Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 6:04 PM
Default Appassionata (No. 3 ADDED 4/22)
First of all, I want to thank each and every person who reads, enjoys, comments, etc. this story. I originally wrote this back when The Sims 2 came out. I came to love my sims, and when I recently started playing again, I found I still felt the same for the characters I had written about. So, I decided it was time to give this story a proper, improved rewrite. Enjoy!

Appassionata- No. 1
"There is only one happiness in life. To love, and be loved."-George Sand

~~~~~~

Today was the start of a new semester at Sim State University. The campus, just miles away from the seemingly ordinary town of Pleasantview, was always busy on the first day of school. Frightened freshman clung to their parents for reassurance before finally leaving for the dorm halls. Fraternities and sororities were already thumping with loud music and the scent of alcohol wafted from their buildings. Many returning students rushed to find old friends and make new ones. At the Pinenut Plaza Dorms, most of the commotion and mayhem had already passed, seeing how many students in the residency were returning and jaded when it came to college life.

Alexander Goth had never been a punctual person. Rushing up the steps to the entrance of the dorms, he nearly tripped over a couple of girls yammering on about shoes. He ushered a quick, skittish apology that was usual of him, and ran inside. Damn, I really need to stop doing this late thing, he thought to himself. Well, this time it wasn’t his fault; the entire summer was spent catering to his sister Cassandra’s well-being, after she was finally discharged from the mental health facility that had admitted her years ago, and making sure she was adjusting to normal life once again. So far, it seemed to be working out, which Alexander was thankful for. After her fiancé Don disappeared from Pleasantview without a word, his family was torn apart, and he’d been waiting for an ounce of hope that the Goth name would be restored to its former glory.

Needless to say, Alexander was very happy to be back at school due to summer break. Walking up the stairs to the second floor, he looked for any sign of friends or fellow sophomores to converse with. He had to admit, this year definitely was not as scary as freshman year. He remembered having nobody to say goodbye to, while everybody else had loving mothers and fathers sending them off to the real world. He remembered feeling so alone, with a broken sister, a missing mother, and a dead father. It seemed he was next in line for poor fate that was bestowed upon the Goth family, but it never happened. Neither broken like his family, nor happy like his peers, Alexander was in limbo freshman year.

Alexander suddenly stopped behind another young man yelling at someone down the stairs.

“Hey hey hey! Who the hell said you guys were allowed to take my TV?!” Dustin Broke shouted at the shaggy guy at the bottom of the stairs.

“…Ohhhh, sorry dude!” Castor Nova said in his usual mellow tone. “But the admins said that it’s only community tv’s for ya’ll, so this is now property of the Greek system. Charity and all that.” And with that, Castor ran off with Dustin’s beloved television.

Alexander couldn’t help but laugh at the situation. When he did, Dustin decided not to chase Castor and beat him to a bloody pulp, and turned around to greet his friend.

“Alex, my man! What’s goin’ on?!” Dustin said, patting Alexander a little too rough on the back.

“Oof.. I’m okay. I just got here,” Alexander replied with a polite smile. “Where’s Angela? Did you guys manage to get rooms close to mine?” Dustin nodded.

“Yeah! We got two rooms a few doors down, so we’re all together this year. Angela’s in her room, and I WAS about to go over there until that ass took my TV,” Dustin seethed. “I guess you can come with me now, though.”

Nodding, Alexander walked with Dustin down the hall. He was excited the three of them would be together this semester. He remembered when he first met Dustin, years ago when Alexander tested to a higher grade and was in the same class as the young Broke boy. Because he was younger than most of the high schoolers in his grade, wore glasses and had the last name of Goth, Alexander became an easy target for bullies. Dustin was the one who protected him from the others, and okay, maybe it was because he needed someone to do his homework, but after a few months, they bonded. Dustin found a confidant for all of his girl woes when it came to the “love of his life”, Angela, who Alexander found to be a sweet girl and got along with as well. By the time college came, the three had formed a tight bond, uniting against their broken families in an effort for some form of social happiness.

The two stepped through one of the doors in the hallway to see Angela. Her usual serene smile greeted the two.

“Hey baby!” Dustin said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“Hello darling!” Angela cooed, giggling as she relaxed on her bed. She flashed a smile at Alexander as well. “Hey, Alex! Are you excited for the new year?” Alexander shrugged.

“Eh… it could be worse. My physics courses could be tougher,” he said with a smirk. Angela nodded.

“Well, maybe you and Dustin can help each other out. Apparently, his grades slipped last semester.” At this, Dustin stiffened up and zipped around to face Angela.

“Baby, I thought you agreed we weren’t telling anyone that!” he whined. Angela stood up and shook her head.

“I’m just trying to make sure you get back in top form. I don’t want you failing out of school, honey.” Dustin was silent for a moment.

“…Oh. Well, that’s fine then! Baby, you always have the greatest ideas!” he declared, giving her an Eskimo kiss. Eventually, the two began to fawn over each other like always, becoming a cuddly mess of giggles and ‘I love yous’.

Bleh, Alexander thought to himself, hiding his face from their display. He always felt embarrassed when they went into cuddly mode. It was worse than one of those shows on the Women’s Life Channel. Looking down at his watch, Alexander noticed the time. The first class of the day was about to start. And not a moment too soon, so he didn’t have to stick around and watch his friends get romantic on each other.

Bidding them goodbye, Alexander left the two for his first physics course of the day. Yes, this year was going to be a good one, he thought to himself.

"Hmm..."

~~~~~~~~~
Will Alexander actually get to class on time? Who is that lovely lady staring him down? Will Angela and Dustin ever stop sucking face? Most importantly, where did Castor Nova go with that damn TV?! Stay tuned to find out!

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 8:08 PM
Great start cant wait to see where all of this leads to.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 9:04 PM
Me too :D

Poor Dustie! They took his TV!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 12:32 AM
Good job so far. I can't wait to read the next chapter .
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 8:01 AM
I love your writing style. Great start!
I'll be reading this to see where it all leads
#6 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 7:05 AM
Nice keep writing, your story is getting interesting! i've never really played maxis made sims lol let's see how Alexander turns out to be!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 7:24 AM
I'm loving it so far!.. One thing I wanna know though.

Why did they take Dustin's tv away??
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 7:28 AM
I would actually like to see more pictures to your story, but good.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 6:46 AM
Hey all, thanks for the commments!

BriMia: They took it because they could. I actually threw that little bit in there out of the blue, and didn't get any shots of Castor, and now I really regret it. He's always been one of my favorite Maxis sims.

I should have another update in the next few days. I'm just swamped with school at the moment, bleh. Thanks for reading and I hope the story will be able to keep you intrigued!
Inventor
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 1:41 AM
HAHAHA I love the ending! This is hillarious! Glad there's some humor here, even if its not a comedy story. I'll be watching, Dream. (like your new nickname?)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 6:16 AM
Default Appassionata- No. 2
Ugh... sorry it took so long for this chapter. It's nearing the end of the semester, and well, you know what that means. Lots and lots of writing for classes, and not for fun. Bleh. Sorry there aren't many pics in this chapter. I didn't realize when I first started planning this story out that I hadn't taken many toward the beginning. But there will be more with each chapter that comes out, promise me. Again, thank you all so much for reading! You're the reason I write in the first place!

Appassionata- No. 2
"Opposites can attract, as in magnetism. Or explode, as in matter or antimatter."- Peter David
~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Stupid, stupid, stupid!” Alexander hissed to himself, clearly agitated. How could he lose his watch within hours of coming back on campus?! That was the watch his father gave him before passing away! Oh, if only he were here at this moment. ‘How could you, Alex?!’ he would scold, giving Alexander a right wap upside the head. He always was forgetful of things, unlike his meticulous older sister. This, however, was bad. The last time he saw it was in physics, but when he left, it was no longer there; he must’ve left it on his desk when he was doing calculations for a theory.

Should he go back? No, the professor and students would be gone by now. Damn! Well, this was just great. He was watch-less... he almost felt naked.

Sighing, Alexander walked to the upstairs lobby of Pinenut Plaza, ready to admit defeat. It was dark now, and the lights were off, save for the faint glow from the arcade machine. Alexander assumed students were out partying, or… it was a long shot… studying in their respective rooms. He was about to flop down on the couch, when he felt someone else’s presence in the room.

“Are you just gonna stand in the dark all night?” a smooth, low pitched female voice inquired from behind as the lights flipped on. Alexander let out a slight yelp at the sudden words, and whipped around to see a girl standing there. Her skin was a natural tan color. Her brown hair was perfectly in place as it fell over her shoulders. Her eyes were a piercing green color, and a smirk tugged at her lips. Her hand rested comfortably on her hip, with a watch dangling from it…

Wait. That was his watch! He stood there, a dumb look on his face. How did she get that? For a moment, there was silence between the two. Alexander couldn’t think of anything to say. He never was good with the opposite sex (according to his prom date Lucy Burb, which ended in a failure of epic proportions). The fact that she had his watch also made him trip over his words, as he tried to strategize some sort of dialogue in his head.

“You left this in class,” the girl said, breaking the awkward quiet. Her words seemed to echo throughout the room. Well, now it made sense to him. He should’ve assumed they had a class together from the moment he saw the watch.

“…Oh,” Alexander replied sheepishly. Picking his head up, his deep amber eyes met her jade ones; he could feel heat building in his cheeks when he did so. This was getting uncomfortable now. Just grab it, thank her and go, he told himself. But his body was not willing him to do so. Instead, he was just standing in place, twiddling his fingers.

The girl sighed, clearly being forced to take control of this situation. “Y’know,” she continued to the silent Alexander, “You’re pretty smart in that class. Physics is always a bitch for people… but not for you,” she told him, that smirk growing on her face.

“Oh?” Alexander asked. Was she… complimenting him? He didn’t know, as he never allowed people to give him many of those. She nodded, dangling the watch in front of him, its gleam shining under artificial lights.

“Yeah. I don’t know how you do it… but I wanna know. If you’re willing to help me out, anyway,” she said mischievously. “And I promise I’ll make it worth your while.” At this, Alexander nearly choked on air. His mouth dropped open as he stared at her.

“Uhh… worth my while, how?” he asked, almost afraid of knowing.

“Well, you get your watch back, of course. And I get a tutor for the semester,” she replied with a confident shrug.

“Well, that’s kind of a lousy deal,” Alexander replied with a frown. He was obviously disappointed. His hormones were praying that the deal would be something much better, but alas. The girl’s face suddenly contorted to a disgruntled expression, her eyes narrowing. She began to turn about face, walking away.

“Wait! Where are you going with my watch?!” Alexander whined. Her slender hand shot in front of his face, offering him the watch. Snatching it, he frowned. “I can’t just offer services, lady!” he snapped grumpily as he strapped the piece of silver back onto his wrist.

“Whatever, dweeb,” the girl said as she walked away.

“That’s not nice! I am not a dweeb!” Alexander shot back, attempting to defend himself.

“I don’t care.” And with that, she was gone.

Alexander stood there, dumbfounded by the entire situation, until he could find a rational thought. What a bitch!, he thought to himself. Ugh! He was not a dweeb. And to think, he had to spend an entire semester in the same classroom with that girl! Groaning, he began to retreat to his room to take his mind off of the encounter.

Most definitely not a great start to the year.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 6:21 AM
Ouch...Make him talk to Dustin about Lady education :D

Great update
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 6:21 AM
LOL Kyle! Dustin always was the studlier one between the two.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dreamincitrus
LOL Kyle! Dustin always was the studlier one between the two.

True that. Even though he is dating to me he always seemed like experienced type of guy. Even if it only was with 2 girls( in my game anyways)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 6:30 AM
Haha! Dustin's had almost all the available ladies in my game! Good update by the way!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 6:44 AM
Thank you very much Kuma. I managed to find another pic to add that I forgot about of mystery girl.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 7:07 AM
Oooh lots of intrigue in this one. The woman is so mysterious, it's really interesting.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 7:45 AM
Lol that wasnt nice of her to call him a dweeb. Great update.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 6:04 AM
Default Appassionata- No. 3
I wasn't intending on updating this until after my papers were due for my classes, but I was in the mood. Feedback as always is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Appassionata- No. 3

As the weeks passed at Sim State University, so did the encounter with the girl from Alexander’s physics course. She sat toward the back, never seeming to pay attention. Alexander was surprised she hadn’t withdrawn by now, but as long as she wasn’t mean to him anymore he didn’t care if her eyes were always shooting daggers into his back. He’d considered making peace with her, as he was a big believer in karma, and didn’t want it coming back to bite him in the ass. Not only that, he did find her rather… intriguing. Then again, those were probably just typical male urges speaking. She was rather beautiful. She reminded him of someone, someone he recalled during his childhood, but the face was blurred now due to all of the melancholy events.

Alexander’s favorite part of the approaching autumn season was that it always rained. In fact, on this crisp October night, it just so happened to be drizzling. Angela looked out of a window of the dorm lounge in excitement.

“Oh, I’m so glad it’s raining again!” Angela declared happily. Dustin rolled his eyes.

“There’s nothing to do now,” he whined. “I can’t go out and work out or anything!” With that, he slouched further down in the beaten down couch and pouted the way a young boy would do. Angela sighed and shook her head.

“Oh, don’t be like that honey, you could always go to the gym, or something else inside,” she replied, trying to be optimistic.

“I don’t like the treadmills. I can’t show off my six pack then.”

“Yeah, of beer,” Alexander muttered with a smirk. Dustin shot Alexander a look and continued to sulk.

“Well,” Alexander said, standing up and stretching. “I was just going to head to the coffee house. Dustin’s welcome to come if you want him out of your hair, Ange,” he said with a small grin.

“Would you?” Angela asked excitedly. “I really need to finish this essay, and I can’t if he’s around trying to get my attention.” Alexander nodded. Sighing, Dustin got up and followed the other boy out of the dorm and to the campus coffee house.

The coffee house wasn’t too crowded and Alexander and Dustin were easily able to find a few comfy chairs in front of the fireplace. Looking down at the coffee table, Alexander saw the latest issue of the newspaper, a macabre headline on the front; ZOMBIES FOUND IN PLEASANTVIEW! WHO’S AT HAND? What a bunch of useless propaganda, he thought. They’d report on anything now these days.

“So, I was thinking about proposing to her soon,” Dustin’s voice suddenly chimed out of nowhere. Alexander’s head shot up so fast one could’ve sworn there was an injury associated.
“What?” Alexander sputtered, nearly burning his mouth with hot coffee.

“Yeah. But apparently it’s not a good idea judging from your reaction,” Dustin replied, frowning and staring a hole into his latte.

“Well, I mean, you guys are just a bit… young, that’s all,” Alexander managed to cough out.

“So? Are you saying there’s something wrong with that?” He shook his head.

“I’m not saying that! I’m just saying you both are busy right now with school and having to study, and it’s just hard when you marry. Besides, statistics…”

But Dustin wasn’t paying attention to Alexander’s tangent anymore. It wasn’t until he was done speaking the Alexander realized that Dustin’s eyes had been following someone who took a position at the cashier’s stand. Turning around, Alexander’s brown eyes widened. There was that girl from physics class, getting students’ tabs and taking orders.

“Great,” Alexander scowled. He still hadn’t made amends with this girl, and now he had to be within a 10 foot radius of her. Luckily it was about time to leave. Shakily, he stood up and walked toward the bar to pay his tab and get the hell out of there and away from her.

She was laughing and making jokes with a coworker when he cleared his throat nervously, causing a deafening silence. Turning, the girl’s green eyes narrowed slightly; well, it was nice to know she remembered him at least.

“Excuse me, umm…” Alexander stalled. Her name, what was her name? His eyes stopped on a nametag on her apron. Donna. Her name was Donna. “…Donna, but I need to close my tab,” he finished with a slight smile, trying to be friendly. She rolled her eyes and rang him up.

“Seven fifty,” Donna said in a rather monotone voice. Alexander nodded, signing the little receipt she nearly punched him in the face with. When he handed it back, she looked at it with wide eyes.

“Umm… I think you added too much onto the tip. You put a zero after the two,” Donna said, clearly surprised.

“No, that’s right,” Alexander replied, walking away.

“Hey!” she yelled before he was too far away. Turning around, he locked with eyes with her, but she quickly grimaced and turned her nose up.

“This doesn’t mean we’re friends,” she said, irritated.
“Oh, I know,” Alexander replied with a frown. “Have a good night, Donna.” And with that, the two men left Donna to the rest of her shift at the coffee house.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 1:06 PM
Great update! There's something very captivating about your writing, I love it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 6:47 PM
Aww, thank you so much! It's funny, everyone mistakes me for an english major or something in real life. It just happens to be something that comes naturally. Math, on the other hand... lol.

Thanks for the comment.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 11:32 PM
She sure is rude isnt she...great update.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 8:52 PM
i love reading this story! It's so nice that you're focusing on Alex..
He's almost never written about. Great job!!

Read Pleasant People here