Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 3:39 PM
Default BGEO to morph mesh GEOM?
When a morph mesh isn't available, is there a utility that can take base mesh GEOM+BGEO morph and output a morph mesh GEOM?

Or is there any other way to see what changes a BGEO morph applies to a base mesh?

I've spent quite a lot of time reading meshing tutorials, but haven't found anything yet on how to convert a BGEO into a morph mesh or any other way to see visually what a BGEO actually does to a base mesh.

Resident wet blanket.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 11:05 PM
Not at this time, but it's one of the things I'm working on for a new meshing tool. If you need it now I can do a quick and dirty version and upload it here, maybe as soon as tomorrow.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 11:21 PM
No hurry. I'll be looking forward to it. Thanks!

Resident wet blanket.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 11:35 PM
Okay, I'll repost in a couple of days, probably.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 5:25 PM
it should be possible with TSRW i think as it generates the morphs on export.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 9:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, BloomsBase, but unfortunately, I don't think TSRW can extract morphs for the vampire teeth. I was hoping to figure out how they were done and how it works because I want to make some buck and snaggly teeth. All I found on how the vampire teeth are done are a few BGEOs (no GEOMs) so I'm guessing they are morphs that work on the original teeth meshes, but I'd like to verify that and also do some experimenting with them.

Resident wet blanket.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 7:55 PM
Guess I should have said a week, LOL, got sidetracked into finishing/fixing a couple of other functions. This is a very pre-beta of my Toolkit - only a few of the functions have been done. Needs more testing, so I'd appreciate feedback on any bugs or problems you find. The function you want is in the BGEO Tools tab / Convert to mesh tab. Needs .NET 2.0 to run - Windows 7 and most Win XP systems should be good to go. In theory at least it should also run on Mac or Unix using Mono. I think all you need to do is extract the files into a folder and run Toolkit.exe, but let me know - this is my first project using C# and .NET so I'm kind of figuring things out as I go.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MeshToolKit_0_0_1_0.zip (88.8 KB, 87 downloads) - View custom content