Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 11:34 AM Last edited by Holoqueen : 19th Jun 2020 at 4:49 PM.
Default 1.67 versions of Nraas mods
Hi!

I'm aware that it's not really pertinent to ask here for mods that came from elsewhere, but I read on the updates logs of the new Nraas website that they don't plan on making the old versions (read pre 1.69) of their mods available and that they don't want us asking.

When you go on the mods list (or into the mod's specific page), the download buttons show "Download for patch 1.67/69", but they're not all actually compatible with 1.67.

I had a really outdated collection of their mods, so I updated them all, and now my game keeps warning me that the mods are incompatible with my game version!

So yeah, I really don't know how to resolve the issue. Anyone has an online folder or something?

Thanks either way for reading!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 11:40 AM
Here comes the list (sorry ><)

Anti Magic Scroll
Career +
Academics
Homemaker
Part time
School
Self Employed
Tones
Consigner
Dreamer
Dresser
Error Trap (I've found that one, if anyone's looking for it)
Go Here
Master Controller +
Cheats
Expanded Tattoo (and the other file it needs, too)
Mover
Once Read
Overwatch
Portrait Panel
Register
Saver
Shooless
Story Progression
Tempest
Vector +
data Goofy
data Lethal
data Long Term
data Minor
data Zombie
Woohooer +
Kama Simtra
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 4:08 PM
As nitromon said, the NRAAS mods for 1.69 should work fine for 1.67 (like they do for me) with the exception of Error Trap which is a core mod. May I ask where you got that version from? There is a 1.67 version at the NRAAS website. Which is the only place I would advise to download any NRAAS mods, instead of using someone else's "online folder" which might mess up your game even more.

Do you use any other mods?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 8:18 AM
The message on our site about not asking for older versions pertains to players on Patches 1.63 and prior. Not on current patch levels. Both 1.67 and 1.69 are considered current.

To add to the advice already given, the only mods that are capable of throwing a core version mismatch error on startup are Core Mods. There are only five TS3 Core Mods in popular usage and we happen to host two of them -- ErrorTrap and UntranslatedKey (this one is really for developers). Both have 1.67 versions available on their download pages. In the case of ErrorTrap, you do have to select the correct 1.67 iteration -- one is for Steam installs and the other is for retail disc/the Mac version of the game/everyone else.

All of the rest of the NRaas mods are Script Mods and their tuning files. None of those care about 1.69 vs. 1.67 (or even 1.66 for that matter, which we more rarely see these days). And even if you do have the core version mismatch warning, the mods still function exactly the same across these three patch levels because nothing about the gameplay files changed between them except for their internal build numbers and in the case of 1.69 the way in which the game starts up.

If ErrorTrap is now up to date and you have the correct 1.67 iteration for Steam vs. Everyone Else but you are still getting the core version warning on startup, then you either have the wrong version of one of the other three Core Mods out there or there is something wrong with your game's install/patch level and if on a retail disc or Mac install (not Steam!), the SuperPatcher should be run. The remaining Core Mods from other developers are:

CmarNYC's XCAS
Consort's 2x Weight/Fitness
AwesomeMod

and...Gamefreak130's World Loading Screen Overhaul v1, but this one comes off the list because he recently redid the mod as v2 that is now no longer a Core Mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
As nitromon said, the NRAAS mods for 1.69 should work fine for 1.67 (like they do for me) with the exception of Error Trap which is a core mod. May I ask where you got that version from? There is a 1.67 version at the NRAAS website. Which is the only place I would advise to download any NRAAS mods, instead of using someone else's "online folder" which might mess up your game even more.

Do you use any other mods?

Thanks (and to nitromon too, of course), I didn't know the 1.69 versions were fine with 1.67!
I did get the 1.67 version of Error trap on the mod's page directly on NRAAS.net, so I'm confident it's ok !
You're right, of course, it is kinda dodgy to use unchecked mods. I was getting desperate, and had somehow missed the 69/67 compatibility info, so it was kinda last resort. But I'm very relieved to hear that I'll be able to use the official, from-the-website, versions!

(edit: sorry, forgot to answer your question, yes I use other mods, rather a lot I'm afraid, but I did exonerate them from causing the issue by adding them in 10 at a time and checking in game whether anything was wrong or not)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The message on our site about not asking for older versions pertains to players on Patches 1.63 and prior. Not on current patch levels. Both 1.67 and 1.69 are considered current.

To add to the advice already given, the only mods that are capable of throwing a core version mismatch error on startup are Core Mods. There are only five TS3 Core Mods in popular usage and we happen to host two of them -- ErrorTrap and UntranslatedKey (this one is really for developers). Both have 1.67 versions available on their download pages. In the case of ErrorTrap, you do have to select the correct 1.67 iteration -- one is for Steam installs and the other is for retail disc/the Mac version of the game/everyone else.

All of the rest of the NRaas mods are Script Mods and their tuning files. None of those care about 1.69 vs. 1.67 (or even 1.66 for that matter, which we more rarely see these days). And even if you do have the core version mismatch warning, the mods still function exactly the same across these three patch levels because nothing about the gameplay files changed between them except for their internal build numbers and in the case of 1.69 the way in which the game starts up.

If ErrorTrap is now up to date and you have the correct 1.67 iteration for Steam vs. Everyone Else but you are still getting the core version warning on startup, then you either have the wrong version of one of the other three Core Mods out there or there is something wrong with your game's install/patch level and if on a retail disc or Mac install (not Steam!), the SuperPatcher should be run. The remaining Core Mods from other developers are:

CmarNYC's XCAS
Consort's 2x Weight/Fitness
AwesomeMod

and...Gamefreak130's World Loading Screen Overhaul v1, but this one comes off the list because he recently redid the mod as v2 that is now no longer a Core Mod.

Thank you very much, I didn't know that 1.69 version mods were compatible with 1.67!

ErrorTrap is indeed the only core mod I use, unless the file needed for MasterController's extra tattoo locations (cmar_XCAS_TattooLocation_V2) is the same as the one you're listing. I'll try with and without it, and see if I get the warning, but it's good to know that I can more or less safely ignore it in this situation!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 4:43 PM
No, the whole point of MC Tattoo and the extra file that CmarNYC graciously made for NRaas is to get some of the benefits of the full version of XCAS without having to use a Core Mod to do so. It's all Script Mods the MC way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
No, the whole point of MC Tattoo and the extra file that CmarNYC graciously made for NRaas is to get some of the benefits of the full version of XCAS without having to use a Core Mod to do so. It's all Script Mods the MC way.

Yay, wonderful!

For some reason, now it doesn't give me the error message, and all I did was delete everything in the documents/sims 3/mods folder and copy back my backup (and I hadn't changed a thing since backing it up)! I guess something got borked when I first put them in, it's really weird!

Still, thank you guys for telling me about the compatibility and everything!