Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Country Windows

by HugeLunatic Posted 15th Jun 2010 at 6:20 PM - Updated 5th Nov 2010 at 7:38 PM by HugeLunatic : Updated files

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#26 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 4:57 PM Last edited by Anach : 28th Oct 2010 at 6:03 PM.
I too am getting crashes with the new patch. I came here to look for a fix. I am unsure which specific window it is yet as it takes quite some time to test. All I can say currently is the game CTD on load with the HL windows installed.

I'll re-download the set and see if I can narrow it down to the same window rian90 posted.

Ok have tested again. I tried removing only the "HL_CountryWindow.package" as rian90 stated, but it still crashed with the other Country windows. I also noticed that loading times were also increased considerably. I went to make a coffee and the loading bar hadn't even started to move.

I've tested this set with merged an non-merged packages and had the same experience.

Further note. I use all your other window sets, none of which have caused any crashes as of yet, but during testing the Country set, I did notice that loading times decreased considerably for each set I removed. Merged or otherwise. Not as much as what the Country set did, but still noticeable.

Hopefully you can work out the issue and fix it. I've used your windows for my main house and don't want to do without them.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#27 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 7:35 PM
The only crash I can produce with these windows is in a previously saved house. If I remove the windows, enter the house, save, then restart the game I can replace the windows fine. None of these windows crash my game nor are they missing wall masks.

During your testing be sure to test with ONLY these windows.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The only crash I can produce with these windows is in a previously saved house. If I remove the windows, enter the house, save, then restart the game I can replace the windows fine. None of these windows crash my game nor are they missing wall masks.

After I tracked the problem to my build catalog, I did try just those windows just to be sure.

I didn't test removing the windows, saving then reinstalling the windows. I shall give that a go. Spent so long trying to find the source of the crash that I wasn't particularly interested in trying to fix it.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:32 AM Last edited by Anach : 29th Oct 2010 at 2:03 PM.

I tried your suggestion, however, when trying to place the 2 tile wide, privacy window (HL_CountryPrivacy2x1) the game CTD. I am unsure if any other windows are affected, however the probability is high as my problem is with a different window than reported earlier by the other member.

*edit*
After being able to build with the remaining country windows, I am back to crashing upon loading with them installed. So once again I will have to remove the mod unfortunately.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#30 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 9:36 PM
I tried your method as well and it crashed my game. I have given up and cannot use your windows. Hudy was able to fix the wall masks and his work now. I hope you will be able to figure it out. Thanks for trying.
Test Subject
#31 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 3:54 PM
I'm so sad I cannot use your windows since Late Night I love these so much
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 7:40 PM
Updated all wall masks.

Since this wasn't crashing my game I can't test for crashing. I'm still skeptical that is the issue because it makes no sense why some games crash and others don't. But if anyone who was experiencing crashing can test these it would be awesome.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 8:18 PM Last edited by Anach : 6th Nov 2010 at 3:12 AM.
Updated all wall masks.

Since this wasn't crashing my game I can't test for crashing. I'm still skeptical that is the issue because it makes no sense why some games crash and others don't. But if anyone who was experiencing crashing can test these it would be awesome.

Checking now.

*Edit*

So far all working fine here.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 10:50 PM
Thank you! Your windows were not the only ones that crashed my games. I believe you were correct in your thinking that it had to do with saved lots but once one lot crashed, the windows were unusable in my game. I have not yet tested yours since I just saw the update but the other windows that once crashed my game no longer do since the masks were fixed. So I assume the two were related. Thank you very much for the update! I really like these windows.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 8:18 PM
Thanks for updating these! I was having a lot of cc windows related CTDs so I had to delete them all and I'm now reloading. Yours are the first to re-upload so again Thanks for updating!!! (love you...)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#36 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 9:41 PM
HugeLunatic,a huge Thank you for updating your windows.Now we can enjoy them again.Hourrah !
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 10:24 PM
Still having problems with "window country privacy 2x1". It's not crashing my game, but it is making all walls disappear on placement. Tested each other window of the set and they seem to be working fine.

I'm patched, base-WA-AMB-HELS, no LN.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 10:45 PM
I was building a house last night when I discovered I had these ... they are wonderful! I have a feeling the local store better stock up because there will be a LOT of houses using these! lol Thank you.
Test Subject
#39 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 12:12 AM
I really love these windows, but i have to say that i am having the same problem with the HL_CountryWindow.package. I have a house that i used these windows on and everything was fine until the update and then after, everytime I opened that house my windows would not load right and when I would move the cursor any where near them, I would crash. when i took them out i didnt crash anymore. i havent tried to reinstall them yet because i dont want to crash anymore. do you recommend that i do so.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#40 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 1:37 AM
faith - Any house saved with the previous windows will more than likely never load again. Remove the old files from your downloads, enter the house with the windows and then save and exit. Then put the new files in your downlaods folder. You will need to replace any windows but the lot won't be totally borked.

Kari - I'm not able to reproduce that issue. Please provide a pic so I can verify it's not the ATI graphics bug with walls.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 3:09 AM
HugeLunatic

I am so unbelieveably sorry to bother you but I wanted to let you know I as well am having crashing issues with these windows (which are my favorite). I took them out, loaded the game, and all was fine. I saved and quit. I put the windows back in the game, loaded the game put the windows back in my house, saved and quit. Went back into the game and some of the windows show up fine but others show patchy clear rectengular spots and nothing else and then I crash.

The shore is my heart, the waves my spirit and the sea my soul.
--Areil Megan Delphinus (SKP)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
Test Subject
#43 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 5:21 PM
Those Windows make my game crash, I figured it out ever since I installed Late Night. They have been doing that, can you update it for Late Night??, I love those windows.

Edit: OOPS, Didn't realize other have posted similar thread to mine. Sorry, will try downloading them again and trying to see if it works. Hopefully it does. They are my Favorite too.

Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 8:27 AM
Sims3 Dashboard v1.2.3928.16879 reported conflicts between:

HL_CountryWindow2x1.package
HL_CountryTall2x1.package
HL_CountryPrivacy2x1.package

Not sure if this should raise any alarm.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#45 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 5:00 AM
I have re-downloaded these windows as they used to cause issues for me as well. They work beautifully now and I love them. One teeny suggestion though, from a HL creations lover? Please make single versions that can sit centered on 2 tiles. Pretty, pretty please. I feel like those are the only thing missing in this set. Although I do love the idea as flower boxes as separate deco objects, I can live without them.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#46 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 12:51 PM
window2x1
tall2x1
privacy2x1
All came up conflicted on the dash board just so you know

Edit, I see other people are having this issue also sorry
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#47 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 5:03 PM
Yea they don't really conflict though in game. I think it was an xml file that conflicted, which is harmless (in this instance). If you combine all these windows into one package file, they no longer show any conflicts.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#48 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 12:22 PM
hmmmm - I thought it was conflicting because my game went back to not progressing in work and went back to friends once married but I could be wrong lol
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 1:36 PM
These windows cause my game to crash too
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 8:30 PM
I love these winsdows - thanks so much for creating. However, now with Pets installed these windows don't show up for me. I've re-downloaded and still have the same problem. Can these be patched/fixed if they haven't been already so I can enjoy them in my game again?
Thanks again!
Page 2 of 3