Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 1:39 AM
Adding Family inventory items to community lots

Is it possible to add items stored in you family inventory to a community lot?

I've purchased a community lot and I want to add the martial arts items i got from China to my purchased lot. And those are stored in my family inventory, and in my regular inventory which i know you can add items from their to a community lot you have purchased.

Is there a mod availble to do this too btw????
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 2:07 AM
I am pretty sure it is not possible. However, if all you want it for is to add the martial arts items to a community lot, you can find those items in the BuyDebug catalog (type TestingCheatsEnabled On, then Buydebug, then there's a new menu marked with a "?" in Buy Mode). A lot of other shop-only items, like the nectar maker, and Sim-craftable items, like a time machine and various sculptures, are available from that menu too.

As for there being a mod that opens the family inventory on community lots -- not that I'm aware of, but you can always try the WCIF (Where Can I Find) forum. It's under the Help menu
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 10:24 AM
Thanks Srikandi! I completely forgot about that debug code! thanks again!

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I am pretty sure it is not possible. However, if all you want it for is to add the martial arts items to a community lot, you can find those items in the BuyDebug catalog (type TestingCheatsEnabled On, then Buydebug, then there's a new menu marked with a "?" in Buy Mode). A lot of other shop-only items, like the nectar maker, and Sim-craftable items, like a time machine and various sculptures, are available from that menu too.

As for there being a mod that opens the family inventory on community lots -- not that I'm aware of, but you can always try the WCIF (Where Can I Find) forum. It's under the Help menu

How about, drag all possible household objects to Sim's inventory so I could place them in the consignment shop's storage shelf or treasure chest and finally sell them with interests?

Since all items you sell get sold with interests in the consignment shop but you can only sell small items. My Idea here is to build a mall, sell everything and have a business.
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carolynobligacion
How about, drag all possible household objects to Sim's inventory so I could place them in the consignment shop's storage shelf or treasure chest and finally sell them with interests?

Since all items you sell get sold with interests in the consignment shop but you can only sell small items. My Idea here is to build a mall, sell everything and have a business.

Some problems with that idea: a) as discussed above, you can't place household inventory on community lots; and b) that's not how the consignment store's inventory works, and c) even if it WAS, you'd be selling to the shop, not to other sims, so that wouldn't be very much like a mall (Not to mention d), this thread is from three years ago, and we discourage thread necromancy here >< )

If you're looking for a mod to do something like that, try WCIF, as mentioned earlier in the thread. Gotta tell you I'm not aware of anything though. If you just want to be able to sell more different kinds of items in the consignment shop, Twallan's Consigner is the way to go, but it doesn't let you sell EVERYTHING.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th May 2018 at 8:30 PM
Hi, I found a walk around for this. You turn the lot in to a res and move in them make the items you want or just take them out of family inventory. Then when done evict sim so furniture and items stay on lot. Then change it back to the lot you had set too.
Site Helper
#7 Old 19th May 2018 at 4:01 PM
A better work around would be to have your sim purchase the community lot, then use the Buy on this lot option they get (no cheats needed other than possible use of motherlode or other money cheats, since it's something available when you try to upgrade your new purchase) to add anything you want. Then sell it back unless you've decided to let that sim keep everything. (And use another cheat to put their current funds back where they belong, if needed.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th May 2018 at 1:03 AM
Not true on everything being available that way. I wish some members here would think these things through before responding. My sims like to keep Grandma in the family inventory, she's a little loopy these days. I've looked, and she's not available for community lot placement through buydebug.

They've tried consigning her, but that didin't work out well as there were never any interested buyers.
Instructor
#10 Old 20th May 2018 at 3:10 AM
I mean, this thread is 8 years old so I'd hope they found their solution by now
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11 Old 20th May 2018 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eronel
I mean, this thread is 8 years old so I'd hope they found their solution by now
The last time ghost768 posted here was on 4th Dec 2010, 11 days after they started this thread. I am worried now ...
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zenda772
Hi, I found a walk around for this. You turn the lot in to a res and move in them make the items you want or just take them out of family inventory. Then when done evict sim so furniture and items stay on lot. Then change it back to the lot you had set too.

I just tried this and it worked! Thank you!!!!!!! I was trying everything thinkable to place a ferris wheel on a boardwalk but couldn't find it in BuyDebug menu. Same for trying to add the cafe from Town Life Stuff. Im def screenshooting this for future reference!