Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 12:32 PM
okay I'm so confused. I'm getting really fed up at william never answering anything with a straight answer. he's becoming reallt annoying now and what the hell is going on now?
Advertisement
Original Poster
#52 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bopashu2
okay I'm so confused. I'm getting really fed up at william never answering anything with a straight answer. he's becoming reallt annoying now and what the hell is going on now?

Many things are going to be revealed soon... but then there will be some new questions.

I am working on the next update at the moment and it will be finished until the evening. :smash:

EDIT: No, it won't be finished. I'm kinda stuck with some parts of it.
Instructor
#53 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 12:04 PM
lol sorry for ranting like that but william was annoying the crap outta me and lucia, mostly me. I can't wait for the new chapter.
Scholar
#54 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 9:33 PM
Still as confusing as ever but in a good way!
Original Poster
#55 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 5:11 PM
Default Chapter 5, Part 5
I tried to make this less confusing and more revieling than my previous updates, but, IMHO, failed.

September 19th, Monday
(told by Jareth - it's a quick view into his mind to show his emotional state)

When I try to think about the last night, I start to see things which are not real.

A big figure comes out of the dark and takes Lucia away with him, do terrible things to her, tortures her, kills her again and again, kills her thousand times in a row in my head.
I slowly raise my gun and shoot at him a thousand times, but I miss my target and he kills her again.

Where will I be tomorrow? Maybe I will wake up locked in a big white room - big, but not big enough for freedom and imagination. If Lucia decides to tell somebody, this is exactly what is going to happen and I am not going to blame her for this - I know that she has got a wrong impression about our society, but, actually, if not it, she wouldn't be there, Ksnyatin wouldn't be there.
The role of a hero can be a burden sometimes.

No one must know what happened in the woods that night.

Yellow light of the streetlight pierces the darkness and illuminates my room.
This room now hides the biggest sinner of this world and I can hear its walls echo with the cold sound of evil.
I tried hanging a King Crimson poster against the window, but the light still finds its way through it, so my room is never completely dark. Some people fear this place because of who used to live there before, but it’s a nonsense, they should be afraid of me. I took somebody else’s life.
And I am worried about Lucia, because I am a wolf.

What happened to her house is easy to recognise and the further scenario is too easy to guess.

It's an awful thing to say, but grief is the real killer. One must never grief anything or anyone. The grief is curled deep inside of every of us and is looking for a way out. If it finds a way, it flows into our blood first, then it starts to flow through your mouth, eyes and every single pore of your body and you can't think of anything else. If you let it out, that's the end of you.
It's funny that some things don't look horrible until you see them from the outside. That's why I love watching movies. Cinema is truth 24 frames per second.

Rose likes movies too.
It is said that a hair color is the first thing woman changes when she wants to change her life. If that's true, then Rose must hate her life. She had copper hair when I saw her the first time.
Then followed blue, pink and purple.

I think that it was Jack who introduced us to each other two years ago.

- Hey, do you think that we can find some free space in our garage?
- I doubt that, it's already full. Why?
- Rose,- and Jack pointed to a tiny teenager who was sitting still the whole evening,- bought a moped and her father said to get rid of that monster. I think that we ought William a favour, she's his sister, I mean.
"This sweet sixteen girl rides a moped? Is that a joke?", I thought at first.

But this sweet sixteen girl was actually seventeen and she rode her moped better than any guy I know.

We spent the whole evening laughing, she even enjoyed my story about the oil filter. Though I still can't understand her passion for Yamahas.

We fell in love during the time of blue hair.

Rose used to change her appearance so often that it's sometimes hard for me to remember how does her face look like.

The purple period was a hell.
It took her a few minutes to answer my call that evening - that was unusual.

Her woice was trembling and I could say that she had been crying. I said that I'll come to pick her up after 15 minutes.
- I think that we should never,- answered Rose,- see each other again.
- What?
- I don't want to talk about that right now. Factory twenty three...
... and she put down the handset, or rather someone else did that for her.

We used to go to a rundown factory sometimes and when we said "factory 15", it meant "let's meet in the factory at 15 o'clock". I went there at 23.00 and waited till the morning, but she didn't show up.

They put bars over her window I and never saw her in the town again. I know that Rose is still in Ksnyatin, but my mind refuse to believe that they don't let her out of the building.
But it was William's job, probably. No one else hated our relationship as much as he did.

I wonder what color is her hair now.

Scholar
#56 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 9:24 PM
Instructor
#57 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 1:17 PM
well now I have more questions. lol this answers some of my suspions about william though.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 1:21 PM
Does she have a bump? O.o

To be, or not to be,
That is the question.
Everyone has a hidden identity!
Original Poster
#59 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 3:05 PM
Nope, she doesn't It's just her dress... it's a bit balloon shaped.
Original Poster
#60 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 1:19 PM
Default Ksnyatin Point, Part 17
1) I accidentaly lost most of my lots (Lucia's apartment, her art classroom, school's bathroom and Hostel) and didn't have a backup, so I had to rebuild them and they all look different from what they were before.
2) Jack (Jareth's weird friend) decided to change his eyes and skintone. Wasn't here, didn't see it, couldn't have stopped him. He really looks better now though.

September 22nd, Wednesday

I am in the corridor of the house I used to live in before we were forced to move out 10 years ago.

The front door was open and it didn't surprise me at all - there's no reason for anyone else to come in.

I came there to pick someting that I forgot to take with me, something very important, but it's not there and I haven't remembered what it is yet. Maybe I came too early?

I passed my room on my way there. Something felt strange about it. At first I didn't understand what it was, but now I am sure - the room was empty, completely empty.
No trees.
"Lucia!"

"Lucia, I think that I found it."

"So that was just a nightmare. I wish it made at least a bit sense. "

"Eve is calmly asleep in her bed. Just what anyone normal should be doing at this time of the day.
No wonder I can't sleep. Mother was really angry when I came home late last night."

I slowly opened the doors of my room and stepped into a halway, which was full of boxes, because we still hadn't finished unpacking. The sound of subdued voices coming from my mother's room told me that I wasn't the only one awake.
A guest? In a middle of the night? He spoke more quiet than my mother and I couldn't hear what he was saying, but I recognized the voice immediately - it belonged to the stranger with a hat.
They were arguing upon something.

"Wait, Claude, don't say anything... Claude! No, the girls don't know that yet."
"..."
"I promise that I will tell her everything until the end of this month. It's too early now, she's been so tensed lately, I wonder what could..."
"..."
"My daughter is not a criminal and she'll never be, how do you dare to..."

My heart fell to my feet - did he know everything? How could that be?

"Ksnyatin is not a dead-end", continued my mom, "it's worse than that. Claude, I want to leave this place and take the children with me. If I stay there one more month, I..."
"..."
"No, I am going straight to hell, do you know what... What's this noise?"

What noise? There wasn't any noise. Maybe she heard me?

I crept out of the halway to the kitchen, turned the tap on and let the water run, hoping them to believe that I was there all the time.

So his name was Claude.
He knew something about me that I didn't know myself.
He was visiting my mother at night and they were probably making future plans together.

"Well, at least my mother is going to tell me everything until the end of this month, that means, in a week or so. Damn, I..."

At this point, my thoughts were interrupted by a phone call.

"Hello?"
No answer.
"Hey, I am listening."
Still no answer.
"Hellooo-oooo?"

"Must be some kid."

Scholar
#61 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 12:55 PM
Curiouser and curiouser... but that's good! Keeps me comning back for more :D
Original Poster
#62 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 12:30 AM
Default Ksnyatin Point, Part 18
September 22, Wednesday
Ksnyatin Point High School

"Hi, Lucia!"

It was still weird to hear her talk to me nicely. Normally, I would expect Maggie to ask me to sit somewhere else and claim that this table was her territory. I think that she's even called me Lucifer on some occasions and, obviously, wasn't the kind of a person that I was looking forward to having a conversation with. On that day, at least.

"Maggie? I was kinda hoping that you won't... I mean, hi! Sarah told me that you have pneumonia".
"Oh, that applies only for Mr. Goofy".
Goofy was our Maths teacher.
"Why don't we chat a bit, whad'ya think? What did I miss during these 2 days?

"So it's true that he doesn't date, huh?"

"Err, sorry, who?"

"William, of course! It's William that I've been talking about the last ten minutes. Not that I am really interested in dating him, well, maybe... But what are you thinking about, Lucia? You don't seem to care about my troubles at all".
"I was just... trying to concentrate on the wall, that's all", I decided to say the truth, but it wasn't enough for Maggie. Her expression was asking for more. Something interesting, shocking, flagrant... "I swear, I don't know anything about William".
"Yeah, you've already said that", Maggie seemed a bit bored as well, "Many times, actually".

"Hey! Lucia, that's Maciek. Maciek, that's, well, obviously, Lucia. Why don't you join us?"
Even if I had no idea why Maggie felt obliged to introduce us despite the fact that we were having classes together for more than ten years, I felt relieved. "At last", I thought. "I won't have to listen to her babbling anymore". During our talk in the bathroom, Maggie sounded like she knew something interesting about William and maybe Jareth, but now I was beginning to doubt it. Well, unless you could label Williams' shoe size as interesting.

"Oh, Maciek, please, let's go out somewhere tonight".
"Somewhere? Sure, there's plenty of places to choose from. Besides, I am kinda busy, I..."
"Oh yeah? So what are you doing tonight, polishing you, dunno, motorbike wheels again or what? ..."
Maciek and Maggie were discussing their plans and I drifted away into my own world.
Sure, Maggie knew a lot about William, but none of her knowledge was useful to me. He likes Guns N' Roses, mechanics and football. There's a rumour that he can't read, but it's not true. William studies business in some university and isn't interested in Maggie at all, maybe doesn't even know that such a person exists. Can this help me to decide whether to believe his warning about Jareth or not?
"Stay away from Jareth", said William. "Stay away from him", seconded Rose's expression. But I just... didn't want to? It's funny that he had to commit a murder to make me realise how much do I need him.

"Lucia, are you asleep or simply dead?"
"What?"
"We're talking to you, wake up!"
"I am awake, could you repeat, please?"
"Repeat, oh boy!", and Maggie burst out laughing.

"Thanks god you didn't hear that. I would feel bad for William if you did", said Maciek.
"Well, that's very nice from you", I mumbled, not sure whether he was trying to comfort me or simply making fun. "By the way, Maggie, last time you mentioned something about William and Jareth being in some sort of gang, didn't you?

" A gang?", Maggie looked surprised, or at least she was trying to, "Are you sure? Maybe I was talking about some band, or, dunno, bang and you misheard me?"
"Then are they... in a band?"
"Well, no, as far as I am aware of. Are you sure that...."
"Yes, Maggie, I am absolutely positive that you said gang".
"Then you're wrong. But in case you find out something about this whole gang thing, I would be really interested to hear that."

And she turned to Maciek to continue their conversation about their plans for tonight.
Was she trying to keep this gang thing secret from him?
2 hours later

Somebody was standing by my locker.
Jack.
At first I wasn't even sure whether he remembers me at all and if I should say "Hello" or not, but then he waved me to come closer.

Jack: "Why are you wearing you hair like.. that?"
Lucia: "Like what?"
"Your hair was loose last time I saw you."
"Yeah, but this time I decided to tie them. Is there something wrong with tying your hair?"
"Did I say something like that? You should tie them more often, really."
"Well, thanks.. I guess.

Lucia: "So... waiting for someone, huh? Aren't you a bit too old to hang out with high school girls?"
"It might one of the teachers that I am waiting for."
"Oh. Right. That must be it."
"Anyway, I was waiting for you."
"Waiting for... me?"
"Well, there's only one you, right?"
" I guess so."

A short strange silence fell between us. It seemed that Jack had forgotten that I am there with him.

"So... Why were you waiting for me?"

"Jareth wants you to come to my place. With me. Now."
"Why would he want that?"
If you will ever be looking for a word to describe what was I feeling during this conversation, I suggest not using words "excited" and "fascinated".
"He wants to meet you there. Later in the evening, he's going to come there himself."
"But why didn't he come there himself?
"So you don't trust me, is that true?"

It was so true that I didn't know what to say.

"Would it be enough if I told you that... I know something about the boy you saw on Monday?"
"What? I haven't... to anyone..."
"And I know what Jareth did this Sunday."

"All-right. Do you live far from there? I am not a fan of motorbikes, ya know."

...and I thought to myself, "Maybe riding somewhere with this guy isn't entirely safe, but it's going to be interesting, at least."
Scholar
#63 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 9:37 PM
Does Jack ride his motorbike with no shoes?

I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes with Jareth!
Original Poster
#64 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 10:19 PM
Actually, Jack doesn't ride his motorbike often, he prefers walking (deep inside his heart, Jack is very romantic :umm: ). But when he does, yeah, he wears shoes.

To be honest, Jack's a parody of myself, since I love walking barefoot too. I can stand shoes, but socks... well, they're uncomfortable. :confused:
Test Subject
#65 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 11:56 PM
Oh very intriguing story so far... And I love your characters and sets!
Test Subject
#66 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 6:41 AM
You shouldn't be self conscious about English not being your native language. You carry the story very well. I love the quasi-fairy tale feel to what's going on and the several fairy tale references. Did I also see a reference to "A Clockwork Orange" in Jack's dialogue?

I have to say your pictures are a huge strength, too. Your lighting is just breathtaking in some shots, very evocative of mood. I'll have to put this on my "must read updates" list.
Original Poster
#67 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 5:41 PM
Quote:
Did I also see a reference to "A Clockwork Orange" in Jack's dialogue?

Yeah, Jack sometimes talks in nadsat (simply because I always imagined his voice and manners similar to Alex's in a movie. Though their characters are different).

Thanks for your comments (:
Instructor
#68 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 12:32 PM
wow. I just caught up on what I missed. very interesting. Don't know if I trust jack though but we'll see what happens.
Page 3 of 3