Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 3:25 AM Last edited by NiteKat09 : 22nd Mar 2010 at 4:02 AM.
Default Changing maternity clothes?
Ok, I am very picky about my SIMs clothing, and I spend hours making their outfits before I start playing...so it really bugs me that I get no choice when they are pregnant! Is there a way to change the clothes when pregnant?

Also, are there any maternity-flagged clothing downloads floating around?<-- Found 'em...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NiteKat09
Also, are there any maternity-flagged clothing downloads floating around?<-- Found 'em...

I have the same question as you, but...where did you find maternity clothes for S3?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 1:51 AM
Poppy Sims has maternity clothes for adults and teens.

You cannot edit a sim whilst pregnant - even Awesomemod won't allow you to do this, dangerous to the game I think - however there is a way to customise their maternity clothes:
-In an outfit slot for each category set clothes that sims wear whilst pregnant (in a maternity-CC-free game you've got the strappy dress, the shinyish jeans, the tracksuit bottoms and jacket, the tshirt over a long-sleeved top, the plunging swimsuit and the normal swimsuit) then apply whatever patterns and colours you want to them and add accessories.
-Make those your sims number 1 outfits for each category before her belly pops and that is what she shall wear for the remainder of her pregnancy.
- Example 1. Example 2(dress from Poppy Sims).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 4:28 PM
Thank you el_flel!! 's a pretty cool trick to know~

Edejan, Tomislaw's site has quite a bit of maternity-flagged items as well.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
You cannot edit a sim whilst pregnant - even Awesomemod won't allow you to do this, dangerous to the game I think

You can use SuperComputer's "Dresser" interaction to do so, if you so desire.

CAS simply does not provide a means to distinguish pregnancy outfits from the regular ones. So if you pick the wrong one, you will lose the baby bump.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 12:27 AM
Ah cool, thanks Twallan, have been considering DLing that for a while now so think I shall do so. I hate not being able to change the appearance of preggo sims!

You're welcome NiteKat09 those default colours on the maternity clothes are pretty hideous, especially the way they items are randomly put together. And so often you end up with a heavily pregnant sim in killer heels and joggers. Ridiculous.
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 12:00 AM
It does seem daft that EA seem to take pride in the fact that you can customise almost anything in The Sims 3 but doesn't let you pick maternity clothes! el_flel, will definitely try out that technique, thanks a ton!
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 12:39 AM
how do you get teens pregnant?
do you just make them have 'try for a baby"? I haven't tried on TS3 because I couldn't do it in TS2 so yeah... please answer me

Without any troubles in your life, you would be bored as hell!!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luvicky
how do you get teens pregnant?
do you just make them have 'try for a baby"? I haven't tried on TS3 because I couldn't do it in TS2 so yeah... please answer me

Off topic, but...
it takes a mod to make teens pregnant.
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 2:45 AM
where can i find "SuperComputer's "Dresser"?
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by im_lynor
where can i find "SuperComputer's "Dresser"?

SuperComputer is hosted at the site in my signature.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#12 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
SuperComputer is hosted at the site in my signature.

Cheers.

hi i know this is a old thread but please could you post the link as i am having a hard time finding the super computer mod.

thanks
Instructor
#13 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 3:02 AM
Super Computer is now Master Controller. All of Twallan's mods can be found at the link in his signature.
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: found