Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 5:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Problem with SuperPatch download link
Hello. It's been awhile but I finally have my new computer running smoothly and the last of TS3 Ep's on a disk was found. Now, before starting to install the whole game again, I came to download the 1.67 SuperPatch but... Every time I click the download link, I get red flags and a message: "File not downloaded. Possible security risk." And "File uses an unsafe connection. File may have been damaged or tampered with."

Is there something wrong with the file or is this problem in my end? I just want to be sure before I start tweaking any of the settings in my computer. Below is a pic of the file I'm trying to download. I think it's the right one.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorceress Supreme
Hello. It's been awhile but I finally have my new computer running smoothly and the last of TS3 Ep's on a disk was found. Now, before starting to install the whole game again, I came to download the 1.67 SuperPatch but... Every time I click the download link, I get red flags and a message: "File not downloaded. Possible security risk." And "File uses an unsafe connection. File may have been damaged or tampered with."

Is there something wrong with the file or is this problem in my end? I just want to be sure before I start tweaking any of the settings in my computer. Below is a pic of the file I'm trying to download. I think it's the right one.

Sounds like your antivirus is flagging it as a suspicious download. Definitely a false positive though, the download link is the actual one from EA.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 6:22 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 3rd Dec 2021 at 12:03 PM.
Ah, good to know that original file is good to go. I'm still familiarizing myself with my new rig/system and it seems now I have to take a dive into the antivirus settings. Thank you.