Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 12:34 PM
Default Milkshape Import issue, or am I just crazy?

This happens every time I import a .simgeom, straight after extracting the meshes from CTU. It even happens with TSRW. Half the faces are normal, and the rest are reversed, but never fully one or the other ..

Help?? It happens with every base game mesh to me Is there any way around it?? Does it happen to others?

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Advertisement
Inventor
#3 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 1:45 PM
Uncheck "Ignore Backfaces" under Model Select should work.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 9:18 PM
Thanks for helping guys, but this is right after Import. I havent done anything to it yet, just exported. Sorry If Im being thick headed.

If it hit Reverse Vertex Order, it reverses all of em, even the ones that are right. So whats already gray turns black .. And If I selectively try to reverse order, then I get this weird fade from dark to light O.o

Alchemist
#5 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 10:01 PM
Reverse Vertex order flips the triangles over. They are one-sided, and MilkShape will display the backside either as black, or as invisible (as they are displayed in the game).

Cocomama gave you the solution, although the menu says "Draw Backfaces", and if it is checked, the back side of each face will display as black.

You access the display menu for each viewport by right-clicking on the viewport, and look at the status of the "Draw Backfaces" item.

You will see that yours is checked. Uncheck it to see the hair rendered properly.

Now that you have leaned to control the display, you can turn it on or off as needed while you work on the mesh.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 10:24 PM
Oh my gosh!!! Im soooo sorry Cocomama, I thought you actually meant Ignore Backfaces and I knew that that wouldnt work. Im very sorry!

Thanks Wes for clearing this up, its working properly now

Thanks Everyone for replying!