Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 3:47 PM Last edited by TimeDrifter : 5th Mar 2020 at 8:11 PM. Reason: Resolved
Default [SOLVED] WCIF - Exp/Stuff Packs Detector for Lots
Along the lines of CUSTARD, does anyone know of a Sims 3 tool that can look into a Sims3Pack and detect which Expansion Packs and/or Stuff Packs elements are to be called upon in order for a lot to be rendered as built?

Having the ability to specifically select which Packs to engage for a given game by using that excellent MTS featured tool, "Sims Game Select" or via the The Sims 3 Launcher since version 1.69 it would be helpful to be able to better organize CC Lots for use by their "as created" dependencies.

Thanks

Update: March 4, 2020
Via Crinrict's Sims 3 blog post about Good Tools and what they do, I found about what I was looking for...
a utility available on SourceForge called "SimsReadmeGenerator".

It accurately Detected use of EPs and SPs up through University Life and 70s, 80s, 90s Stuff.
The last program update seems to have been prior to including detection for Island Paradise, In To The Future, & Movie Stuff.

SimsReadmeGenerator does detect and identify use of store items when feed the .xml data sheet from Crinrict's S3S project.

Cool Program! My thanks to its creator, andusamar. For what it does, it does well.