Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2008 at 2:44 PM Last edited by 73rd_survivor : 11th May 2008 at 4:53 PM.
Default Looking for Expertise with Paintings
I'm cloning 'Lady in Red' and making a set of Paintings; 1 for each character of a tv show. There's going to be at least 16, probably more.

1- Should I give each painting a new GUID or give them all the same one?
2- if they all have the same GUID; What happens? Are they all stored under the same catalog item but different versions?
3- Would people like it if each painting is a seperate catalog item, or grouped together?
4- Is there any way to delete GUIDs I made by accident?

5- Can I modify submissions to MTS2, or do I have to delete it and upload the new version?

Namasté.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th May 2008 at 3:07 PM Last edited by ~Dee~ : 11th May 2008 at 3:15 PM.
If you want to make 16 character's,I suggest you only clone one and recolour the rest.
That way you only need one GUID or as many as the 'Lady in Red' has.
If you clone all 16 you'll have to give them all a seperate GUID,if you only give them one GUID,only one mesh will show up in your game.
If you only clone one and recolour the rest,one thumbnail in the catalog will have the mesh and all recolours.
You can delete GUID's by going to the SimPE Data website,find the GUID you want to delete and...click delete.

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th May 2008 at 3:22 PM
Unless you are changing the actual mesh of the painting, don't clone it at all. Just recolour it. Clones take up more space, both disk-wise, and in the catalog.

Also make sure you review MTS2's guidelines for uploads - we no longer accept just regular photos and stuff as recolours... it needs to be your own artwork, or pictures taken in-game.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th May 2008 at 4:35 PM
-Ah, makes sense. I don't think I'm allowed to upload these; I've taken promotional shots from google and colorized sections using Photoshop. It's not really my work though so I won't upload them. (I'll still build them for my game, because they look cool.)

-As for the cloning vs recoloring; I didn't realize about the different filesizes. I'll use recoloring instead of cloning for this.

Namasté.