Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 11:14 AM
Default Stop automatic outerwear
I'm wondering if there is a way to stop my Sims from changing into outerwear automatically? I do still want them to change into their career, athletic, sleep outfits (etc.) at the appropriate times, just not outerwear.

Any ideas?
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 12:19 PM
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 12:20 PM Last edited by eskie227 : 23rd Jul 2014 at 12:22 PM. Reason: ninja'd
OK, three ways to do it. One, Blu has a mod on TFM (free registration, and well worth it) called "Different Temps for Outerwear Changes for Sims" found here http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...pdate-10-18-13/ . In it, she changed the EA settings for outerwear to a new value. Now, you could use it as a template, and following the instructions in the Wiki on this site, change those settings to something like "change into outerwear at -30 degrees" (she gives you the actual code snippet in her first post about what changes what), which never happens, and there you go, problem solved.

Second, if it seems a little overwhelming to do that yourself, you could ask her to make you a version that meets your needs.

And third, as it is a relatively simple tuning mod, if you're feeling ambitious, you could read up on making tuning mods and roll your own from scratch, as it doesn't look like a complicated tuning mod for a first try anyway.

Choose wisely.

Edit: Or, you could just go with the already made mod linked above that I didn't realize already exists. So there you go. Problem solved without asking Blu for help, or learning how to make tuning mods yourself. So ignore the 3 methods listed above.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 2:42 PM
Among the "Lifetime rewards" there is "Immune To Cold " that should make sims not changing their clothes into outerwear.
I think you can use the cheat menu to have 10.000 to buy it: i don't use cheat except for build/buy purposes, but i use nraas mastercontroller to change the amount of "Lifetime rewards" when needed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 6:13 PM
Thanks so much! I'm surprised I didn't find that in my search.
Also, thank you eskie227 and Baiaana for your time and suggestions :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 4:01 PM
Hi everyone, I'm looking for the exact same mod - something that will prevent active and inactive sims from ever changing into outwear. However, I see the mod mentioned above is no longer accessible. Is there an alternative link or mod? Thanks in advance!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luckless
Hi everyone, I'm looking for the exact same mod - something that will prevent active and inactive sims from ever changing into outwear. However, I see the mod mentioned above is no longer accessible. Is there an alternative link or mod? Thanks in advance!

Just checked and Blugenjutsu's mod referenced in post #3 above is still up on The Asylum. You have to be a member of the Asylum and be logged in already for the links into its content forums to work, in case that's any help.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 5:23 AM
I am just totally curious ... if the weather is cold enough, e.g. snowing, why would you/anyone want sims not to change? I love the weather in 3 and for me the clothes change is fun to see, and realistic.
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Just checked and Blugenjutsu's mod referenced in post #3 above is still up on The Asylum. You have to be a member of the Asylum and be logged in already for the links into its content forums to work, in case that's any help.

Thanks so much for checking that igazor. I was referring to the mod spladoum mentioned, but I managed to find it using the Wayback machine. I'll see if this works! It might be outdated. If it is, I'll try Blue's mod.

And to answer your question daisylee...honestly, I find creating the sixth outfit a drag as I put a fair bit of effort into everyone's outfits. By the time I reach it in CAS, I feel like, "but I already made clothes for you to wear outside!" Oftentimes my Sims will be wearing such a carefully crafted Everyday outfit, looking super attractive - then bam. They take a step outside, and they're in grandma's woolly sweater. I'm not going through the effort to make them TWO nice outfits, who do they think they are haha.

And lastly, if someone so much as fetches a newspaper outside, it's all that spinning to switch outfits...I don't know, guess I'd rather them freeze ^^
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 2:01 AM
There's a Lifetime Reward calls "Immune to Cold", sims with this trait will never wear outerwear anymore unless you tell them to.