Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 3:51 PM
Default Help my mesh is looking weird it has everything correct but the hands is bad TSRW
Im doing a conversion I'm trying TERA to Sims 3 but the male sim clothes is looking bad rn because of his hands it's going inward instead of being in the correct position.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 2:10 PM
How many mesh groups do you have, and how many bones per group?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
How many mesh groups do you have, and how many bones per group?
I have 2 mesh groups and its 1.72 so I put the same .WSO in 1st group and Group 0 the bones is 35.
Alchemist
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Judycb
I have 2 mesh groups and its 1.72 so I put the same .WSO in 1st group and Group 0 the bones is 35.

I don't understand what you mean by "put the same WSO in 1st group"; did you upload the same mesh in both groups? If so, you shouldn't do that. If you want to keep this project, make the 2nd group (Group 1) just a small triangle somewhere in the middle of the sim body so that it won't be visible (that's what hair creators usually do). Otherwise, pick an outfit with only one group (I normally use the Seasons onesie pajamas) as a bone reference, reassign the bones with Cmar's Mesh Toolkit, and upload your mesh over that project.

That being said, it's impossible for such a complex outfit to only have 35 bones. It should have a minimum of 59. The hands in particular are assigned to a lot of bones, which makes me think they weren't assigned properly here.

From what I've seen people do, they normally separate complex meshes into 2 groups, one group for the hands (I read that it makes morphing easier because they don't change with morphs) and another group for the rest of the body.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 6:21 PM Last edited by Judycb : 3rd Apr 2020 at 2:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
I don't understand what you mean by "put the same WSO in 1st group"; did you upload the same mesh in both groups? If so, you shouldn't do that. If you want to keep this project, make the 2nd group (Group 1) just a small triangle somewhere in the middle of the sim body so that it won't be visible (that's what hair creators usually do). Otherwise, pick an outfit with only one group (I normally use the Season's onesie pajamas) as a bone reference, reassign the bones with Cmar's Mesh Toolkit, and upload your mesh over that project.

That being said, it's impossible for such a complex outfit to only have 35 bones. It should have a minimum of 59. The hands in particular are assigned to a lot of bones, which makes me think they weren't assigned properly here.

From what I've seen people do, they normally separate complex meshes into 2 groups, one group for the hands (I read that it makes morphing easier because they don't change with morphs) and another group for the rest of the body.
Thank you but the mesh is still messed up Its only the hands and legs that are it
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 2:50 AM
Texture is bad for some reason.
Alchemist
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 8:04 AM
How exactly are you assigning the bones? You should be doing it with CmarNYC's Meshing Toolkit: http://modthesims.info/d/481950/mes...12-20-2018.html

Open the Toolkit, go to Auto Tools for WSO \ Auto-assign Bones, load your mesh in the first field and the reference mesh in the second field.
Select "Replace all bone assignments", tick "Do interpolation", select "Interpolate by distance only".
Click "Do assignments and save", save your file somewhere (recommend it to be separate from your initial file; I usually title them "LODx_noBones" and "LODx_withBones".

Then follow this tutorial to correct any bad bone assignments manually: https://sims3tutorialhub.tumblr.com...ne-reassignment

To create the morphs, go to the Auto-create Morphs tab and load your mesh with the correct bone assignments as a base.

For the textures, see Step 7 here and make sure you're doing the same steps: https://pandemonium91.wixsite.com/p...ts3tut-ageconv4

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 7:28 PM
I auto tools the reference mesh 1st than EA on Auto-assign Bones?
Alchemist
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Judycb
I auto tools the reference mesh 1st than EA on Auto-assign Bones?

Sorry, I should've explained it better. You start a new TSRW project with a fullbody mesh with 1 group (preferable, otherwise it's more complicated).
You export the mesh for LOD1 (High level of detail), name it something like "reference".
This is the mesh you use as a reference for your bones - I just checked, and if you select a basegame outfit (the ones in the military have 1 group) you can use it as a reference for both bones and morphs.

Again, after bone assignment, you should have almost 60 bones (but not more than 59 per group!)

Follow the tutorial I linked to above (from the Wix site) to see how I do things. It's separated into sections, so jump in wherever you need:
https://pandemonium91.wixsite.com/p.../ts3tut-ageconv