Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 11:56 AM
Default Horses as main means of transportation?
Kind of an interesting I thought of: perhaps you have incorporate in medieval setting, be it time or world/town it operates, but have your sim or/and the citizens of the world used their personal horses for riding purposes other than modern vehicles like cars ?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 4:49 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 31st Mar 2019 at 5:15 PM.
It is possible if you make a world without roads in CAW, or edit some NRAAS settings to prohibit cars.

It would be ideal, but without tuning to make sims autonomously use their horses as opposed to running around, or ways for kids and babies to ride (in wagons and whatnot), some of immersion is removed.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 11:06 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean but I saw a wedding carriage conversion here at MTS in an old WCIF post. I downloaded it and you could recolor the carriage but the horses looked bad if they were anything but original white. Equus Sims CC database may have more info or links to what you may be seeking.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 4:49 AM
Danjaley has also just released a set of donkey wagons here: http://danjaley.tumblr.com/post/183...-are-historical

They aren't animated, but they should do in a pinch.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 5:55 PM
I wonder if retuner could add the ability for sims to use their horses instead of cars. I mostly play medieval and period style games with no roads, and I would love if that was a option.. I've seen sims autonomously use their horses in Appaloosa Plains, but never in custom worlds.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 6:15 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 3rd Apr 2019 at 6:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
I wonder if retuner could add the ability for sims to use their horses instead of cars. I mostly play medieval and period style games with no roads, and I would love if that was a option.. I've seen sims autonomously use their horses in Appaloosa Plains, but never in custom worlds.

Interesting, I wonder if there's some world code determining this?

It's sort of the same way how there's some specific world ambient sounds that happen only in IP and WA's worlds.

Edit: Some notes here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=461544

Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
I'm sure it can and will be done. You've also got to be aware of this, though: Sims won't autonomously ride a horse unless they have riding skill. Even if they own a horse. So you could add a horse to every household in town and they still wouldn't use it. *rolls eyes*

So, yeah, someone needs to make a mod that gets rid of the stupid riding skill issue and advertises horses as a means of transportation.
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
It has nothing to do with traits. Sims may occasionally autonomously ride their horse if they have enough riding skill to operate the horse at full speed, as determined by a random chance tunable. Horses, however, are not like cars, and therefore it is very difficult to teach a sim to use their horse as a vehicle. The process is currently being explored in AwesomeMod, however: Supreme Commander currently has rudimentary horse-handling routines that will allow a sim to use a horse if available, and a Supreme Commander For Horses that will tend to keep the horse satisfied and keep it from wandering off so you can't use it.
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
The ITUNs on this have the following:

<Change type="TraitEquestrian" advertised="200" locked="True" actual="200" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />
<Change type="TraitLovesTheOutdoors" advertised="200" locked="True" actual="200" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

This is used to attempt to push sims with these two TRAITS to ride horses (if they have one).

One of the XMLs has this:

<kLevelForUsingHorsesAsPreferredVehicle value="0">
<!--Range: 1 - 10 Description: Minimum Riding Skill Level for Using horse as preferred vehicle-->
</kLevelForUsingHorsesAsPreferredVehicle>

Which almost implies that horses are supposed to be sort of like CARS.

Maybe if you set all Non-player controlled sims' riding skills to 1-2, would that work?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 12:15 AM
I'd like to say that after reading the above quotes, I've never had an issue with sims autonomously riding their horses!

I played in a roadless word for a long time. I developed each household as I went. Some sims had the Equestrian trait, others didn't.

The key to sims riding their horses regularly is a high relationship level. I never use mods to enhance riding skills or anything to do with horses except the mod to correct the 'gallop' animation and I would regularly see sims riding their 'friends' all over town. The horses and sims with high riding and relationship skills were the most often seen, but I still saw my other sims riding their horses backwards

I remember households in Appaloosa plains where sims would be seen riding their horses regularly. I feel it's more about relationship building
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 1:50 AM
Hey wasn't there a horse service mod? Ahh yes found it http://modthesims.info/d/588077/hor...ng-service.html

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Field Researcher
#11 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I like to know what is the secret to this b/c I've never seen it except in Ziwa Bonde. I have several households in Riverview that have horses and all I see is horses taking water taxi across river to visit the local night clubs.

I also like to know if there's something about NPC autonomously walking dogs too. In all my years, I've only seen it done twice and almost every household has a dog. If there is mod out there, I'd love to have it.

I did share my secrets High Relationship Level! You said you've seen it in Ziwa Bonde, so did I, and not just in Ziwa Bonde.

Same for dogs, I've seen many of my townies regularly walk their dogs on the leash. I gave them leashes of course, and their relationship with their dogs was high. Developing your households leads to all sorts of interesting things
Mad Poster
#13 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 3:59 AM
At the risk of sounding like someone who has never played with Pets before, how does one give sims leashes? I thought they just materialized out of thin air when a sim takes their dog for a walk.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
At the risk of sounding like someone who has never played with Pets before, how does one give sims leashes? I thought they just materialized out of thin air when a sim takes their dog for a walk.

Oh yes, your quite right! There is one available to buy though, but it's probably only deco, I never thought about it because I always just give my households one *embarrassed face*
Mad Poster
#15 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen
Oh yes, your quite right! There is one available to buy though, but it's probably only deco, I never thought about it because I always just give my households one *embarrassed face*

No need for embarrassment, that sounds like an easy mistake. There are so may facets to this game that I just assumed I had overlooked or forgotten something I once knew. Sometimes I open up my game, just stare at it for a while, and scream out, "How the heck do you play this thing again?!" (not that anyone else can hear me, as far as I know)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I have several households in Riverview that have horses and all I see is horses taking water taxi across river to visit the local night clubs.

Upload that to youtube or I don't believe you. Lol, but it does sound like The Sims 3 alike. Maybe a gif.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#17 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 9:05 AM
It was probably horse night at the club, half price drinks and all.