Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 8:13 PM Last edited by kiwitangerine : 29th Oct 2021 at 8:58 PM.
Default Trying to change the texture memory number in GraphicsRules, but confused on what to write
Okay so I'm following this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-u...XhFyyAv&index=5

And around minute 17:00, she says to change our texture memory number in graphics rules, based on half the number of our VRAM.
Ex.: you have an 8 GB VRAM, 8000 in MB, so you should write 4096 for the texture memory (that's not exactly the half of 8000, that, I'm confused on too, but that's what everyone says you should put in this case...)

The poster said to look for our VRAM number on google. My graphics card is an Intel(R) UHD graphics and I can't find the VRAM capacity, all I can find is an article about "Intel UHD Graphics 620", but that's not my card.

I have a RAM of 8GB installed, but is the VRAM the same as a RAM? Otherwise, I don't know why we should follow a more complicated process to find out this number when the poster could just tell us to look for it on our computer settings instead of on Google, so I'm figuring out it's in fact not the same thing :/ I'm a bit tech-savvy but I've never heard of the term VRAM...

Edit: I'm adding a screenshot, my computer is in Spanish but I hope it helps a bit? I've looked up how to see my VRAM on my settings and my VRAM is supposed to be that "memoria de vĂ­deo" part, so 128 MB... How is that possible when the video talks about at least 1GB of VRAM :')
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
start over, follow this link instead: https://modthesims.info/showthread....d=1#post4782510

Can't find the device config log even after I reinstalled the game, what can I do?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 11:02 PM
I .... have no idea. If the game loads, it will create a deviceconfig file.

However, getting back to your original question?

The VRAM input in the changes is meaningless. It is just for the sake of triggering the logic in the configuration file, it doesn't actually mean that is how much you use. So you can literally put whatever you want, I suggest 1024 since TS3 will never use beyond that anyways. But the photo you indicated says it can use max of 4096, shared from your ram like all Intel HD.

Understood! I finally found the device log so no worries. I got a question:

Do I change

"card 0x0166 "Mobile IvyBridge GT2"

to my card? Or do I directly just put my card without changing anything? Sorry, even if you wrote down an alternative for Intel cards, I'm still a bit confused.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 12:56 AM
uh we are not permitted to answer any questions pertaining to piracy.

I see, thank you.