Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Numenorean Hibernation Cell (Aspiration reward OR Buyable) - *UPD 08 NOV 2006*

by Numenor Posted 31st Oct 2005 at 12:03 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 12:14 PM by -Maylin-

475 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 458 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 20
Test Subject
#51 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 5:09 AM
Totally 100% awsome. You rock

~*Jack: Sawyer, you know how to use a gun?
Sawyer: There's a polar bear that thinks so. *~

~*Hurley:[to Sawyer, commenting on his glasses] Dude! Looks like
someone steamrolled Harry Potter!*~
Instructor
#52 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 5:19 AM
How very lovely!! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 6:37 AM
This is an awesome item, Numenor. It's soooo.....I am afraid to try it, but I am. Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

Live each day like it's your last!

Test Subject
#54 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 7:19 AM
Default Thanks
This great thanks so much
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anissa
Looked like a Tanning Bed before I read the description.
(A Tanning bed would be cool for a Sim Spa)
Good idea

Quote: Originally posted by PatchesSim2
Question: you said it takes care of needs by slowly raising them, so does that mean vampires will still be toasted? (faster need decay in sunlight)
When you enter the Hibernator, even if it's placed outside, in direct sunlight, will stop the decaying process and will start the slow regeneration. The only odd thing I could notice is that if a vampire is "smoking" when entering the Hibernator, he will keep "smoking" for the whole hibernation process, even during the night.
It may be a good idea for an "emergency crypt", to be used when a vampire is caught by dawn while visiting a community lot...

Quote: Originally posted by Seven4six58three
I was going to try it using the aspirationpionts cheat, but with this object the cheat no longer is functional.
I tried, and it worked for me: I had only 50 aspiration points, and all the rewards were greyed out; then I typed in the cheat box aspirationpoints 25000 and suddely my aspiration points raised to 25000, and I could pick the Hibernator from the catalog.

Quote: Originally posted by DiamndPrincz
I am afraid to try it, but I am.
I'm not sure to have understood, but in any case you can safely use this object: it's internal routines are quite simple, and I'm sure they can't damage your game, at any rate.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 8:57 AM
Undoubtably one of the most original new objects i've ever seen! Thank you for all your marvelous hard work!
Instructor
#57 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 9:04 AM
Thank you! I'll try it out!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 9:31 AM
um, numenor, since you are so knowable about sims and all....*looks embarrased and fiddles with hair*
can you answer this question that the chamber made me think of...
can sims sleep on a diagonal, you know, feet near the floor, head towards the celing like \ this symbol?
it just suddenly occured to me, what if it was possible, i could find someone to make Mimbari beds from babylon5 ^^

i bet its not, but hey, if the bunks can be made to work with top bedding (the grand trianon ones anyway lol) maybe its possible?
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 9:33 AM
Amazing! I am so excited to try it out. Thank you

"I'm an instant star. Just add water and stir." -David Bowie
Test Subject
#60 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 9:45 AM
brillent!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rayea
Can sims sleep on a diagonal, you know, feet near the floor, head towards the celing like \ this symbol? [...]
i bet its not, but hey, if the bunks can be made to work with top bedding (the grand trianon ones anyway lol) maybe its possible?

The main problem, in my opinion, are the animations, especially the ones related to sims (not objects): a "diagonal" sleeping animation would be quite difficult to do, with the currently existing tecniques; it's impossible for me, in any case.
The bunk beds, for example, use the original Maxis animations.
I'm sorry, but what you ask can't be done

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#62 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 9:59 AM
My Ripley sim can now see Newts grandchildren. lol
THank you!

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.
Not just pretty words." -Addams Family
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 10:53 AM
The grace of the Valar is truly upon you Numenor. You said you're proud of this item, and you damn well SHOULD be. Great job neighbor, great job! If you ever come to Greece (thus the term neighbor ) lemme buy you a couple of beers or three! Or would you prefer ouzo?

Let the Beast inside you free!
Field Researcher
#64 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 10:55 AM
This is a grand idea, Numenor! Quite clever - and something I certainly never would have thought of (not that that's saying much ), even as a request or something...

Oh, and AnnieBonnie - I love your avatar! Ever After rocks! :D
Field Researcher
#65 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 11:25 AM
OK, silly question I know, but I need to ask it. When a Sim is in one of these, will they still appear on downtown lots, walk-by houses, be brought on outings, etc.? Also, what will happen to their relationships, will they deteriorate if they can't keep in touch, or do they have use of their cellphones in these beds?!

I really like the look of this (even though it goes completely against my principles of having all my Sims age chronologically), but the realism is going to be spoilt a bit if the Sim is still wandering around or making phone calls when they're supposed to be in suspended animation!

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrBeast
The grace of the Valar is truly upon you Numenor. You said you're proud of this item, and you damn well SHOULD be. Great job neighbor, great job! If you ever come to Greece (thus the term neighbor ) lemme buy you a couple of beers or three! Or would you prefer ouzo?

You're too kind... Actually, we are probably more "neighbors" that you may think, because I live in Brindisi, the major port to Greece!
Ouzo isn't the "official" drink of Lesbos? I've never tasted it, I'm curious... But please, don't let me eat feta, I'm sorry but I really can't stand it

Field Researcher
#67 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 12:13 PM
Freakishly cool T_T *luffs*
Alchemist
#68 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 12:44 PM
That is so awesome! I have sims who wish to be saved from death...well this is a way to start

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#69 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 1:17 PM
You never stop outdoing yourself dear- Incredibly original and unique

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:13 PM
this is so cool...thanks!

Clara Irene Duplago 12/9/29-6/7/05
Always a smile, instead of a frown,
Always a hand, when one is down,
Always true, thoughtful, and kind,
Wonderful memories she left behind~author unknown
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#71 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rayea
um, numenor, since you are so knowable about sims and all....*looks embarrased and fiddles with hair*
can you answer this question that the chamber made me think of...
can sims sleep on a diagonal, you know, feet near the floor, head towards the celing like \ this symbol?
it just suddenly occured to me, what if it was possible, i could find someone to make Mimbari beds from babylon5 ^^

Actually it IS theoretically possible. if i were to do it i'd change the resource node in the correct places adjusting the angle, etc. see pic
Screenshots
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:54 PM
Yes, but this would create (I'm not sure...) a weird effect: the sim will move as if the bed is horizontal, and then, at the end of the animation, he will "snap" into a diagonal position. Or not?

Tentacle Of Righteousness
#73 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 3:17 PM
well, my thoughts were to edit the gmdc/mesh make the bed sit upright (vertical) then change the angles/quaternation as needed
and i was thinking your great object here, and or a coffin would be easiest as there is less to mess with in the resource node
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#74 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 3:22 PM
wow! i don't even know what to say! this is great! and it does look like a tanning bed
Field Researcher
#75 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 3:27 PM
Can I say I Love You? I've always wanted something like this and your actual product turned out much better than anything I could have imagined. Oh, thank you, thank you for this. I wish more people would make Sci-fi/futuristic items like these. I love it!

What you keep deep down inside,
You don't know what will be.
Looking for you in darkened corners,
Descend into madness with me.
Page 3 of 20