Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 8:50 PM
Whoa! Fairy wings on witch toddler?!
My witch/mortal sims' baby just aged up to toddler. I thought it was funny that the baby had green fairy sparkles when it was born but when I checked the relationship panel of other family members his border was gold; indicating witch baby. So I was like, whatevs.
Now, he's got wings! He's a witch with fairy wings! Is that supposed to happen or is this a glitch?

His genealogy is: GGF-Werewolf/GGM- Fairy, GF-Witch/GM-Fairy, F-Mortal/M-Witch. Can wings show up as a recessive trait?

p.s. He has a sister who is a witch with no fairy gene expression.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 9:02 PM
hm, ive not heard this, and as i dont have supernatural i cant test it, but i know hair and eye colour can skip generations and sims can inherit things from grandparents without their parents having it, would be cool if it was like that. would also be interesting to see if the child can do fairy things as well as witch things when its older! maybe youve managed to creat a hybrid without mods?

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Scholar
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 11:53 PM
I was under the impression the geneaology of supernatural types was from the parents only, not grandparents. So that's pretty cool and if i'm wrong I plan to overuse that from now on.

Congrats on getting the hybrid if it isn't a glitch.

Do you have any mods in your game? If so which ones?

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 12:44 AM
I think that this is normal, the Genetics XML is doing this:

<kWingShapeChooseGrandparentChance value="25">
<kWingColorChooseGrandparentChance value="25">

So this chance of inheritance has come through from the Grandparent, even though the child has NO PARENT who happens to be a Fairy. I don't know if it is intended that this non-Fairy child should get this chance or not.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 12:14 AM
I do have MC and some of the flavor packs for it. I didn't know that it enables hybrids. But even so, he had to have inherited the fairy traits from his grandparent. Thanks for the info, shimrod.
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I think that this is normal, the Genetics XML is doing this:

<kWingShapeChooseGrandparentChance value="25">
<kWingColorChooseGrandparentChance value="25">

So this chance of inheritance has come through from the Grandparent, even though the child has NO PARENT who happens to be a Fairy. I don't know if it is intended that this non-Fairy child should get this chance or not.

Wait, just so I'm reading this right. WingColor can pass down from a grandparent EVEN if the grandchild is not a fairy? So now you've got a witch with wings that don't work? Can you imagine the grief this kid will get in school? "Ha Ha, you're an Emu. You caaan't fly".

Then, as they grow up, how will this kid ever get a date? Would you date a witch with non-functional wings?

Ea needs a remedial course in genetics. Even fruit flies don't screw up that bad.
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 5:44 PM
how did you see the expression genetic of your sims
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#8 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Leateus
how did you see the expression genetic of your sims

This is an old thread from 2012. Many of the people here may have not been on site for years. It might be better to post a new thread if you have an actual question and put a reference link to this in the post.