Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 9:10 PM
Default Keeping the present and future job?
I wondering, if perhaps NRASS has the option for it, for sims to keep a present job (say for the two's sims that are a politic and militarian (made up that word), while simultaniously holding and attending the future jobs (astronomer and bot arenist) when in the future?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Feb 2020 at 11:20 AM Last edited by igazor : 28th Feb 2020 at 3:06 PM.
As far as I know, this is not possible. The only world that is coded to have a "career" for actively played sims that does not interfere with their homeworld career is Uni World, where the Uni Student "career" is only local to that world. Otherwise, sims can only have one career at a time.

I think the closest we can get to this is to use Shimrod's Rehire at the Same Level mod (from The Sims Asylum) and keep switching the sims in and out of their future world careers into their homeworld ones as they travel back and forth. Note though that the mod tends to break on careers that have branches. Or another way is to have them be astronomers and bot builders in the present as well, those careers should work anywhere if the career buildings are placed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 3:40 PM
Oh that's shame. Well, anyway I figured I have them stay in the future world and persuade climbing the provided career ladders to the top there before returning back to present.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You mean that when they return from the future, they would then return to their old jobs?

I believe so. Dunno in what order, but I had them apply for the present career and then in the future for the future one. Though if not mistaken, I think one and the other overrides one another, as I somewhat remember having to reply for the present one again after they applied for the future one. So really, it's no different than as a regular job switch up.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.