Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 11:35 PM Last edited by Buzzoffbozo : 19th Apr 2020 at 3:19 AM.
HELP! color/material for sims clothes and accessories take forever to load!
Hi, anyone who can help i'd really appreciate it. So i was just about to make a sim in my sims 3 game and when i went to change the color of the clothes it started on the loading screen for over 30 mins. i have still yet to see it load fully.
you can understand how frustrating that would be. i tend to put specific colors for sims. i do have most nraas mods and cc. if anyone can help i'd be so thankful thank you. P.s I've tried to change the color of different clothes and all of them are having the issue.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 11:53 PM
"Materializing Materials" when you try to cast anything? You have patterns that should not be converted to package doing that. CC patterns made with CAP come only in s3pack form and require fixing if you want to convert them into usable package files. The good thing is creators usually warn you when that's the case. Anyway, to fix this pull out your cc patterns and start looking for the faulty ones. You can easily tell when you open the package file with S3PE - if there's an IMG resource with an instance number 7EDD20633162E6CE, there's your problem. You can then fix them using this method.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzoffbozo
Hi, anyone who can help i'd really appreciate it. So i was just about to make a sim in my sims 3 game and when i went to change the color of the clothes it started on the loading screen for over 30 mins. i have still yet to see it load fully.
you can understand how frustrating that would be. i tend to put specific colors for sims. i do have most nraas mods and cc. if anyone can help i'd be so thankful thank you. P.s I've tried to change the color of different clothes and all of them are having the issue.

I had this problem before and it most certainly caused by CC pattern (don't know if it's a bad or incompatible CC) anyway the only way I fixed this problem is to pinpoint the CC, try removing a huge bulk of you CCs and see if it works again and continue adding the CCs back in small chunk until the problem appears again, the problem is this "bad pattern" can be in any CC like CAS, houses, objects or even as huge as town so it took me some time
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 3:02 AM
Default Wow Thank You!
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
"Materializing Materials" when you try to cast anything? You have patterns that should not be converted to package doing that. CC patterns made with CAP come only in s3pack form and require fixing if you want to convert them into usable package files. The good thing is creators usually warn you when that's the case. Anyway, to fix this pull out your cc patterns and start looking for the faulty ones. You can easily tell when you open the package file with S3PE - if there's an IMG resource with an instance number 7EDD20633162E6CE, there's your problem. You can then fix them using this method.
You are an angel sent from heaven thank you so much, thats exactly what it's doing i will try this later tonight! thank you for taking out time to help me it means so much i was so upset <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluehazard
I had this problem before and it most certainly caused by CC pattern (don't know if it's a bad or incompatible CC) anyway the only way I fixed this problem is to pinpoint the CC, try removing a huge bulk of you CCs and see if it works again and continue adding the CCs back in small chunk until the problem appears again, the problem is this "bad pattern" can be in any CC like CAS, houses, objects or even as huge as town so it took me some time
Thank you! thankfully i have a folder in my objects that's specifically patterns so i believe the problem lies in there. you're a god/goddess thank you for the help <3
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 8:08 AM
Hi, i have deleted all my patterns from my mods folder, deleted cache, and still when i go into game it comes up with materializing materials. I have no cc patterns, ive deleted them all, so why is it still doing this??
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZivvyMeow
Hi, i have deleted all my patterns from my mods folder, deleted cache, and still when i go into game it comes up with materializing materials. I have no cc patterns, ive deleted them all, so why is it still doing this??

are there still other CC installed like lots, objects, cas or custom sims? if there are try to purge all of them first not just custom cc pattern because the problem can be everywhere