Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 5:00 PM
Rename texture
hi, i have one stupid question because i'm very newbie in this thing.i have made a new object cloned from maxis,but the texture name came from the original file.so, if i rename the texture, will it affect in my game; will the mesh come out right?
Advertisement
Fluffy
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 7:12 PM
acid gurl,
it's important to know that if you've already cloned something, all the files will link to each other.
renaming the texture file now will result in a flashing blue object, unless you fix the reference in the txmt

i do wonder why you'd want to rename the texture.
during the process of cloning, SimPE will automatically rename all the files, making them pretty unique (adding the date and your nickname), but it's always better to give them a guaranteed unique name. A lot of people use their nick, followed by the name of the object and the date.
However, trying to change the file names now, is much more trouble than it's worth.
If you really want different filenames, try recloning instead.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:37 AM Last edited by acid_gurl : 11th Apr 2008 at 1:36 PM.
Oh no, i guess i have to reclone again...alrgiht.i'll give a try.thanks.

oops!forgot to ask... you said i have to fix reference in the txmt. how to fix the reference? let's just say the original texture name is xxxx....green-txtr, but my texture is white and i want to change it to xxx....white-txtr.Plus yeah, the white-txmt too. how do i fix the reference? i'm afraid of getting the blue flashing thing again... if i have to reclone, i guess i have to reclone...again.
Fluffy
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 7:21 PM
um, you realize there's no real reason (other than a nearly suicidal perfectionism) for you to change the texture name, right?

but if you must
first, go in the txtr, and copy the filename there
then, look up the txmt, you'll find a line there called 'stdMatBaseTextureName'
click on it, and in the box to the right you should be abel to change the 'Value'
replace the text after ##0x1C050000! with your new texture name,
and make sure to get rid of _txtr at the end.
then commit
in the menu above, go to 'tool/object tools/fix integrity'
just click 'ok' there and save
if you did it right, you should see the correct texture in the preview of the gmdc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 2:27 AM
oh ok..thanks..i'm going to try that...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 3:54 AM
i changed all the name to colour-txtr, the txmt to colour-txmt... and all that requires to change the name.i clicked fixed integrity every time i changed the name.... finally, it works. thank you so much