Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 9:17 PM
Default How to "kill" a toddler in The Sims 3
I've seen a lot of people asking if there's any way to "kill" a toddler in The Sims 3 and no one ever had a solution. So, I did a little experiment, which worked, so I thought I should share it

To do this you must have either the Generations expansion pack or the Late Night one, I'm not sure which one made this possible since I installed mine at the same time.

If you've got both of them, this should work just fine.

This is a little complicated;

1. Click CTRL, Shift and C at the same time.
2. Write "testingcheatsenabled true" (without the quotation marks) in the blue box that appears on the top of the screen.
3. If the toddler you wish to "kill" isn't a part of your household, click the toddler while holding down the Shift button and select "Add to active household".
4. Click the toddler while holding down the shift button (again) and select "Edit sim in create a sim".
5. Make the toddler a young adult. (Adult and elder also work, but I'll just use young adult as an example, it doesn't matter which one you pick.)
6. Go to the "Needs" tab and drag the "Hunger" line all the way down.
7. Wait for the Grim Reaper to arrive.
8. Pause the game (to do this you can for example press the P button on your keyboard) once the Grim Reaper has arrived.
9. Click the "toddler" (now a young adult) while holding down the Shift button and select "Edit sim in create a sim."
10. Change the them back into a toddler.

After this the toddler should become long and thin until they transform into a ghost.
Once they've become a ghost they should look like a toddler again, and they're dead.

Hope this helps
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 9:22 PM
One question: why would you want to kill a toddler?

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 9:49 PM
Very interesting. My evil sim who locks his unfaithful wife and daughter in the basement will be delighted to hear this.

*Signature Under Construction*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishGrace

I've seen loads of people ask, here are just the Yahoo questions:
http://www.google.is/search?hl=is&c...iw=1024&bih=555
Forum Resident
#5 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 10:25 PM
I just use total annihilation in Master Controller, then it's like they never existed.

Go suck an elf...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 11:35 PM

Some people are dicks
Instructor
#7 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Some people are dicks

I wouldn't say that. I mean for the sake of story telling you might want to "kill" a toddler. and we have people disscussing more efficient ways of killing mass amounts of adult sims which is in my mind equally bad. but I don't think there is anything wrong with people intrested in killing sims (of any age)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 5:42 AM

Toddler ghost, from the sounds of it.
Instructor
#9 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 5:56 AM
Er... can ghost toddlers "haunt" a house at night?

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Field Researcher
#10 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 6:44 AM
why wouldnt you want to kill off a toddler? please? annoying lil toddling pixels you cant hardly do squat with... i wonder, do their toddling ghosts try to play with the imaginary friends they leave behind? do they pop out of toyboxes and share the pixelated shit out of the living toddlers in the house?

now sure i get it, it takes a sick mind to want to "kill" a "toddler" but this isnt really a "toddler" it's a formation if pixels made up by a combination of your imagination, and the demon overlords at ea games.

it's not a for REAL toddler.

it's not like someone made a way to bbq them... wait...
oh yeah, that didnt work for toddlers, or even sims3, just sims2
Forum Resident
#11 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 7:03 AM
Killing a single Sim is boring. If I need someone dead, I wipe out the town entirely.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Field Researcher
#12 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 9:41 AM
Can you post a toddler ghost picture?
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 4:34 PM
There should be a means of giving the toddler up to foster care. I suppose you could add a 'foster parent' adult to the household, and then move him/her out with the toddler and either delete them from the clipboard or move them into a different house.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 6:05 PM
because toddlers never die by accident of even by terrible act of psychopath in real life, and thats not something someone might want to SIMULATE (through a game would be the best means) and re enact as part of their grieving process or anything.

not that anything like that is likely healthy, but who am i to judge the mental stability of my fellow simulated dollhouse players. we wont talk about why i make my sims do some of the things they do.

i'm just going to keep being happy when they keep sharing info with me on how to make toddler ghosts so i can use it for whatever my reason.

zigersimmer, i've done similar things when it fit a story i was working out. i had an elder sim who needed an heir, i couldnt manage to adopt one no matter what i did, so i made a family with a crappy dad and a teen daughter, moved them in with her, then i moved the dad out. similar concept. then when the daughter was the only one living with the elderly woman, after a few days or so, i killed off the elderly woman. dad stayed on his own, teenage girl living on her own, running amuck... yeah, i think i took a different turn there...
Mad Poster
#15 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PhenethyaSim
I wouldn't say that. I mean for the sake of story telling you might want to "kill" a toddler. and we have people disscussing more efficient ways of killing mass amounts of adult sims which is in my mind equally bad. but I don't think there is anything wrong with people intrested in killing sims (of any age)

Honestly I said that as a joke more than anything else. I guess I wasn't very clear that I didn't mean it seriously XD;.

...Might explain the amount of people who hit disagree >_>;
Field Researcher
#16 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 6:57 PM
i always look at the "disagrees" on my posts and wonder "but which part was it that you disagreed with?" cause i contradict myself alot. so by disagreeing you too are contradictory. so haha
Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 7:49 PM
LOL and someone disagreed with that.

I have a bad habit of going back to recently made posts to see who clicked what. ...Okay, I'll stop derailing the thread now >_>;
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by somethingelse
i always look at the "disagrees" on my posts and wonder "but which part was it that you disagreed with?" cause i contradict myself alot. so by disagreeing you too are contradictory. so haha

pfffft....There are twits who will click the disagree button when all I've posted is a simple, incontrovertible statement of fact without any editorial. It's the interwebz; they'll let anyone in.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Instructor
#19 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 9:51 PM
I'm also interested in knowing if this will create a toddler ghost that will haunt the lot. I imagine that the animations would be off or wouldn't work (would they behave as if they were a YA, getting all stretched out again?) I'd love to see pics of this!

Who knows when something like this might come in handy for a story?

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Instructor
#20 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
I'm also interested in knowing if this will create a toddler ghost that will haunt the lot. I imagine that the animations would be off or wouldn't work (would they behave as if they were a YA, getting all stretched out again?) I'd love to see pics of this!

Who knows when something like this might come in handy for a story?

even if they did get streached out and distorted it could work its been said that child ghosts in Rl tend to manifest in strange ways lol if you believe that.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 2:27 AM Last edited by somethingelse : 16th Aug 2011 at 7:32 AM.
ya'll realise i may need to kill a toddler now.

it'll be whomevers fault who keeps disagreeing with me.
dissagree with THAT lil factoid...
lol

if i can manage it, what i like is it seems to only require generations (yes i think thats the questionable variable) and testing cheats.
both of which i have...
YAY!

i'm going in soon, after i catch up on the intraweb world. wish me luck.

ok, so, i went off to find a toddler i didnt like as much as the others, and it took me a while, cause in general i kinda like playing toddlers, i have NO idea why, they frustrate me to no end.

i have this zombie apocalypse fam i'm playing, the challenge is modified, i'm so tired of 10x10 sheds and shacks, and bomb shelters... i make alot of weird "crazy people in the woods" type sims who start with that, i decided to mix this one up a lil bit... so i had them loot themselves a deserted nice big 2 bed 1.5 bath house on a huge lot... i should be telling the folk in that thread this huh...

anyway, they have a buttload of toddlers and want more, but when they tried to woohoo for more, the mom didnt get that option. only reason i can figure is because she has fertility treatment, and there's only room for 1 more person. right now there's 7 folks in the house. so yup, someones gotta go. i'd have usually waited till someone got to the child stage to see if someone got a crappy trait to attempt my first kill, but wanting to see a toddler ghost, and thinking it'd be nifty as all hell to have a toddling ghost scaring the pixelated crap out of countless future generations, i thought i'd give this a try.

i sift through my 3 toddlers to see if anyone has any "undesireable traits" someone does YAY i do the edit in create a sim thingy. i tried summoning grimmy, and i think that may be the issue, but it didnt do anything... yet... i dragged her hunger down. thinking back i would've chosen something else maybe, but i cant think of another "motive" that'll KILL you is there? and i wait for grimmy. it looks promising because she keeps flipfloping from toddler to adult while i keep dragging her back from the "no you cant go eat you silly twit you're supposed to be dying here".

i remember you're supposed to edit back to toddler but i cant remember (yes i'll go back and read) if you're safe doing it as soon as they're good and dead, people are running out to mourn or if you need to wait for grimmy. so to be safe i wait for grimmy. edit her back, and well YAY i get the creepy weird thin thing, but grimmy wont leave, and a social worker is here for the rest of the kids.

i may just go waco or ruby ridge on this whole family...

i edited to fix a stupid word error, and to say i know how many disagrees and funnys i had before i edited, so i'll know if anyone suddenly hates me more.
i had 1 and 1.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 6:48 PM
Here's a picture of one of my toddler ghosts -

Yes, they haunt the house at night if their tombstone is placed on your lot.
They stretch out when they turn into ghosts at first, it stops after a while.
The interactions are the same as with normal toddlers, you can pick them up, toss in air, tickle, snuggle, feed etc.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#23 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 3:40 AM Last edited by somethingelse : 20th Aug 2011 at 5:27 AM.
i noticed my sims still having all the other options along with mourn, i just need to figure out how to get past grimmy staying forever, and a social worker showing up to take the rest of my toddlers. or is this something i'm going to need to do with families with 1 toddler first, THEN they can have more and the lil ghosty can haunt the new ones?

cause now i HAVE to try this, and i'm willing to make a whole new family in a whole "new" town and destroy their pixelated psyches to do it.

ok, now i'm really frustrated. i tried it again, made a whole new family, single mom with a specifically evil toddler to kill off, brand new world with NOTHING in it. they're the only family, the only anything. moved 'em in, had the mom go do something so i could edit the toddler, made her a young adult, dragged her down to starving, waited for grimmy, paused it, re edited her back down to a toddler, she got long and skinny, there were no other toddlers around, grimmy hung out forever, i finally sent mom to pee, thinking maybe grimmy would grab the body and leave... NOPE, she comes back to life and a social worker runs in and snatches her up and runs off. grimmy is still there.

i have NO idea what i'm doing wrong here, but i want a sim ghost toddler SO bad now...
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PhenethyaSim

I agree with BL00DIEDHELL, they are dicks if they want to kill off a toddler or anyone for that matter in the sims. if you do not want to play a sim ..just move them out and they become an non-playing sim. for the sake of an story telling, then i would say those dicks need a new story.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#25 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FruitfulPlus
I agree with BL00DIEDHELL, they are dicks if they want to kill off a toddler or anyone for that matter in the sims. if you do not want to play a sim ..just move them out and they become an non-playing sim. for the sake of an story telling, then i would say those dicks need a new story.

FruitfulPlus-Please check dates when posting in forums. You are posting in a thread that has not had any activity in 8 years.
Page 1 of 2