Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 1:39 AM Last edited by tangie0906 : 30th Jul 2014 at 3:28 PM.
Default Problem with TS2 Ultimate Collection and Clean Installer
I installed the UC and played it a few days. I even got my old CC that I copied from my 6 year old laptop to work. Created a Downloads folder in The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder and placed it in there and everything was working fine. Even edited my graphics files so it played on my wide screen monitor and had sharper images.

Then wanted to install a lot I downloaded today, so I downloaded and installed Clean Installer. It selected a default location called Teleport or something like that and installed the lot. When I looked in file explorer, I saw that it had created two files: a Teleport folder and a Downloads folder inside my EA Games folder. So inside my EA Games folder I now had 3 folders: Downloads, Teleport, and The Sims 2 Ultimate. I wasn't sure if I should merge the newly created Downloads folder with the Downloads folder inside my TS2UC folder but decided to leave it alone for now since I didn't know what I was doing. I did find the thread on the path for the Clean Installer so I tried editing the registry to remove the TM.

I started up the game and noticed that none of my graphics options or CC was working. Tried to start up my saved game and it was as if I had never played the lot before, my save appeared to be gone. So I quit the game and looked at the EA Game Folder again. Now I had 4 folders inside EA Games: Downloads, Teleport, The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (dated 7-28-14) and The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (dated today, 7-29-14).

Now I have no idea what to do! Any suggestions? Is there any way to just uninstall the house I installed and go back to the game the way I had it yesterday? And if so, what am I supposed to do in the future if I want to install a lot?

Edit: I took out the extra TS2UC folder and the extra Teleport and Downloads folder and tried restarting the game. It's still creating a brand new TS2UC folder. Complete with the TM in the name. Gah!

BTW, what is the T2PCI.ini file?

Another edit: I removed all the folders except for the newly generated TS2UC one, then copied the content of my previous Downloads, Neighborhoods, and Teleport folders and put the files in the appropriate folders inside the new TS2UC folder. Started the game up and all my CC worked, my saved game was back, and the house I installed was there. So I think I'm good to go, but if anyone has any tips for me on how to use this tool so I don't have to go thru this again, I'd appreciate it.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:57 AM
Default Is it possible for the Sims2Pack Clean Installer to add files to the wrong place?
Hello, I am definitely a newbie to the Sims 2, so I am kind of confused. I installed The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on my Windows 7 Computer 2 days ago, and it is the first time I have ever installed Sims 2 on that computer, and I did the whole collection at once. The game runs perfectly, but I am having a little trouble with the custom content. I had to make a Downloads folder because I didn't have one after my installation, and I proceeded to put some package files into that folder and they showed up just great in my game. My problem is with the Sims2Pack files that I double click on, I installed the Sims2Pack Clean Installer, and for some reason none of these files are showing up in my game so the package files show up and the Sims2Pack files do not. I was wondering where the Sims2Pack files are supposed to install in your game so that they can be used. This is the path that my computer shows when I try to install a Sims2Pack file ":\Users\Jennifer\Documents\EA Games\\Downloads\, and when I go to EA Games it has 3 folders listed in this order Downloads, Teleport, and The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and the first folder is where all the Sims2Pack files seem to be going. I do have a Downloads folder within the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder, and that is where all my package files are going, and they work just fine. I was wondering if there is something wrong with where these files are being installed when The Sims2Pack Clean Installer is installing these files. The Sims2Pack Clean Installer automatically comes up when I double click on a Sims2Pack file. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Site Helper
#3 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 4:38 PM
Please check the default path. If it's incorrect, you can change it in the S2PCI.INI file using Notepad. Just add the full path to your Sims 2 folder to the line starting with SaveGamePath. For example, change:
SaveGamePath=
to:
SaveGamePath="C:\Users\<userid>\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2"
or whatever the UC path is. After that, the default should always be correct.