Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 9:40 AM
Default simbot babies?
if anybody has tried this yet, please let me know.

is it possible for a male simbot to impregnate a normal female sim?

what about simbot pregnancy? (though, i doubt it..)

i was thinking it would be cool to make a simbot family. but simbot babies don't seem likely. are they possible?
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 10:06 AM
No, they're not possible. But you can have Simbot family trees with adoption (of normal sim babies) and by inventing strings of them.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 10:06 AM
No, you can't have Simbot babies.

EDIT: Ninja'd! :p

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 10:09 AM
oh. :/ it vastly disappoints me that we can't have robot spawn in our games.

haha, only kidding. but thank you for that bit about the adopting.

and thanks for your answers. that was quicker than i expected. :}
Instructor
#5 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 10:34 AM
yeah its disappointing, atleast let us have simbot children. XD
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 10:43 AM
You might be able to make android kids by deaging a simbot in CAS using either the Super Computer or Awesome mod, but until someone meshes new heads/bodies, they would have to stay as human-like androids rather than simbot children.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 12:06 AM
You should be able to marry two Simbots, no? And then have each Simbot make they're own "child". You could have a Simbot Family if you planned it out
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 12:34 AM Last edited by grillcheesesammich : 6th Jul 2010 at 2:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
You might be able to make android kids by deaging a simbot in CAS using either the Super Computer or Awesome mod, but until someone meshes new heads/bodies, they would have to stay as human-like androids rather than simbot children.

I'm gonna try that and report back.
*edit*no baby simbots resulted.
The default class for simbot CAS parts appears to be ELDER
Results for regression to:
Child= failsauce (normal child, no CAS parts from simbot)
Now here is where it gets interesting.
Young adult= cyborg/simbot with fully CAStable human face!
eyes, hair, skin, the whole sha-bang.

I posted my findings in a new thread here.
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 7:21 AM
how to make a simbot? what career should i choose?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 7:37 AM
The long way: inventor (the skill, not necessarily the career), reach level 10, get a phonecall with a long, involved questline.
The easy way: amass 40 000 lifetime happiness points, buy the My Best Friend reward.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grillcheesesammich
Child= failsauce (normal child, no CAS parts from simbot)

Did you try them out of CAS to see if they still sounded like a Simbot or were able to eat scrap? That's what I meant by child androids, those who look completely human, but are robots underneath.

Banned
#12 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 1:14 PM
I recall an episode of Star Trek the Next Generation where Data created a daughter. It would seem that simbot children would not be born, but manufactured. That is, the simbot needs to develop the inventing skill.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 6:12 PM
Did you try them out of CAS to see if they still sounded like a Simbot or were able to eat scrap? That's what I meant by child androids, those who look completely human, but are robots underneath.

I did not. The idea of non-metallic simbots never crossed my brain until I saw pics yesterday.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grillcheesesammich
I did not. The idea of non-metallic simbots never crossed my brain until I saw pics yesterday.

I have to admit, until I saw the pictures of Data and Lore someone posted in another thread, I didn't think so either.

Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 11:53 PM
I've had kids with my simbot (using Statue of Life. Later got awesome mod and removed the "son" status of the bot), but since the bot is an elder they arn't able to have kids on their own.
There are no baby bots, any sim bots are automatically turned into elders (have another mod that allows me to turn my sim into a ghost/mummy/simbot. It's some painting but forgot what it's called atm)

This is my sim (Basically, though I did edit them and made the arms and boobs bigger [I'm "well endowed, seemed too weird for my sim to be a lot smaller than I am, otherwise I'd of led them alone] and removed the sparkle tatto on the shoulder)
This is what I ended up with for a kid (The eyes are contacts/replacement that was in the makeup section. Forgot what they're called too atm, I'll look later for what they are if you want them)

and I messed with my simbot to see what would happen if i messed with his size or tried changing outfits, and I could see what his features and skin color were and he had the darker skin and nice features too
Basically only thing the kid really got from me were grey eyes >-o The game must not of liked most my "genes" very much, which is fine though because I like how the kid ended up
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kalooeh

This is what I ended up with for a kid

Your simbot kid is Lara Croft?!?
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Joshie196
Your simbot kid is Lara Croft?!?

Nah, it can't be Lara Croft, the boobs are too small. :P

Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 12:46 AM
Default They can have kids!
You can have simbot babies. Once you have a simbot you need to build up their inventing skill to lvl 10. Once your simbot has gotten the phone call and completed the challenge they are able to make their own simbot. The simbot your simbot creates is their offspring. They even have their own family tree. I'm in the process of creating the 6th generation of my Simbot family
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#19 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:35 AM
Nah, it can't be Lara Croft, the boobs are too small. :P
I would actually play that game if she could do something like this with them:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
I would actually play that game if she could do something like this with them:

Oh my GAWD. That is so distrubing and...ugg...painful.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 11:37 PM
^That is just wrong on so many levels.
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 4:21 AM
Default Yes they can!
Ok I have tried to take a screen shot with sims and windows but because I am looking at my family tree Sims won't let me take one. Here is the short story. Made a male simbot and released him later on, Left my evil ex wife and she started to date my male simbot, (laughed pretty hard) then a awhile later I was checking my family tree and low and behold my ex-wife is with child again. so I click on her in the tree (female Child) and the father is my Male Simbot! I was like WTF! how the hell! then I check her Traits in Famliy Tree, because you can see then all from tree when you click on them, She has, Good, Athletic, Immune to Fire (not sure how she got that) Can Apprehend Burglar (Simbot is a Police man) and low and behold again the Trait A Simbot, but she looks like a normal baby in the picture. I go there (too ex-wifes house) and check out the baby, Looks totally Normal!, Dunno if the looks will change after but once she ages I will get a pic of her(hopefully with the traits showing) No Cheats used and I swear on my Fathers grave that I am speaking the Truth. I will zip my Save and let anyone take it to see if they want. Like I said don't know how. I have tried to do it myself before with no luck, but somehow eather gliche or low random chance a Simbot Baby is forreal.
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 4:54 AM
Default Here is some pics
Ok Got some picks of the Family tree but not The Babies Traits, Windows Sniping tool would not let me hover over them and take pic at same time. But you can clearly see in both trees the Lineage between the Simbot Father and the Human baby, Not a Adoption. If someone knows how to take a screenshot while I hover over her traits to show she has the simbot trait please let me know.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 12:04 AM
I believe it. I've had two simbot babies born in my game.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 12:16 AM
Hi - I'd like to contribute to this thread. I've been scouring the web trying to find any info on Sim to Simbot relationships and babies, but could not find much. I'm glad to find a discussion here on MTS since that's where I get most of my mods and info from anyways!

I got an "Androsim" (hubby coined the term) baby quite by accident. I'm using Awesomemod and a mod from here by whereismyki for autonomous woohoo and try for baby functionality.

One of my households on an island I've created got too full and the ages of the six children stretched from infant to teen. I had also used the father's saved up lifetime happiness points (he was elder) to purchase him the "My Best Friend" reward of a simbot. The simbot he got was male.

So - because I wanted the oldest kid to move in his new girlfriend, I had to move out some Sims - the simbot took up a slot. I decided to move out the twin girls, who were teens, into a 'guest house' lot next door to the main house. 'Denis' - the simbot, moved with them to become their 'chaperone' since they were not yet young adults.

I promptly forgot all about them for awhile, dealing with the main house and other households (using bless function of AM) I was running on my island.

Lo and behold, Denis the simbot started up a very un-chaperone-like relationship with one of the twins once they aged to young adults! He had hopeless romantic as one of his random traits and thus was always falling in love with the microwave oven, etc... it was probably natural he'd fall in love with the Sim girls I guess.

Nothing would have happened except for that random chance that came with the autonomous woohoo/tryforbaby mod... and that is how Denis got himself a wife and daughter! I suspect, if what's said in previous posts is true.. Denis being an elder would have prevented relations as well except for my mods allowing that (random chance of woohoo / tryforbaby) too.

First thing I noticed - the Androsim baby girl sounded like a simbot as a toddler, babbling. Her voice is partially simbot, partially sim.

Secondly, and this is a bug - once she hit toddler stage - she started walking (after parents taught her) and it stretched her body out weirdly like she'd been put in the taffy puller (a'la Mike Teevee). It was only when she'd walk. Then she'd go back to normal size when sitting or sleeping. This was a bug with toddler back at the beginning of TS3 and watching TV if anyone remembers that.

Next, she has status bars of a simbot... the 'trivial entertainment', 'human socialization' 'scrap supplies' bars, etc.

Lastly, she is aging up extremely slow. Her life bar does not show days, it shows the same message simbots have - "Simbots age more slowly than normal sims"... She was an infant and toddler for what appears to be 'epic lifespan" timeframe, not sure on that.

She looks like a normal sim. Her features do not look like her Mother however, who is dark brown haired and brown eyed with tan skin (hispanic or islander looking). Her eyes are purple, and her hair is white/blonde with beige/brown highlights.

Using Awesomemod CAS tool, I took her up to adult and elderly - she does not change into a simbot at any point in the aging.

I triggered aging ingame to each stage to see how she behaves. She still speaks with a half sim / half simbot voice. She has 1's and 0's instead of Z's. I'm not sure if she eats scrap yet, have not played her since she was out of toddler stage except to see her aged up (did not save).

Unfortunately - the stretched out body when she walks (bugged simbot to sim mesh) is a deal breaker for me. I don't even mind that her hands would spin or she lurched when walking like a simbot... that's kinda cool - along with the rocket jets on her feet for running! But the freakish stretching of her body, arms, neck etc isn't cool. I will probably have to install the 'don't walk like a mummy or simbot' mod in order to keep her playable.

Sorry for the long reply - just wanted to give all the details of my very unexpected but fun gameplay experience with a simbot's baby.

I'm considering making an entire colony of Sims and Simbots to have them mate and produce Androsim offspring.
Page 1 of 2