Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#126 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
So, besides the usual, "kissing the air" animation problem, I actually noticed something interesting. The "caress cheek", "kiss hands", "whisper sweet nothings" interactions actually have valid animations no matter what the height of a sim is. Why is that possible, but hugging and kissing isn't? (lazy EA)

That's because of how the different animations work. The kissing and hugging animations are set, complete animations with defined positions. The ones that involve Sims touching other Sims with their hands use IK points (I think they were called) that act like magnets.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 7:11 PM
Just a thought, any chance you could make the console commands able to include a target Sims' name so that you can change the height of Sims not in the active family?

Mad Poster
#128 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
That's because of how the different animations work. The kissing and hugging animations are set, complete animations with defined positions. The ones that involve Sims touching other Sims with their hands use IK points (I think they were called) that act like magnets.

And yet, the animators couldn't be bothered to make SimLips magnetic? That's ruined so many screenshots. OTOH, it's probably nothing modding can't fix.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#129 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
And yet, the animators couldn't be bothered to make SimLips magnetic? That's ruined so many screenshots. OTOH, it's probably nothing modding can't fix.

I think it's because it doesn't look weird for the arm to move to differing heights. The arm can naturally do that. If kissing worked in the same way it might cause the Sim to stretch or compress in strange ways as it isn't just a single part of the body that would need to calculate movement.

Test Subject
#130 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 11:54 PM
Do you think it would be possible to extend the scale beyond 100 and -100 to make even taller and shorter sims?
Top Secret Researcher
#131 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 10:35 PM
I think it's because it doesn't look weird for the arm to move to differing heights. The arm can naturally do that. If kissing worked in the same way it might cause the Sim to stretch or compress in strange ways as it isn't just a single part of the body that would need to calculate movement.

Yeah, I guess that head moving with rig set to 1 and neck set to 0.5 won't do the work as animation would probably look kind of like a glitch. But they could determine how much is needed to move the shoulders down. For that, however, a better rig is needed, which they probably won't bother making.
Mad Poster
#132 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 11:19 PM

But if you want to kiss someone that's shorter or taller than you, you just need to tilt your head up or down. If hands can be anchored to line up with another Sim, surely lips can? To prove my point, this screenshot. Despite a height difference of about 6', all I had to do was adjust the neck and head.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#133 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 9:08 AM
So i have it installed and both script mods and custom content checked.

i created my sim and moved into a furnished home.

i then press ctrl shift c to bring up the cheat box in top left corner...

in the cheat box i type add_slider Height -50

i press enter but nothing happens.

do i need to enable cheats? is what i typed even correct?

i have gone through the entire thread from OP to here and nobody has any answers that i can find that help me.
Test Subject
#134 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 10:22 PM
I have had a similar problem. mine seems to be changing one of my sims in a way taller scale than my other ones. I don't know if this has to do with genetics, but when I try to shorten one of my female sims who is in the same age group as another one of my sims to the same height she is still significantly taller. Am I missing something in the cheats or something. I'm confused as why my other sims can get so much shorter than her! Please help :P

Ps when I use add_slider height -100 she is about the same size as my other girls at add_slider height 30 . She looks like a giant when I add a tall slider. Hehe
Mad Poster
#135 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 11:40 PM
Can we expect another update to this any time soon? Maybe soon after the next patch lands on March 22nd? Hopefully the actual meaning of "soon" as well, not the EA definition.

Lab Assistant
#136 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 11:55 PM
Thank you v0.06.1. ! (Merci)
Scholar
#137 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 8:41 AM
The genetics definitely work in the old mod but not in this one.
Instructor
#138 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 1:18 AM
It doesn't want to stay with an alien sim cause when I type the slider height it goes to the height but when I go to a different lot or put on his disguise and remove it he shrinks back down to the default size.
Test Subject
#139 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 9:06 PM Last edited by Colorkiller : 24th Mar 2016 at 9:36 PM.
I'm afraid the stable version no longer works with the 2nd March patch. Neither does the "beta" version. I tried both.
Strangely enough though my shorter sims have remained short even after the update.
Test Subject
#140 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Colorkiller
I'm afraid the stable version no longer works with the 2nd March patch. Neither does the "beta" version. I tried both.
Strangely enough though my shorter sims have remained short even after the update.

The beta (latest version) Works for me
Still without the hands slider, but everything else works like a charm! (The photos are from yesterday)
Test Subject
#141 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 10:22 PM
Same thing here, the mod version 0.04 (stable version) is still working with the new game update 1.16.61.1020.
Test Subject
#142 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 6:33 AM Last edited by lekiscool : 29th Mar 2016 at 5:01 AM.
Default Gradual Growth
I have only used the latest version of the mod, v0.06.1.zip but the gradual growth does not seem to be working, all the children sims are the same height and they are different ages.
Is there a command for gradual growth I should use? or does it work better in an earlier mod?

I did type in "rhall" and "rhone" and these did not seem to work. Is there more to the command?

Otherwise great mod, not other issues to report.

Edit: I removed all the mods from my folder and put them back in and rhall worked. I'm unsure if the height is passing genetically, since you mentioned a bug. I did however change the height of the teens I think that works just as well.
Mad Poster
#143 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 9:01 AM
Hm, I wish the sliders actually worked for me. I've double checked, there's no reason they shouldn't be working.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#144 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
Hm, I wish the sliders actually worked for me. I've double checked, there's no reason they shouldn't be working.

Have you checked your in-game options in Advanced? there's 2 options for Mods.
Mad Poster
#145 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaiden
Have you checked your in-game options in Advanced? there's 2 options for Mods.

I don't need basic game information, thanks. I'm the evil overlord of a subreddit for "advanced, hardcore, serious" Simmers, I of all people should know what I'm doing.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#146 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 3:10 AM
they aren't working for me still. i put in the height command and nothing happens.
Test Subject
#147 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 4:42 PM
The beta (latest version) Works for me Still without the hands slider, but everything else works like a charm! (The photos are from yesterday)

Are you running the 32bit or the 64bit?
Test Subject
#148 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 5:47 PM
Are you running the 32bit or the 64bit?

The 64-bit
Test Subject
#149 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 8:00 PM
The 64-bit

And here I thought I'd figured it out! DX It only works for me in the 32bit and not the 64bit I generally run.
I put in the code: add_slider height -80, in the 64bit and nothing happens, but i put in the same code in the 32bit version and I get the the confirmation (can't remember what it says) and my sims are at the height I want.

Blarg! DX
Test Subject
#150 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 8:33 PM
And here I thought I'd figured it out! DX It only works for me in the 32bit and not the 64bit I generally run.
I put in the code: add_slider height -80, in the 64bit and nothing happens, but i put in the same code in the 32bit version and I get the the confirmation (can't remember what it says) and my sims are at the height I want.

Blarg! DX

Height-Neck works for me, Bulge/Hands doesn't.
Page 6 of 44