Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2010 at 10:17 PM
Default We can now adjust the opacity of makeup
I thought I'd mention this because a lot of people don't know. The strategy guide mentions one of the new cas features lets us now adjust the opacity of makeup. It uses eyeshadow for example and says you can now lighten it or make it darker. Just another cool feature we'll be getting in this game.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st May 2010 at 10:30 PM
Wonder how this will affect all the custom makeup out there. Sounds like a very cool feature though.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 3:13 AM
awesome!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 1:06 PM
This is something I'd really like to have. I always seem to have trouble making lighter makeup.

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 2:16 PM
works OK with custom makeup~
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neo-Nightmare
works OK with custom makeup~

So you've used it? Can you adjust the opacity of lipstick as well?
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 4:40 PM
Yes, you can. You can change it for eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush and lipstick. I've found it VERY useful, it's a great new feature.
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chadologic
Yes, you can. You can change it for eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush and lipstick. I've found it VERY useful, it's a great new feature.

Beat me to it.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:03 AM
I just don't understand why we can make makeup or tattoos be completely transparent. Why even have the tat or makeup if it's totally invisible? But I do like being able to make them darker or a little lighter so they look faded

----->Sleep is for people that have never played Sims<-----
----->Maybe people should actually try Sims 4 before they criticize it. It's my favorite Sims so far.<-----
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:13 AM
By adjusting the opacity, you can make it as fade or as dark as you like. Of course none would make a completely transparent makeup or tattoos, thats just stupid.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:15 PM
@emino not really. When your sim wants a tattoo and you don't want too see your sim wearing one, make it transparent. (:
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:18 PM
It's one of the best new features--it's so much easier to make natural looking lips without fiddling with all the colors.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by des-demmonia
@emino not really. When your sim wants a tattoo and you don't want too see your sim wearing one, make it transparent. (:

too much works just to satisfy a want. i''l just abolish that wants and hope something better rolls up.
Instructor
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:16 PM
The new function is great, even the EA makeup looks useable now.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 11:51 PM
Now our boys and men can sport some rosey cheeks and lipbalm without looking like drag-queens ingame. YAY.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 12:38 AM
^My thoughts exactly. My males where so plain-faced and most of my females didn't wear blush cause of the opacity of the makeup. It's just too dark the old way.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 12:31 AM
If anyone is here, how do you get the opacity slider? I don't see mine and most of my makeup and tattoos are very light like barely there. I want my tattoos to show up.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neshaw87
If anyone is here, how do you get the opacity slider? I don't see mine and most of my makeup and tattoos are very light like barely there. I want my tattoos to show up.

It's a slider. Do you have this?

Man, this thread was 7 years old. Best to start a new thread.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 1:50 AM
ITTF has some neat eyeshadows. Shame I never got the EP. Maybe another time....

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 7:05 PM
Still waiting for TS4 to get this feature. The makeup is a bitch right now, and I rely a lot on makeup. Even the Sims of mine that supposedly don't use makeup, do. I just need it to make them look real.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )