Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 4:13 AM
Default Something like Uni Break - but for community lots?
I'm drove nuts with my sims leaving community lots to go to class or write exams, the whole group can't have a fun night out together ever! I have the uni break statue that works on the dorm lot, but as soon as students leave, they will obey the class dialogue and leave the lot. I haven't found any way to prevent this so far, but is there something out there? Does anyone know if the college clock that freezes time works like this at all (because I get the sense it's only for holding semesters, not class times)?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 2:40 PM
Not sure if the freezer clock would work.

I know for sure that taking sims to another subhood's community lot freezes their clock--you could take them all downtown, for example.

For Uni Break, is it available on community lots? If so, you can put one down and then see if you can reenable the break. Maybe that would work? (If it's not available on community lots, that's fairly simple to change in simPE. Follow Making Objects Available in Community Lots by boblishman.)

Otherwise, I think taking them to a different subhood is your best bet, because sims will still go to class, like you mentioned. You can cancel that though. Perhaps there's a no auto go to class mod out there?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Not sure if the freezer clock would work.

I know for sure that taking sims to another subhood's community lot freezes their clock--you could take them all downtown, for example.

For Uni Break, is it available on community lots? If so, you can put one down and then see if you can reenable the break. Maybe that would work? (If it's not available on community lots, that's fairly simple to change in simPE. Follow Making Objects Available in Community Lots by boblishman.)

Otherwise, I think taking them to a different subhood is your best bet, because sims will still go to class, like you mentioned. You can cancel that though. Perhaps there's a no auto go to class mod out there?

I'll put the uni break statue down on the lot and see what happens. I think I did that but it was already too late, as students starting missing their exams before I had a chance to use it, lol!
The thing is, I did a LOT of work on the university community lots and I want to test them and have the students hang out there, but they keep leaving.
I haven't seen a no auto go to class mod anywhere, as I also looked for that
Alchemist
#4 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 2:34 AM
@sobenna_kahill I forgot that turning free will off should also prevent sims from autonomously going to class. Did you try that when going to community lots?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@sobenna_kahill I forgot that turning free will off should also prevent sims from autonomously going to class. Did you try that when going to community lots?

I didn't try that but it's a great idea, thanks!