Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2010 at 7:04 PM
Default Basic Milkshape Problem
Hi All,
I am a new mesher and am trying to teach myself to mesh for clothing. So, I decided to start with this tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=397088

However, when I get to

Quote:
In the front, left and top Milkshape views:
(left)click with your mousepointer a bit left and above the mesh, hold the mousebutton down and with your mousepointer draw/drag a box over the complete mesh to the bottom right of the mesh and release the mousebutton.
Rightclick somewhere in the window- and from the pop-up menu choose Frame Selection.
Your mesh is now changed into a white wireframe covered with little red dots.

I do the left click drag, and nothing happens. I have tried just touching the joint itself, but i can't seem to select it.

I've gone through the tutorial a few times to that point, re-read the instructions, re-downloaded program, re-downloaded the plug-ins from this site, searched the Milkshape and MTS websites, and I am just suck.

I must be missing something obvious

Here is the screen I am on when i am trying to select something.

Thanks so much in advance
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th May 2010 at 7:17 PM
Where it says:

Select Options
(Vertex) (Face) (Group) (Joint)

Click Vertex - you have Joint selected. You need to select vertices, not joints (you don't even have joints showing).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2010 at 7:32 PM
yay awesome, thank you so much!
Inventor
#4 Old 25th May 2010 at 10:47 PM
eronoel, the basic selecting settings in Milkshape for the tutorial are like this:
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2010 at 6:40 PM
Thank you both for the very quick replies. I was able to get through the tutorial (finally) and am working on learning more... oh what a process :D