPE, the following strange lighting effect happens. The line that you see is the line joining the two diagonal vertices of the box. I'm using AC3D for modelling and the latest version of SimPE. I used to have this problem when I was using Milkshape way back when, but ever since I switched to AC3D it's never happened again. Could someone please tell me how to fix this?

P.S.: I don't have The Sims installed on my computer right now, so I can't test to see if it actually looks this way in the game.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 8:22 AM
I don't know AC3D at all, but those sorts of problems are generally caused by poorly calculated normals. If you were using Wings, I'd get you to turn off "hard" on those edges. If you were using MS3D, I'd suggest smoothing or realigning normals... Do any of those options sound familiar from your use of AC3D?