Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 7:52 PM
Default Any way to make sculpturified ice sculptures not melt?
I decided to make a snow castle, filled full of ice furniture. I used the debug interaction, Sculpturify, to turn many furniture and build/buy items into ice sculptures. I used Awesomemod to enable the debug interactions, but debug interactions themselves aren't Awesomemod specific. They were items like doors, arches, and light fixtures. This worked out great, but after something like 3 sim days, everything melts! Is there a debug interaction or command to make these things never melt? These are things that sims can't sculpt.

Resident wet blanket.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 7:57 PM
sculpting challenge: Make 25 ice sculptures, they'll no longer melt (J key)
Theorist
#3 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:04 PM
Yes, I found out today actually

Go to buy mode, and ctrl shft click the statue and clone.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:27 PM
I guess I may have had wording fail in my initial post. My point is these are items a sim cannot possibly learn to sculpt, like light fixtures, beds, doors, arched doorways, etc. The only way for them to exist as ice sculptures is to use debug interactions and Sculpturify.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I guess I may have had wording fail in my initial post. My point is these are items a sim cannot possibly learn to sculpt, like light fixtures, beds, doors, arched doorways, etc. The only way for them to exist as ice sculptures is to use debug interactions and Sculpturify.
Quote: Originally posted by Exyll
sculpting challenge: Make 25 ice sculptures, they'll no longer melt (J key)

Then complete this challenge and the sculturify your stuff.

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
The other one
#6 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 1:08 AM
what is this sculpturify? Can you use it as a normal cheat or is it a downloadable mod?

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 6:44 PM
There are mods that allow you to sculpt additional items, maybe you could find, or ask to have written a mod that allows you to sculpt light fixtures etc. I am not sure how you would then use these items in your hotel, though. I suspect someone would have to hunt up the code that prevents melting and make a mod for you.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
what is this sculpturify? Can you use it as a normal cheat or is it a downloadable mod?

Unlocking the debugging mode give you a menu where you can scupltify pretty much everything. As far as I know you need to use mods to unlock debugging mode. I used Tallwans debugger, but I think MATY has one too?
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Six_by_Nine
Then complete this challenge and the sculturify your stuff.

Thanks, that actually worked. I didn't think it would matter which sim was selected since debug commands often don't care, but it did work.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 7:55 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 3rd Apr 2020 at 10:19 PM.
Apologies for bumping this back up, but would these sculptures still stay frozen in one world even if I move the sculptor sim out?

Heard that the information is tied to the sculptor, and that even sims who die can end up with melted sculptures.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 11:19 PM
Theorically, it shouldn't. Every world is registered in one save regardless what world sim is moved in.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 3:23 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 5th Apr 2020 at 5:31 PM.
Ok confirmed- ice sculptures created using NRAAS Debugger + while a sculptor with the Ice sculpting skill perk unlocked won't melt, even after I use NRAAS TA to remove said sculptor from savegame.

Super useful if you're interested in stuff like Ice Castles and the like.