Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 7:50 PM
Maintain Fire Alarm?
How come the Fire Alarm needs so much maintenance? It's nearly impossible to keep up with it. As soon as I get it up to 100% I send her over to maintain the Firetruck, and the alarm is back to 0% before the truck is finished. I actually sent her uncle to work to try and keep things from always being broken.

Also, how come the Firemen only get 1 task per day? I've given my Sim the LTW of rescuing 30 Sims and I haven't had anything except small fires. On one day there wasn't any tasks at all. Is there a way to trigger a task if it's not showing up?

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 6:01 AM
I guess fire alarms are very easy to break? About the firefighter task, when I played, I didn't get any for three days! Maybe once your higher in the career you get more tasks? Seems like it would be like that since it's like making a nurse do open heart surgery.

Can't believe people still read these.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 6:05 AM
As far as I know, the whole thing is broken. I hadn't played the profession in years and tried it again recently and I couldn't even interact with the firealarm. The jobs didn't appear either.

You should be able to spawn a task with testing cheats and then Ctrl+Shft click on the floor of the fire station. It seems to work for some. Not for me, unfortunately.
Alchemist
#4 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 6:45 AM
I think AwesomeMod pushes other coworkers to help maintaining the fire alarm and firetruck when they have spare time.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:49 PM
So far my best chance of success:
-Save game at 8am, close entire program, reload. (For some reason it has to be a fresh game or quests won't spawn.)
-Send two Sims to Firehall and have them repair Alarm and Truck non-stop all day.

I've been trying very hard to get this career working (and Ghost Hunter), but it's very frustrating. I wish EA had fixed these in a Patch. Some of my other glitches include:
-If you respond to emergency too quickly the quest disappears.
-Quest doesn't start until 4pm, even though work ends at 5pm.
-If you try to use a personal vehicle the quest disappears.
-Quest asks you to rescue invisible Sims.
-Quest asks you to catch invisible ghosts, ghosts trapped in the floor, or possessed objects don't have any ghost interactions.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Scholar
#6 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:16 PM
Mine doesn't go back to zero so fast. When I'm done with maintaining it, I go back to other chores and go home at the end of the day. When I go to work in the next day, it's at 85% more or less.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 8:36 AM
I believe this only happens when using NRaas Story Progression, the maintenance level is reverted to zero to give inactive firefighters something to maintain. You should be able to disable this by switching "Allow Inactive to Maintain Firefighter Equipment" to false under Options:Situations in the mod.
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 1:05 AM Last edited by HinataObsession : 13th Jan 2018 at 1:09 AM. Reason: minor adjustment
Confirmed. Turning that option off in NRaas Story Progression seems to have fixed the issue.

Naito_Shade on NRaas