Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 12:23 PM
Default A Not So Pleasant Future. (UPDATED: 10/04/09)
A Not So Pleasant Future
by Vengeance

Chapter One
Ten Years Ago...

Many years have passed in Pleasantview since the mysterious disappearance of millionaire wife, Bella Goth. The people she knew and loved have moved on. Friends, family and lovers – all have mourned her loss and twenty years on, they are starting to build a new life. Her husband Mortimer Goth, at the ripe old age of sixty five married aspiring fashion designer, Dina Caliente. A ruthless woman that would stop at nothing to get exactly what she wanted.

And Dina wanted the Goth fortune. She not only moved into the Goth mansion but she literally forced Bella and Mortimer's daughter, Cassandra Goth into the arms of neighbourhood pimp, Don Lothrio. The two married and moved out after the birth of their first child, Bella.

Son Alexander, went and then returned from university with new wife, Wanda Tinker. However another Uni friend moved back into the Goth mansion with Alex and Wanda, the flirtatious Lucy Burb - much to Dina's disgust.

And the young Burb was certainly prepared to get her claws dirty as she immediately took an interest into the ageing Mortimer. And it didn't go unnoticed. Dina knew she had to up her game but right now, she wasn't sure how.

“I just wanted to say how thankful that I am for letting me move in here Mr Goth.” Lucy uttered smoothly edging closer to Mortimer, leaning in towards him. “After failing university my Mom was furious with me, I couldn't face going back there. I'm just thankful that Alex, Wanda and yourself were so welcoming.”

“Please, call me me Mortimer, dear.” He replied with a charming, warm smile.

She nodded, smiling back at him. “Another of your greatest qualities.”

“Qualities?”

“Kindness, warmness, tenderness and humorous. I could go on!” Lucy teased, flirtatiously pointing at him, moving closer with ever word. Mortimer loved the attention, the flattery more so. He was extremely self indulged and that's what made him so easy.

“Well I don't know about that.” Mortimer chuckled placing his hand to chest as Lucy continued to promiscuously admiring him, playing on the simplest of his desires. “But I'm glad your here, Lucy. You bring life to this old house and you make this old man, very happy.”
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 1:47 AM
Nice! I like it :D
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 2:19 AM
I really like this story, its different from other Pleasantview stories!
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 4:01 AM
Woo! This is already really juicy! Can't wait to read more.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 4:23 AM
Oooh battle of the gold-diggers!
#6 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 4:53 PM
this story is unique, it's not all about the boring, typical pleasants.
yay for the other characters! :D
#7 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 4:56 PM
This is going to end up entertaing - I can just tell it! I think you should continue working on this - I'm sure you're going to, but hey, always useful to add. Haha. It's very different from the usual stories, actually, so this'll be very neat!
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 10:22 PM
Default Chapter One - Ten Years Ago... Part Two
Meanwhile, Darren Dreamer had been getting closer to his neighbour Rosemarie.

She would come over quite often, they would watch television, play on the games console and genuinely just enjoy spending time in the other persons company. But Darren was still heartbroken over the loss of the woman he idolised for so long, his best friend and some people might even say “soul mate”, Cassandra Goth. After her marriage to Don, Darren angrily turned his back on her even after pouring out his heart to her. He was crushed. But Rosemarie brought the sparkle back into his eyes and the spring back into his step.

What started out as harmless fun was turning into the start of a beautiful relationship. They teased and innocently flirted with one another, each hiding their true feelings for each another until the day Rosemarie announced she was leaving Pleasant View.

“But you've only just got here!” Darren argued. “You came here on six months ago and now your just going to leave. Is it something I've done?”

“No, it's not you. It's me.”

“As if I'm going to fall for that old line, what did I do Rose?” Darren asked. “What did I do that was bad that has caused you to pack your bags and leave.”

“It has nothing to do with you Darren. Really.” Rosemarie told him, gritting her teeth and picking her cuticles. “It's my job, they want me to transfer back to the inner city.”

“Stop lying to me and don't say your not because your picking cuticles and you always pick your cuticles when your lying!” Darren shouted, surprising himself slightly, how did he know that?

“How did – but – how did you know that?”

“I don't know, I guess I just picked up on it. You know?” He said, catching his breath, trying to regain his composure. “It's one of those things you just notice, you can't really remember the exact situation of when you noticed but you do.” He rambled. “I guess that's what happens when you really like someone.”

“You like me?”

“Of course I do, I wouldn't keep opening the door to you everyday if I didn't.” Darren expressed, moving closer.”

Rosemarie dropped her head with a sigh.

“What?” Darren inquired.

“So you like me as friend, is that what your saying?” Rosemarie asked, avoiding eye contact.

Darren trembled, he didn't know what to say. Was this it? If he said the truth, that he thought of her more than a friend, would she stay? Thoughts rushed around his head, his palms started to sweat and he itched his scalp nervously. “Yes.” He answered.

Rosemarie sighed once more. Darren squeezed his eyes together and clenched his fists, he was so furious with himself. Why didn't he have the confidence to his show his true feelings to her?

“Right.” Rosemarie uttered. “I should go, I need to be at the train station in an hour.” She added with such disappointment in her voice.

“Let me take you, I can call us a taxi”

“No, Darren. You've done enough.” Rosemarie declared almost automatically after Darren had finished his sentence.

Her words were like a dagger, ripping through his flesh. His heart bled as she turned and started to walk away. Darren turned too and walked back into his house. Because that was what it was. A house. Not a home. Because you need love for it to be a home and all there was now was him. With Dirk off at university and with Darleen now gone for ten years last week, Rosemarie was his last chance at happiness. Now he was alone once more.

He just watched as she walked away. Her blonde locks, tied into two pony tails blew lightly in the wind. Darren watched as his heart ran away. He pulled the door shut and turned away, he couldn't face the sight of it any longer. It was tearing him apart.

“Darren!” Rosemarie's voice screamed. He turned to see her running for the house, running towards him. He opened the door and was taken back and she leapt at him.

She grabbed him and kissed him passionately on the lips, she couldn't walk away, she couldn't give up. She had to know for sure. Darren wrapped his arms around her and the two of them fell back onto the couch.

Darren pulled back and looked into her beautiful blue eyes. “I love you, I always have.” Darren told her, moving the hair from her face and tucking it softly behind her ears.

“Just kiss me you old fool!” She exclaimed and kissed him once more.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 3:06 AM
Awww, great update!
I almost cheered a little...
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 6:29 AM
Aaaaw! it is fun to see what every one does to Darren in their game :D
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 7:22 AM
Ooh, nice update very emotional!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 8:48 AM
Finally poor Darren has someone else!! I really like your story, cant wait for more!
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 5:42 PM
Glad you guys like it so far. It's been a while since I wrote a story, let alone a Sim style story. I'll try to keep it interesting.

I have the next two parts of chapter one written too, which would you like to see first: the Pleasants or the Brokes.
Scholar
#14 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 1:13 PM
Wow, this is awesome so far! I love Pleasantview fics.
Lucy? A sl*t? That's lolzlolzlolz. In my game she is the trusting, innocent sophomore girl who's engaged to Alexander Goth, believing him to be loving and faithful while he sleeps around with Dina and Nina Caliente behind her back.
And Darren and Rosemarie are gorgeous. It's like the ending scene of a movie or something. I hope they work out.

Do the Pleasants next! I* love that family.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Theorist
#15 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 7:16 PM
Great story so far, especially Darren's chapter! Rosemarie is so pretty. I think I'd like to see the Pleasants first.