Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2020 at 5:02 PM Last edited by Holoqueen : 24th May 2020 at 7:15 PM.
Default I'm trying to remember the name of a custom world
I believe it was a smallish island world with a "northern hemisphere" vibe called something like Duenogg

I've been trying for weeks now, and it's still eluding me!
It drives me crazy, because I had found my "handful of favourite worlds" with different atmospheres (and backed it whole up), and both my computer and my back up drive died
(but then I reminded myself that it's only a game, albeit my favourite and most necessary ever, so I went and got a comfort-cuddle from my dog )
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th May 2020 at 5:11 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th May 2020 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Are you looking for Duneoog? https://minasavenue.tumblr.com/post...island-made-for

AAAAAAAaaaaaaarg, thank you so much! (so silly that I missed the double O!)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th May 2020 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Is it possible to extract the world file from the sims3pack? I dont like installing sims3pack

Extract it and rename .package to .world and there you go, assuming you know where it goes after that?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th May 2020 at 4:55 AM
Nope. Your path might be different, but mine is on my C Drive under :

Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > The Sims 3 > Game Data > Shared > NonPackaged > Worlds

From experience, don't delete the spaces in the world name, if there are any, especially if you are using a save file. But that should do it.

You'll know if you have found the right place, as Sunset Valley.world file will be in there
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th May 2020 at 10:53 AM
Well I'm thinking that the location for Sunset Valley came with the base game, the rest of the Worlds are installed via the launcher and go into the Installed Worlds folder automatically.

I'm sure EA wanted everything to be installed via the launcher, so this is just the work around for those that hate the launcher I guess. I removed all my Worlds from the installed worlds folder and if I want to play in any of them, I just plop them into the same location as above. You will see, once you remove the worlds from the installed worlds folder, that some will still be able to be selected when you start up a new game. These are the worlds that come with EP's, if I remember right, have a look next time you start a fresh save and it will be obvious.

Anyone more intelligent might give you a better answer than me though