Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 2:33 AM
Default BGEO question
It's me again. I'm putting together a package for the GnD Teen body this time and am happy to say I actually learned a TON from making the adult package, including a lot of things I have to stop doing because they bork the meshes. I successfully got the teen body into TSRW with all 3 lod's even though I had to fight with the bone assignments to get it done. My problem is with the morphs now. Lod1 works beautifully but lod2 and 3 have no morph states. I've tried making each morph separately using GEOMs, I've tried making them as WSO's, but no matter what I do the morphs aren't showing up. Does this have something to do with vertID's? How do I fix it?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 4:11 AM
Can you explain what steps you went through to make the morphs?

For GEOMs, if the meshes don't include vertex numbers or the numbers are all zero, BGEO morphs won't work. For WSO, if there are morph states and the mesh groups are named correctly, it should work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 4:39 AM Last edited by sciguy77 : 5th Dec 2012 at 12:39 PM.
I extracted the BGEOs and GEOMs for the top and bottom from the original package. Lod2 and 3 used the EA default body while lod1 used the GnD teen mesh. I created lod2 and 3 using DirectX tools, then let Toolkit do its magic and create the morphed WSOs. When I opened them with MS3D, lod1 came out beautifully but lod2 and 3 remained unchanged. I then tried to make the morphs with Toolkit using the BGEOs and GEOMs, and again all I got out were the base meshes. They look freakin awesome but without the morphs I'm at an impasse. Since the BGEOs do work for lod1 I know the data is in there somewhere -- I simply don't know how to get it out!

Edit: Hmm, if the BGEOs I have were made with the default bodies as lod2 and 3, I'm going to have to auto-create the morphs using lod1 as a reference and my new lod2 and 3 as the base, aren't I? Then I'll have to make new BGEOs. That's what I ended up doing for the adult body meshes. Not really looking forward to cranking out another 20 meshes to build the packages, but I gotta do what I gotta do -- the teen body is just as nice as the adult. I'm HOPING you're gonna tell me there's another easy way, but my heart hurts a little when I think about what you're probably going to tell me.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 2:06 PM
Yeah, the original morphs weren't for your modified mesh so they won't work. If you have the base mesh in a WSO, you should be able to use the lod1 WSO as reference and make lod2 and lod3 WSO morphs in two easy steps. In TSRW there's no need for a BGEO of course; just import the WSOs.

Let me know if that isn't working!
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 3:24 PM
It might be a little bit more work but why not use all the adult meshes you already have?
Update the neck and ankle seams on all your meshes and your done.

Make sure you clone a teenoutfit to start with.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 8:07 PM Last edited by sciguy77 : 5th Dec 2012 at 8:23 PM.
GOD I love Toolkit! Just a couple of mouse clicks and the meshes are complete. I think the fact I'm working with multi-part lod's has me a little flustered still because this fix should have been obvious. All 6 WSOs I needed to complete the package were done in minutes, and the entire project was completed in less than half an hour. The base lod's had already been through the seam fixes so using the adult version as references would have required me to do all of that again.

So you're telling me to make a teen mesh all I have to do is use an adult mesh and load it into a cloned teen outfit and fix the seams??? Are you KIDDING me? Do you know how awesome that is???
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 8:24 PM
if you want it to be the same shape yes, i usually dont recomment this to do this with the default shape as with those the teen morphs are a little diffrent
It also will work for the elders, the animations will bent the shape to a elder look
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 8:37 PM
Besides the seams, teen bodies are a little slimmer and less developed - for females the bust and hips are smaller. That's also not hard to do by scaling but takes a little time. I've already got an 'auto teen/adult/elder' converter on my list for Toolkit, to adjust the seams, and no reason it couldn't also do the other stuff.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 8:54 PM Last edited by sciguy77 : 5th Dec 2012 at 11:30 PM.
The package is all done and tested in CAS. All the sliders work as they should and the mesh is fine, but the teen looks like an adult, and this is one of my pet peeves! Do you guys know the best way to scale this down so it looks more age-appropriate?
EDIT: I was working on the pic for this post when the answers came in -- sorry about the overlap! I'll play with scaling the legs and hips and see what I can come up with. I love the idea of having all those options in Toolkit! Teens are a pretty overlooked area of the game. Between the pregnant morph inconsistencies, hip/leg/breast size issues, and unavailability of content you never know for SURE what you'll get until the package is opened in-game! I've put it off long enough I guess -- time to try and fix the UV map for the shorts. They're a TS2 conversion and it's pretty ugly.
If you have any tips for scaling the teen mesh it would REALLY be appreciated!
Screenshots