Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 10:14 AM
Default 2 Potential Sims! Italian gangster and Japanese wannabe chef!
Hello everybody! It's been a while since I made a sim, so I thought "I wanna make a new one!" but then two ideas popped up and I just can't choose between the two. If they are good to upload, they will be uploaded separately, as they are two totally different sims. Okay, let's get going!

Danny Rivetti - A respectful but dangerous young man...

This is Danny. So far the best sim I ever created, IMO. But there is something that I feel that is missing. I don't know what that is but I just know it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaori Akiyama - A talented young woman with a knack for cooking but not quite easygoing with others

I just think that she doesn't look Japanese/Asian enough. Any advice on making her look more, oh shall I say, "authentic"?

*insert original signature here*
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 1:24 PM
Ahh, these are wonderful sims. Make sure to let me know when you put them up for download.. okay, now:

As for Danny, I think you need to make his body a little bigger.. in the sense that I think his legs are tiny and I wonder how he'd survive all those missions. =P Crank up the weight and muscle sliders. =DD

And for Kaori, I think she looks good but perhaps make her face a little 'rounder' and bring her lips down in scale just a tad. She's almost there.
Instructor
#3 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 10:52 AM
I think her eyes and nose are the "problem". Flatter, wider nose and lower (perhaps wider) eyelids should help, if that made sense? Loving her mouth.
Instructor
#4 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 9:13 PM
Gosh! I spend so much time making look-alike sims that I'm pretty useless when it comes to non-look-alikes! I do like where you are going with these two. I look forward to seeing more of what you do with them.
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 6:37 AM
I like Danny a lot! I'd agree that he could stand to gain some weight/muscle, though. Are you using the default EA beauty mark? I wonder if something more subtle would suit him better... there are some pretty good freckles/moles available here if you're interested.

As for Kaori, it might help if you took a look at some of the sims in the downloads section tagged "asian." I don't mean that in a copycat kind of way, but you can see some good examples of asian sims there and maybe get a better idea of how to achieve the look you're going for. Alternatively, you could do an image search to find examples of a Japanese woman's facial features and figure it out that way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 10:35 AM
Okay, I finally got to updating them today and here are the results! :D

Danny - no significant change except for his body and added freckles/moles. Contacts change also. Still need feedback on the face.

Kaori - Mid-Major reconstructive surgery was done so she could look more Japanese like. Changed her skintone also. She looks close but I need confirmation on whether she looks truly Japanese or whatever.

That's all for now :D
Screenshots

Instructor
#7 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 5:46 PM
Ooooh! He's smexy! I wouldn't change him a bit. For her, I don't know that I"m going to be much help, but I'd say here nose/mouth area needs some refinement. Her mouth is too... "puffy" (bee-stung lips?) And the bulb of her nose seems a bit too big. And perhaps move the nostril definition slider a tiny bit to the right?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 6:00 PM
Can I make a tiny suggestion? Not so much changes to the faces (because I think they're awesome, especially the guy - I agree with k2m1too's suggestions on the girl though) but... when uploading, I would leave off the bit about their nationality. Because no matter how close they are to a particular individual who is 100% of that nationality, you will have -somebody- whining about how he doesn't look Italian and she doesn't look Japanese and it's just a pain in the ass to deal with. IMO, better to just upload them as interesting sims with their own backstory, and not bring up nationality at all.

Of course, this is purely a suggestion, not at all mandatory in the upload process, but just the voice of experience, seeing maaaaany sim upload comments get derailed by "But I am X nationality and she doesn't look anything like X nationality!!!" and the "OMG she looks just like all my friends from there, you don't know what you're talking about!" type argumentative responses.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#9 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 3:45 PM
As of right now, I do think Danny is the best sim you have ever created He looks fine to upload.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 1:47 AM
Sorry for not replying for so long, but I have recently lost interest in the sims 3
I'll be sure to do something with them soon. Sorry for the long wait.

Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: old - will re-open if requested