Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 7:05 PM
I have a new question, I got the viewer installed and got up the the export the img file in the s3pe...but when I try to open the file in PSP I get the message that it does not support that format. I know I have the correct dds etc because I can do patterns. if anyone at all can tll me what I am doing wrong, I would appreciate it very much.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#127 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsgal2003
I have a new question, I got the viewer installed and got up the the export the img file in the s3pe...but when I try to open the file in PSP I get the message that it does not support that format. I know I have the correct dds etc because I can do patterns. if anyone at all can tll me what I am doing wrong, I would appreciate it very much.

The DDS VIEWER is completely separate from the DDS PLUGIN, which is what you need to import/export dds files in a graphics app. As far as I know, Paint Shop Pro doesn't have a .dds plugin. You can however use a standalone dds converter, like this one: http://developer.amd.com/gpu/compre...es/default.aspx
Test Subject
#128 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 2:06 AM
thank you , I will give it a try
Alchemist
#129 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
As far as I know, Paint Shop Pro doesn't have a .dds plugin.

It can use the "legacy" NVIDIA PhotoShop plugin, although you have to specifically set the plugin path in preferences because the installer puts it in a different directory than the default for PaintShopPro.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#130 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 2:16 AM
when I open S3PE and open the Goth Painting, I click it, view it in he viewer. but there is no .dds at the end of the line.....it just says paintingGoth_o_0x15ef49aa7d8bca89_Img. I have all the necessary files and use PSP 8. I have aso tried PSP 9. a firend of mine has no problem with it and we checked to make sure I had the same files as she does.... What cn I do to fix this.....
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 4:17 AM
When do you think it will be possible to change not only the texture/image of a painting but also to change the actual size of the object/canvas to create truly custom paintings? (For example The Sims 3 equivalent of justmoi's "Majestic Glamour")

How would I clone the paintingPosterChild which also has a greyed out DDS frame overlay of the painting's image? If I simply delete that DDS and only keep the changed image in the package would the game generate that greyed out DDS frame overlay based on the new image or still with the default image? If I have to do this manually, how would I get the same result?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#132 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:10 AM
Please, someone can tell me how can I change the color of the frame (texture) of a painting? Thanks! :D
Test Subject
#133 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 4:58 PM
Is this forum closed??? or does no one have time to answer the questions...
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#134 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 7:50 PM
Test Subject
#135 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 9:42 PM
Then I guess I must be totally stupid because its telling me it cant read the requested format...and I know that I have all the necessary stuff....like I said I compared what I have installed to what a friend has and hers works fine....I just may as well give up
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#136 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 10:23 PM
It sounds like you don't have the dds plugin for PSP. I can't help with where the required plugin goes for dds files and PSP, as I use Photoshop. If you look in one of the tutorials for patterns and PSP, there should be a link to what you need. Also read through the comments as I think which version of PSP your using may make a difference in getting it set up.
Test Subject
#137 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 2:10 AM
I have both PSP 8 and PSP 9.....the plugin I have is dds.8bi and that is in the plugin folder in C:/Programs in my PSP folder...
Eminence Grise
#138 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsgal2003
Is this forum closed??? or does no one have time to answer the questions...

Usually, if nobody answers, it's because nobody who has read the thread KNOWS the answer.

Quote: Originally posted by mtsimguy
When do you think it will be possible to change not only the texture/image of a painting but also to change the actual size of the object/canvas to create truly custom paintings? (For example The Sims 3 equivalent of justmoi's "Majestic Glamour")

It's possible. That's a mesh mod. You can find relevant tuts and info in the Meshing forum.

Quote: Originally posted by goth_ME
Please, someone can tell me how can I change the color of the frame (texture) of a painting? Thanks! :D

The color can be changed in-game, in Create-A-Style. The underlying texture can be modified the same way as the image texture.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 12:45 AM
I have a question about patches and updates in relation to cloning paintings.

If I create a painting clone in version 1.3.24 (the previous patch) and the I then download and apply the new patch to my game, would I then have to re-create (update) that painting whenever the game is patched? Would the painting clone continue to function normally and not cause any problems, such as the game crashing to the desktop, if I don't re-create (update) it for new versions of the game?

If I create a painting clone with an old version of the object cloner, would I then have to re-create (update) that painting whenever a new version of the cloner is released? Would the painting clone continue to function normally and not cause any problems, such as the game crashing to the desktop, if I don't re-create (update) it?
Eminence Grise
#140 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 9:28 AM
New versions of the cloner won't affect your clone at all. That's just the tool.

As for whether a patch (or EP) would affect your painting, it's unlikely... but not completely impossible, I guess. The kind of thing that could happen is that a patch could add new functionality to paintings, which CC paintings created pre-patch wouldn't have. For instance, in Sims 2, EPs added new options to the fridge and the bookcase, and CC fridges and bookcases created before those EPs didn't have those new functions unless they were updated.

Pictures seem like an unlikely candidate for that kind of change, though.
Mad Poster
#141 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 5:49 AM
Hello, please forgive me if I have missed something as this is a long thread. I really want to be able to do this. Do we have to have the DDS utililities? For Sims 2 we could recolor paintings with or without it using the import and export buttons in SimPe. I am willing to use Gimp if needed.

I have Vista 64 and unless I missed something Nvidia has not provided the utilities for this. I don't think Sim3 will install on my other computer with XP and the intel graphics. I had Sims2, SimPe, and the DDS there. If need be I will have to see if it will.

I hope there is a way I can do this on this computer that has the new game.

Any/all help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Test Subject
#142 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:46 PM
hello i have a ?...i can make the pics in the poster format with no probs.but when i try with a frame all the frames are black,there no color i even tried using the DXT3 or DXT5 in the dxt5 the frames have the colors but it also has blended in the pictures 2...so i'm alittle lost on how to get the colors on my frames.thank u
Test Subject
#143 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 11:56 PM
I can't find the Sims 3 Package Editor anywhere. Help?
Eminence Grise
#144 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Do we have to have the DDS utililities? For Sims 2 we could recolor paintings with or without it using the import and export buttons in SimPe. I am willing to use Gimp if needed.

I have Vista 64 and unless I missed something Nvidia has not provided the utilities for this. I don't think Sim3 will install on my other computer with XP and the intel graphics. I had Sims2, SimPe, and the DDS there. If need be I will have to see if it will.

Yes, you need .dds export capability, but it's perfectly compatible with Vista 64 (that's what I mod on).

Quote: Originally posted by redriaskyly
i can make the pics in the poster format with no probs.but when i try with a frame all the frames are black,there no color i even tried using the DXT3 or DXT5 in the dxt5 the frames have the colors but it also has blended in the pictures 2...so i'm alittle lost on how to get the colors on my frames.thank u

Hmm... I haven't had this problem. Which pictures exactly did you experience this with?

Quote: Originally posted by austinf4564
I can't find the Sims 3 Package Editor anywhere. Help?

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=362412
Mad Poster
#145 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 10:51 AM
Thank you very much for the reply! I have no idea as to why it did not work before but the 8.31.1127.1645 build just installed. Now I need to start going through all the information.

Thank you for helping us all ..... and I am sure I will need more when I get started.

And, Santa Barbara. How lucky! I am in No. CA.
Test Subject
#146 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 12:46 PM
hello it happens with all the framed pictures....if i try to use a pic with a frame the frames all come out black.if i use the goth poster without a frame it looks great on;y messes up when i use a framed picture.
Test Subject
#147 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 10:47 PM Last edited by Mystheri : 4th Sep 2009 at 11:28 PM.
Default DDS Viewer
Hello...I've tried so hard to avoid asking a question I've noticed was asked more than once in this forum, and for two days of trying everything I am still yet unsuccessful with having my dds viewer work. I don't get any error messages in either program (s3PE, s3oc) but my dds files I was once able to see clearly on my desktop after completing a pattern. Without this I am much slower to prepare pictures since I often have similar patterns. I had to restore my pc a couple of days prior and when I put the dds viewer back into 'program files' I see nothing. I'm not sure exactly now how where to put what, hahaha...If someone would be so kind as to tell me what files go into what folder...then where this folder needs to be I'd be so eternally grateful lol...really. Thanks much in advance either way. Myst~

Add Edit: Problem solved. I went to the same site where I'd gotten my dds thumbnail viewer, downloaded and installed the WTV (Windows Texture Viewer). It does give me the dds thumbnails but I don't recommend to anyone else unless Xanathon does, but the link to this page for NVIDIA download is http://developer.nvidia.com/object/...ure_viewer.html Xanathon, I have loads to learn but wanted to thank you for the tutorial and all.

Sorry for the novel xx Myst~

Wisdom is like respect...It's something you earn, not freely obtained without sacrifices.
Mad Poster
#148 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 8:27 AM
Hooray! I am on the right track at last! Excellent tute and help here. Thanks SO much to everyone!

I can tell what I will be doing all weekend now!
Alchemist
#149 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 2:40 AM
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much. It's exactly what I needed.

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Test Subject
#150 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 11:45 AM Last edited by aerdehel : 6th Sep 2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Added the reference for Srikandi's reply
Quote: Originally posted by Sweetichigodream
The names I give to painting in S3OC doesn't "stick" too often. In this Vespa Girl collection of 6 painting it only stuck to one of them, the rest got numbers instead in game. I open and close S3OC between every session, and of course all objects got unique names. It does not matter if I make new clone for every time, or if I use same clone file.

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Numbers instead of names is what you see when the game doesn't find a string in the string table for whatever language is being displayed. Possibly you didn't have the "copy text to all languages" checkbox checked when you "fixed" your picture?

I have the same problem, apparently other people have it too. I checked NameGUID and DescGuid in the Object Description (OBJD tag) and it matches the keys in the String Tables (STBL tags) for all languages. Something else is going on. :-(

I'd be happy if someone could come up with a solution for this one.
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: Outdated ... Please see wiki for more up-to-date tutorial
Page 6 of 8