Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:25 PM
Default Constant Meteor Mayhem
Greetings fellow Simmers

Ever since installing Generations earlier this week, I have been experiencing something I never got with just my Ambitions or even my Late Night game despite it apparently being something that was introduced back in Ambitions.

I have been having meteors strike, and potentially kill, my Sims.

And I don't mean once in a while; it's been CONSTANT. As emphasis, I was showing my husband a potential strike, had my Sim run from it, then five minutes later my husband heard me cursing about another meteor shadow over my Sim.

It's getting heavily disruptive. I've now had to restart my Legacy game FIVE times because of either death of my Legacy Sim or intense property damage. Excluding Sim deaths, I think I've accumulated almost ยง100k in damages to either my Legacy Sim's house or other houses that they were visiting - no exaggeration.

I have NO mods installed that would cause this. Does anyone know any way at all to make this stop happening? I am on the verge of quitting the game over it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 7:13 AM
You are not alone! I've become quite pro at having my Sim run away from impending DEATH! She's even had to leave work early due to a death seking meteor! It's really annoying. I've even searched here for a mod fix. I was completely insensed when, while out on a date with my potential husband, a meteor shadow appeared over our lovely picnic. I immediately instrcted my Sim to dodge, but her date did not move fast enough and was KILLED by the meteor! So not only is she in DANGER, she is a SOCIAL PARIAH who endangers anyone in her radius! GRRR! Like you, this happened after patch..

I've also noticed strange camera movement, which is annoying, but not as unbearable as the Meteor Mayhem! =(

I wish you luck with your sims and keeping them alive!
Inventor
#3 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:05 AM
I had one strike a few weeks ago and just thought it was an isolated incedent. Riskilla had 20 death flowers so umm she managed.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 7:47 PM
I only had one meteor. It was awesome.

But I can understand how having 38497120934710928347 in a row can suck.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:26 PM
Wow. I don't know weather to be envious or counting my or my sims lucky stars. I don't have Generations but the patch you are talking about is it the patch that is now in my update section? I don't have my updates on automatically but I am updated up to the latest patch that came out before Generations came out. Just wondering if I should patch to the patch that is now awailable.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:36 PM
UPDATE!: I JUST had a meteor in my game! Almost killed my Sim's future wife. Killed her family though. Won't stop sobbing.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShadowWhisper
I have NO mods installed that would cause this.

Try it without ANY CC and then I'll believe you.
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t..._3_Game_Problem
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:35 AM
I have the same problem =/, I remove all cc and still the same
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 11:19 AM
And here I am still wishing I can see a meteor.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
#10 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Syrinxsing
You are not alone! I've become quite pro at having my Sim run away from impending DEATH!

I envy you your presence of mind to get sims out of the way! When I had my strike, I was as bad as a sim during a fire, I was so taken by surprise all I could do was stare at the screen muttering 'omg! a meteor!' and did NOTHING to save my sim .. who got totally squished .. *ashamed face*.

My sims are too scared to go near a telescope now .. we has telescopaphobia ..
Theorist
#11 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 10:38 AM
I had one meteor since Amb came. Was kind of cool, but I don't wanna see anothere one for another year.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 5:50 PM
In a way I'm kind of glad someone else is having this problem. It is SO annoying. I hope EA fixes it but they probably won't, we'll probably have to wait for a modder. I looked all over Twallan's Master Controller to find a way to turn them off, I think awesomemod might have the option to turn them off.

Also I saw a reply about camera rotation being wonky. Mine is too, but I saw nothing about it in the original post, so I was wondering if you fixed it?
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 10:26 PM
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/t...some/config.php

There's the config for AweomeMod and it doesn't say anything about meteors.
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 2:42 PM
I was having this problem but after taking out ALL my mods, with exception to NRaas updated ones, it has been solved. Huge relief because my town was beginning to have more craters than sims! The offending mod was either a none-autonomous one or Buzzler's dig-site fix. As I have not tried re-introducing them I cannot say which so I'm not saying it was a particular one, however, which ever one it was you might not expect it to have any relation to meteors! :S
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by izzywish
I was having this problem but after taking out ALL my mods, with exception to NRaas updated ones, it has been solved. Huge relief because my town was beginning to have more craters than sims! The offending mod was either a none-autonomous one or Buzzler's dig-site fix. As I have not tried re-introducing them I cannot say which so I'm not saying it was a particular one, however, which ever one it was you might not expect it to have any relation to meteors! :S

I don't remember downloading any none-autonomous mods, so it must be the dig-site, which sucks, but I guess I'd rather get rid of the meteors than be able to dig up treasure.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 12:55 AM Last edited by dedreav0531 : 10th Jun 2011 at 2:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lilfixit
I don't remember downloading any none-autonomous mods, so it must be the dig-site, which sucks, but I guess I'd rather get rid of the meteors than be able to dig up treasure.

I'm thinking it is the dig-site fix, I also have that installed and I just saw half my town killed when my sim was out drinking.

EDIT: I took out Buzz's DigSite Fix, Walk Fix and Disable Carpool fix. So far all is well, I have yet to see a meteor again.

Has anyone come across a dirty surroundings moodlet after a meteor has hit, I cleaned up my lot and neighboring lots and I still have that moodlet.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dedreav0531
I'm thinking it is the dig-site fix, I also have that installed and I just saw half my town killed when my sim was out drinking.

EDIT: I took out Buzz's DigSite Fix, Walk Fix and Disable Carpool fix. So far all is well, I have yet to see a meteor again.

Has anyone come across a dirty surroundings moodlet after a meteor has hit, I cleaned up my lot and neighboring lots and I still have that moodlet.

Oh that's what that's from? Yeah I've been having that too. Buzz did update his mods though, so I just started playing with his mods updated and I'll let you know if it's still happening in my game. I don't think it is anymore though.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 11:49 AM
Good investigationing peoples... now I want to install the dig-site mod just to finally see a meteor strike!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
Good investigationing peoples... now I want to install the dig-site mod just to finally see a meteor strike!

Careful what you wish for, lol. It was funny seeing everyone in town freak out because a meteor was coming, but it's kinda bad when half your town dies from it.
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:01 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm so happy to see this thread. I will state that I never had the digsite mod installed and the constant meteor showers have been happening in my game. It's nice to know I'm not alone here. Also, even after cleaning up the lot my sims have a constant dirty moodlet. I did find a mod on this site that was supposed to be able to let me choose how often or not to receive meteor showers, I selected "no chance" and it hasn't changed a thing. They still happen very often and destroy my property.

I'm happy to see that it has been resolved for those with the digsite mod, but as I mentioned earlier, I've never had that mod installed and it's happening to me. Any advice?
My sims constantly think they are in dirty surroundings and meteors continue to pummel my property.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charliebfan
Hello everyone,

I'm so happy to see this thread. I will state that I never had the digsite mod installed and the constant meteor showers have been happening in my game. It's nice to know I'm not alone here. Also, even after cleaning up the lot my sims have a constant dirty moodlet. I did find a mod on this site that was supposed to be able to let me choose how often or not to receive meteor showers, I selected "no chance" and it hasn't changed a thing. They still happen very often and destroy my property.

I'm happy to see that it has been resolved for those with the digsite mod, but as I mentioned earlier, I've never had that mod installed and it's happening to me. Any advice?
My sims constantly think they are in dirty surroundings and meteors continue to pummel my property.

Do you have any Buzz mods, it could be any one of the Buzz mod. After taking them all out and just putting the scribble pad back in I haven't seen a meteor since. As for the dirty moodlet, I have yet to find anything to fix that. I also got rid of a mod that lowers the cost of the rewards, that may have caused an issue with in the game(it wasn't an updated mod).

I found this thread that may help you http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=445362
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 6:44 PM
Wow.. I actually did have a Buzz mod and ever since I removed it I haven't had any issues. I'm hoping it stays that way and thanks for the advice. I quickly went to look to see if I had anything Buzz and I sure did!

Here's hoping it did the trick!
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 7:28 PM
If Buzz mod means Buzzler's mods, then in Buzzler's defense I gotta say you guys need to update the mods. I believe he updated a lot of them, you just have to download a newer version. I am using 4-5 of his mods, and so far everything is smooth sailing.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 7:57 PM
It's an issue with the time in TS3. Once the date reaches May 21, 2011 in your neighborhood, your sims will receive fiery space judgement.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Field Researcher
#25 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
If Buzz mod means Buzzler's mods, then in Buzzler's defense I gotta say you guys need to update the mods. I believe he updated a lot of them, you just have to download a newer version. I am using 4-5 of his mods, and so far everything is smooth sailing.

His mods only say updated up to 6.4, do they still work with 6.5 if redowloaded? I do miss the clean house mod.
Page 1 of 2