Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 4:21 PM
Default Emergencies not ending
Anyone having problems with emergencies not ending? For some reason since I installed the ambitions compatible nomosaic, I can't satisfy emergency requirements with my firefighter so one the fires are out, they just walk around the house playing foosball and whatnot
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 6:23 PM
I've had issues with the fires spawning in places where my firefighter can't get to, such as a bush. So my firefighters can't finish the emergency and get a bad grade :/
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 7:24 PM
I had a firefighter mission where the third person she had to rescue apparently didn't exist.
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 8:05 PM
It was probably a baby, I had this happen to me, I guess cause I didn't know the family well enough I couldn't pick up the baby, so I got a bad grade on that one.
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 1:39 PM
When I got called out to the house, I put the fires out, but the sims kept screaming and pulling their hair. When I checked everywhere to make sure id not missed anything - they still kept doing it, so eventually I went home, then got a message saying my performance had dropped because I didnt complete the job.

I had an earthquake, bit weird - wasnt expecting it and the screen started shaking. I had to save 3 sims and calm them down, put out a gasleak and extinquish fires. I got the three sims safely out the rubble, they ran outside freaking out (I couldnt click on them, to calm down). I stopped the gasleak (but it wasnt regonised that I had) and put the flames out, and even cleaned up their house and still - poor performance.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 2:22 PM
I have the issue that emergencies in rabbit holes don't end. The Sim rushes into the building and stays inside the appropriate time. But I don't get the usual text messages about things happening inside and nothing happens when the Sim leaves the building again. No end of emergency, no message, nothing. Reenetering doesn't help either, so currently I can only wait for the job to cancel.
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 2:43 AM
For those cases where you can't reach a fire or sim -- you can use testingcheatsenabled and then shift-click on the lot to get the options to buy/build on the lot. That should let you move or remove any obstacles preventing you from getting to a fire patch.

At least, I would think so, haven't really played a firefighter yet so haven't tried it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 4:43 AM
Dunno, when it happens to me there is literally no fire or emergencies left. Its just the board won't register that I've completed the tasks therefore the emergency doesn't end until I get a missed emergency message. In the mean time, my fully donned sim will be walking around, watching tv, playing fooseball etc. Quite annoying
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 10:40 AM Last edited by naomiuk : 1st Jul 2010 at 3:05 PM.
Yeh exactly the same for me Scorpy - annoying
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 3:05 PM
Have you had any luck since? Im still having same problem, weeks on
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 5:40 PM
I've had 3 large house fires so far with my Firefighter. In 2 of the 3 emergencies, I have to rescue say 4 sims... I'll get 3 of the 4, but the 4th one I can't interact with. Both times, they were already outside, so I didn't have to save them, and I couldn't interact at all.

After the first time it happened, I try to get to all the sims first, so it's not that I'm taking too long getting to them. In fact, the scenario I just failed, the 4th sim was coming home from work and never actually went inside!
Instructor
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scorpy_CFS
Dunno, when it happens to me there is literally no fire or emergencies left. Its just the board won't register that I've completed the tasks therefore the emergency doesn't end until I get a missed emergency message. In the mean time, my fully donned sim will be walking around, watching tv, playing fooseball etc. Quite annoying

This is actually a bug with the firefighter career in general. There's not much you can do except accept it and move on to the next emergency until EA figures out what's messed up in the code. I have about an 85% success rate with my firefighter's emergencies and try to be content with that. (Needless to say, I play the firefighter the least atm.)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 6:29 PM
Then the sim was another one on another floor or in the garage, garden wherever. I have yet to fail an emergency and i have 3 lev 10 firefighters. I also run high free will and, let them do thier thing until the fires are extinguished, then pause, locate trapped sims and find the doors that need to be broken, then load the queue for my firefighter with a series of break down door, convince to run, then unpause and let him go to it. i follow him so if he gets the blocked bubble on anyone, I can pause, figure it out and correct his path and action.

Eventually you learn the houses and know where sims will be trapped.
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 12:50 PM
I think the problem will happen when you change your active family.
Alchemist
#15 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 3:07 PM
I haven't had any firemen rescue issues
Field Researcher
#16 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 7:08 PM
I believe the situation goes beyond Firefighters. I have this problem in a different form with my investigator. although he has dusted all fingerprints and collected all evidence the game does not recognize the final clue. I know FOR A FACT that I collected and dusted everything because I have explored the house repeatedly to make sure I didn't miss anything. Just another EA day of Sims mess ups. I've been playing the Sims since the beginning and it seems I spend just as much trying to fix things as I do playing it. Yet here I am still Simming away! Go figure..
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 1:57 PM
I had these problems too. With firefighter and ghosthunter career, I didn't know what to do and I didn't want to fail the test so I used the phone to go travel somewhere and came back with no record on the task lol. But I still stuck to the same job level though.... TT
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 2:41 PM
Had the same problems. Fires being where you can't access them so my sim just goes and watches tv instead. Very very rare though. 1 per sim that's firefighter.
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 11:03 PM
In my game, I couldn't finish the emergency. I managed to put out the fires but when I did that, the option to break down the door was no longer available. And, the Sims in that house never stopped screaming and crying. The firefighter could visit the household, but no one in the house would let him in because they kept screaming and crying. So, I switched households to that household to see if I could somehow restart everything.

Switching to households did make the fire problem go away and everyone in that household went back to normal. But, when I switched back to my firefighter, everytime he went to work, the fire alarm is still going off, but NO FIRE TO RESPOND TO! Everyone at his work is acting like there's a fire: the old guy is on the walki-talkie, the younger fighters are reading maps like they're going to go to the fire themselves. But, my guy can't do anything. He can't go work on the fire alarm, or the fire truck, or respond to any emergency.

Is anyone else getting this same problem? If so, what mods do you have. I have some of the non pixellation mod, some nude mods, and fire fruit and life fruit in the store mods. I don't know if any of these are causing my problem right now or not. But, I guess that I'll find out.
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 11:33 PM
Anyways, I tried getting rid of all of my mods, and the problem was still there. There's still a fire alarm blaring, but NO EMERGENCY TO RESPOND TO!
I'm really upset, because all of this progress that I made on this game could be lost.
Scholar
#21 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 11:48 PM
I can never get to my emergencies, I've given up on Firefighters a while ago :/
It's probably an EA glitch, I've had this glitch before I played with mods/any CC.
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 1:11 PM
Also, isn't it weird how the fire fighters who sit in your station aren't the same ones who go fight fires that are accidentally set by your sims for real? For instance, playing as fire fighter, my guy's daughter's friend started cooking something but left stopped and left the oven on. So, a fire started, and my guy's daughter called the fire department. Only thing is, none of my guy's co-workers showed up. Instead, some complete stranger showed up and fought the fire.
I befriended this firefighter and formed a group with her and she followed me to the fire jobs that I had to deal with. After that encounter her clothes, however, were normal, so having her follow me didn't wasn't all that great anymore. Anyways, I tried following her with my camera home, to see where she lived because I couldn't find her in one of the households in the game. It seems that have a home, because when I followed her, she just kept driving to the edge of town, and then went into an empty lot and disappeared.
I guess that fire fighters who respond to accidental fires, maids, and pizza delivery drivers all incomplete sims who don't actually own any homes. I wonder what would happen if one my sims became romantic with her and ask her to move in with them.
Inventor
#23 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 2:11 AM
My firefighter is a timebaby and he just found his sister. I made two time babies and he just came home with a girl. He has had a mission where he just stands and does nothing at the fire like the command to put the fire out expires. I found that for him to do anything you have to click several times.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 6:31 PM
I just had it happen to me and it was very annoying, what happened was I had to rescue a toddler on the 3rd floor of a house during a large house fire, however after rescuing all the other sims I went to look and the toddler had disappeared

I was able to fix this issue without loosing any career points or getting demoted, all I did was use NRaas to change to make the family that had the emergency active and then switched back to my family and it cleared, if you do not have NRaas you can go to edit town and make the family having the emergency active and then follow the same steps to make your family active again!!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#25 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 4:10 PM
Don't resurrect threads that are dead for about 6 years now
Locked thread | Locked by: Greenplumbbob Reason: No Threadcromancy!