Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 5:45 PM
Default buffs after March patch
I feel like I must just be missing something obvious, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

Before the 3/26 patch, I had 3 custom buffs -- they did specific things, had new text, etc. They were called with buff replacements in a trait. Worked flawlessly.

After that patch, they no longer worked. So I pulled the new XML, recloned the DATA file, and didn't even make any changes. So they were now basically just duplicates with name/instance change, called by the buff replacements. Still nothing.

I feel like the SIMDATA files must have changed, and I can't figure out how to access them now. I got the XMLExtractor to pull all of the XML tuning files from the new bnry no problem (after a tad bit of fiddling). But I used to export the SIMDATA files from S4PE, and now that isn't an option (as far as I can tell anyway) because there's no package. Soooo, how do I get the latest SIMDATA files out of the bnry?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 11:47 AM
huh? I thought you can get those SIMDATA (DATA) files from s4pe in the simulationfullbuild0.package or simulationdeltabuild.package? To find them DATA files for such a buff to replace, they must have the same instance name you can get from the XML's name in s4pe naming. But I don't know how to get simdata files from the bnry..
It might also help to use the sim4data editor made by the same author of sim4xmlextractor (velocitygrass? X( ) to edit SIMDATA files.
I'm not quite sure if this is what you mean, but might help... Good luck
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by qazxc
huh? I thought you can get those SIMDATA (DATA) files from s4pe in the simulationfullbuild0.package or simulationdeltabuild.package?

The fullbuild0 is the original, and the deltabuild isn't updated anymore now that they switched from package to binary. So if they made any changes to a SIMDATA file for buff (as I'm pretty sure they did), you can't get the newest file from either of those packages. :/

And I know how to match the XML and DATA, as evidenced by the fact that my buffs were working before the March patch.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 4:51 PM
Oh ( Have you tried using other buff mods to check if it was only yours? Surely would have affected theirs, too.
EDIT: Im not sure, but it may help to go check the lastException file on your sims directory in my documents. It contains error occurrences in game. It works for python scripts, not sure about it working for packages, though.