Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mod Conflict Detector [Update 03/03/2018]

by DmitryMalfatto Posted 6th Aug 2015 at 1:23 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2018 at 1:01 PM by DmitryMalfatto

965 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 543 Feedback Posts, 421 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 33 of 39
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#801 Old 23rd May 2018 at 10:38 PM
its in diffrent langueg how do i switch it to english
Test Subject
#802 Old 24th May 2018 at 3:45 PM
does this check if mods are outdated as well?
Lab Assistant
#803 Old 24th May 2018 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cocoyoc
does this check if mods are outdated as well?

No, it doesn't.

Origin ID: ScarletQueenKat
SimsVIP Broken/Updated Mod List Keeper - Tracking the status of all mods in the community so you don't have to!
Test Subject
#804 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 2:59 PM
Switching to English
Quote: Originally posted by Meekoz

This is my first post so I may be bad a descriptions...
When I first open the program, there was only one field that you can choose from a drop down menu that selects English. I clicked that, then at the very bottom I clicked the left yellow button "save" in Russian I am guessing. I reopened the program and it is in English now.

I hope that makes sense/helped.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#805 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 1:10 AM
I haven't really even used it thoroughly yet, but I glanced over it. Man so helpful, much needed. I have so many conflicts.
Test Subject
#806 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 6:13 PM
I downloaded this mod detector and it won't start up
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#807 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 1:26 AM
Is it normal to click ignore on a 100 pop ups? Also it crashed just as the scan was complete, then had to fight 100 pop ups again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#808 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 9:07 PM
This is not working for me. It keeps popping up with an error on the left side of the screen and when I scan my mods folder it says "Not Analyzed" for every single file.
Test Subject
#809 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 4:09 PM
Hey will it still work if your on a Macbook?
Test Subject
#810 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:06 AM
When I open it up, and select scan, it has a red frowny face and it says it failed to scan it. And that's on every single file...5-10 seconds later one of my virus prevention thingys pops up saying "WARNING! This download is trying to delete or change your Electronic Arts folder! Do you want to allow or block this?" At first I clicked block because I didn't know what to do! But then it didn't do much because everytime I clicked block the same thing kept popping up asking me the exact same thing...So I just closed the download and uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and the exact same thing happened again. I just tried it again but this time I thought maybe it wouldn't do anything if I clicked allow. It did the exact same thing, only difference is that I clicked allow. And it still ISN'T scanning my mods! I have to have them scanned because when I open up my Sims 4 game it gets to the "Sims 4" Logo screen with the music and it won't load past that. So I figured maybe I could download this too help...But it's not helping? I have had this download before on another PC I had, and it never had this problem...But then again the program looked a lot different. What should I do? Thanks!
THANKS POST
#811 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 6:57 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#812 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 6:49 PM
Can I have the download for the old one?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#813 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 1:09 PM
wowwww thankyou
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#814 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:18 PM
I chose, the mods folder, but only "Resource.cfg" came up. I assure you, I have a lot of mods in there lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#815 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:30 AM
For the people that are having problems using this, the way it worked for me was:

1) Paste all the program files including the separate file for the preferred language into your Mods folder.
2) After clicking the ModConflictDetector application, it will ask you to confirm the settings.
3) Go to the top left of the screen where it says Scan. Of the three scan options, I chose the one that said "Files".
4) Drag and drop the package files from the Mods folder that you wish to scan.
5) Somewhere at the bottom right it will say "Scan", so choose that.
6) Right click the files that come up with conflict instead of "Ready" and choose to delete them. I sent them to the recycle bin. I had to do it for each file separately because I couldn't find a way to delete many at once.

Hope this helps! This app has saved my life many times.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#816 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 7:22 AM
Thank you SO MUCH. Good luck with the move!
Test Subject
#817 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 10:00 PM
Help!!!!!!!!!
is there a way i can select multiple files at once in the older version? you can in the updated version but its not working properly so please help! because this could take hours deleting these mods!!
Test Subject
#818 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by unaequis
For the people that are having problems using this, the way it worked for me was:

1) Paste all the program files including the separate file for the preferred language into your Mods folder.
2) After clicking the ModConflictDetector application, it will ask you to confirm the settings.
3) Go to the top left of the screen where it says Scan. Of the three scan options, I chose the one that said "Files".
4) Drag and drop the package files from the Mods folder that you wish to scan.
5) Somewhere at the bottom right it will say "Scan", so choose that.
6) Right click the files that come up with conflict instead of "Ready" and choose to delete them. I sent them to the recycle bin. I had to do it for each file separately because I couldn't find a way to delete many at once.

Hope this helps! This app has saved my life many times.

UM!!! but what do i do when there or conflict mods in there and it shows up as (not analyzed) I've scanned multiple times and STILL the same thing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#819 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 6:58 PM
Why doesnt it work ? a message keeps popping up saying there is no program .
Test Subject
#820 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 5:43 PM
can you please make a mod conflict detector for Mac pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Test Subject
#821 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Meekoz

you have to delete all the languages except for english
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#822 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 3:51 AM
awesome, thank you ! :D <3
Test Subject
#823 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cherodactyl
Quick update: After choosing the correct directory and run scan started, there have been errors that have occurred. First one being "Unable to load game components disabled by user." followed by "Server error" and finally "File loading error C:\Users\Cherodactyl\Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 4\Mods\ModConflictDetector.exe" The scan is then performed and nothing happens.
At this point, I have gone to settings and had the settings reset. I then removed the ModConflictDetector and its associated files from the Mods folder and placed them in the base Sims 4 folder. I ran it again and set it up like with the initial first run. Since moving it to the base folder the Detector now works exactly as intended and lists any and all conflicts.

Please direct me step by step how you fixed your problem. I'm having a difficult time. I'm having the same problem you had
Where exactly do I place the conflict detector
Lab Assistant
#824 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
Please direct me step by step how you fixed your problem. I'm having a difficult time. I'm having the same problem you had
Where exactly do I place the conflict detector
you put it directly in the Mods folder, the whole folder.
Test Subject
#825 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 10:31 PM
My game stopped working so i used the detector and it said "unable to load game components disabled by user" but when i click on it nothing happens, there's no explanation on what it means and what to do in that case, if anyone explained it to me i would be really thankful since i of course want my game to work again.
I also wanted to say that i found the older versions nicer aesthetically wise, and they were even easier to use for me, the new update might have more options, but it's harder to use and i'm really lost.
Page 33 of 39